The Run 11 Northampton/Silverstone HM Club

Well here we go a thread for all those who took part in the Run 11, in Northampton on sunday who are taking part in the Adidas Silverstone Half Marathon 2012. Booey, Hannahsmum Jo, Mr Kennedy, pull up a chair if you did the run 11 and are doing Silvo next March

Comments

• oi mister can I join your club image great Steve now we all have a HQ to meet, love it image
  • Yay, although if anyone else wants to do the Silverstone Run and wants to get to know us in here we dont mind honest image

Now then, fancy dress?????

• Right who's buying the coffee, and don't get the cheap stuff as that is a gripe i have in our house, As Jo says we we wont black ball anyone. lol.

Just had a look to see how much it was to design and buy t-shirts on line, just a basic wording and white t-shirt with name on back £13.99 without posting.

• you said on tuther thread Jo if i had waited another day we could have gone out for a run,Damn  i was actualy wondering at the time if i should have left it till tomorrow, the wind was crazy in places along the canal. i drank so much water when i came back though.

Booey, i dont know if Telford is a stretch to far away from you, december 18th i think, but 10k £8, got a mention in Mens Running magazine for november, two lap course.

• Morning all, massive sleep in this morning and missed alarm
  • Morning image

Steve - 18th Dec I am more than likely going to do the Santa Run, Stanwick Lakes nr Wellingbrough othwise I maybe would have considered Telford although yes it is a way from me

On another thread I use there is another little community of us like us here and one of the chaps keeps a list of all the races we are participating in and updates when we add more.  Maybe something we could do on here???  Just a though image  that way I could look out for what you sign up for and if not to far also do it

• Ive registered with Park Run Coventry, but maybe a bit and miss when i can do that, as Chloe as Tae Kwon do saturday mornings, so wont be able to do every week,

How far is the santa run Booey ?

I am taking my mum and dad over to Coventry Monday morning to get a coach to go on holiday, anyone fancy joining me for a run, i will be then going onto the Memorial Park to do a run there. it's a 5k circuit all the way round and i know the surronding area well ish so we could do a bit of a cicuit outside the park to, parking is free, there is a coffee shop to.

Planning to do

Stratford Raceway 10k November

Kingsbury water park 10k weekend after

Telford 10k december 18th 

• planning to get into Brum on 23rd to give Jo Hannahsmum a cheer or two

• Yes all supporters welcome for the Bham half marathon ( bham great run still cant get used to calling it  that )

I am wearing a red running vest that says " I am running for Bham Childrens Hospital "

I wore it for the first time this morning did a nice steady 10k first one since sunday in 1 hour 8mins, along the canals, it was very windy and when i did run on the roads, got lots of horn honks too, i enjoy the horn honking, well u know now i'm a veteran runner i have to make the most of it!!! 

Yes i'm going to do kinsbury hopefully, and fancy the telford 10k too as thats not too far away

I cant do this monday steve got so much on and got to go visiting someone otherwise another day i could have possibly done it 

you will have to come over to my neck of the woods, i'm planning on running monday, weds and friday next week if you fancy any of those days Monday will just be a short 3miler weds will probably be 6 or 7miles friday about 4miles

the following week taking it real steady again monday 4miles weds 3miles and friday 2miles and then Sunday 13.1miles eek!!!!!

Yes i like the idea of adding the runs Booey and keeping a list of them, it will be good to look back too and know what the courses are like too

• List of races  around 5k/10k for November, that i guess are about roughly no more than an hour away ish for most of us. sorry booey i am taking it that you live around the Northampton area. feel free to add.

Sunday 6th November

Conductive Birmingham 10k - £11 in advance

Saturday 19th November

Stratford Raceway 10k & Half Marathon - £12 in advance onlly around Long Marston Airfield

Sunday 20th Novwmber

Coventry 10k - Check with website as they were unsure a month or so ago if this was going ahead memorial park, £10

Sunday 27th November

Kingsbury Water Park 10k - £13 on day and in advance, 2 5k circuits around the country park on different mixed ground of pathways and grass

• Firday is a possibility Jo, will have to let you know how the week pans out, and let you know midweek. planning to do at least 7 miles tomorrow, slow i should imagine, but if i can go further will do.

• Steve - I live in a village midway between Northamton and Rugby so a tad closer to you than Northampton

Jo - sorry if I am repeating myself but is this your first HM?  Whats the highest mileage you have done in prep for it?

I am about to start the Hal Higdon Novice 2 HM Training Schedule and see how I get on

• Sorry Steve Santa Run is a 10K
  • torn between two now, but will probably go for Telford 10k. just had the mother of all rain storms here
  • Right, i've put the chairs straight, turned everything off at the walls and is about to turn the lights off and lock the doors and go off to bed. Had enough of today and of people who talk and say nasty things about people just because they maybe slightly different to them, shouldn't let it bother me but when it upsets my kids that is a line that is crossed
  • aww Steve sorry to hear that, hope you feel better after a nights sleep, chin up xx

Boeey yes this is my first HM, i ran 11miles in the killer heat last week in 2hours 17mins, it was soooooooo hot worse than the northampton 10k and thats saying something.  I am tapering down now so i hope that the last 2miles will be pure adrenalin and ppl cheering that will get me thru 13.1 miles

yes just let me know about friday steve, it would be fun if you can make it

I'm off to Liverpool tomorrow, hoping to get on here but all depends on how sucessful internet connection is, i'm doing Fab Four run and  bf is doing Liverpool Marathon

it is apparently really windy up there eek!!!

• First cup of coffee, lets see how that slides down Josh is on a hyper this morning so lets see how this morning goes, off to the gym to have a treadmill run and mix it up a bit, see some of the mob i know down there, few beers tonight with an old friend.

Tomorrow gym am for weights, since i have lost weight according to my records i have lost two stone since june, 1 & 3/4 inches of my man boobs, 3  &  inches of my stomach line, three months ago i could run 300 yards at a time.

Saturday afternoon football watching somewhere dont know yet but somewhere, sunday will be a run around tamworth somewhere.

sunday pm nothing

• Went out with club again last night, did 4.5 miles.  Was hard going and I struggled, there was only 4 of us and they are quicker, I really need a bigger group with more mixture image I kept running all the way but new group new people you have to don't you and maybe its a good thing image  I still have a couple of other options so keeping my options open

Today I feel totally shattered, tired not achey.  Finishing work at 1.30 today so going for a 10K round the ressy on my own image

Prob not back on here till Monday so have a good one and happy running image

• Did  7.76 mile treadmill run, mainly run with the odd minute walk here and there for mouthfull of drink.

I've been getting tired to Booey i have uped my milage though, guess it's something us elite athlete imageimagehave to endure.

hope eveyone has a good weekend

Any lurkers looking at this thread feel free to add to it's content

• Well I'm now in Liverpool, totally starving no idea where we're going to eat yet , doing fab four run on tomorrow and bf doing marathon on sunday
  • going for a run tomorrow, nneed some stress relief, dont know if that is wise on five pints of bulmers but just need to get closer to the edge of pain and feel that point where one gets to that you cant do no more, and your body cant go on, think if i was 21 years younger i would join up
  • Morning all out there in running land, hope you all had a good weekend, judging by FB, Jo did, maybe you could give us a report of the race you did.

Got a hectic week coming up, just taking one day at a time at the moment, running schedule might be a bit hadhok, have had to cancel taking my Mum  Dad into Coventry for a bus to go on holiday this morning cause i have an issue that needs to be addressed with one of my kids schools, my son has a disability and we go out of him friday what has been going on, and it's not the first time that i have had to go up to the school, this time i want something done or it will then be the school govenours, or if so i will go to the newspapers.

on the brightside have a good day

• Well I had a disaster on Friday image  I was so drained and only managed to run about half of the ressy run had to walk the rest image then to top it all and to cut a long story short, my hubby had locked his van keys and my car keys in the van, everything locked in including phones, keys, money, clothes etc image The sailing club clubhouse (hubby windsurfs here) let us use their computer to google who the beakdown cover was with (hubby knew he had key cover) we waited 2 more hours for them only to be told sorry these T5 Transporters are impossible to get into and its cheaper to smash a window at home rather than the vehicle. So, decent fellow windsurfer ferried us about to get to home, smash a window image collect spare van key back to sailing club to get into vehicles.....hey presto we got home at 8ish to clear mess up and board window.

Hence all the excitement I rested Saturday and boy did I need it, and did a short 3.5miles yesterday

Steve - sorry to hear about the school problems etc hope you get it all sorted

Jo - how did fab four go?

• Sounds as though you had an interesting weekend Booey.

Ive been upto the school to see my lad's head teacher, think the two ladies on reception thought i was being a bit bulshie, should i say, again have been gtold that things will be looked into, but not hoping for anything to be sorted much, but amongst things, when you hear a young child on the playground tell my son that his mum, dad and sister are going to get it tonight, you wonder what sort of perants are bringing this child up. as soon as things are sorted with his statement i will be moving him on. Just get tired with it all, i shouldnt be falling to sleep at 11am.

hoping to get out tomorrow morning for a run a long steady one to.

If any lurkers out there look at this thread and want to join in then pull up a chair

• morning all, just thought i would wake this thread up a bit, havent managed a run yet this week, been s busy, and the only time today may have to be a treadmill run later tonight, mind you have been taking it easy exercise wise as felt crap sunday, so have eased off a bit
  • I know the feeling Steve, I have had 2 days rest and feel loads better.  Off out with another club 'Run England' tonight and see how I get on with them image

'waves' to everyone

• hiya, sorry not been on, i've been in the run liverpool thread ( cos of being in liverpool obviously ) and met so many runnersworld runners in liverpool it was just fab ( that thread is currently being updated quicker than i can keep up with lol )

anyway Fab Four run was brilliant, i have never laughed so much in all my life before a run, it was just a fun run not a serious thing ( no chips ) Run Liverpool who organised the run but a bus on for us all to climb aboard to take us to Sefton park where the run took place 

then we all had to don Beatles wigs so funny, there about 50ish people doing the run but we all had our beatles wigs on, singing beatles songs, then we did the steady jog ( got lost in the park so ended up running 3miles in stead of four ) then they took us on a little tour to see penny lane and the barbers shop called sergent peppers

it really was a fab time, it rained, but we didnt care, made the liverpool echo

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/multimedia/news/latest-news/images/2011/10/08/run-for-your-life-fab-four-fun-run-warm-up-for-liverpool-marathon-100252-29561964/

then watched the marathon on sunday my bf ( on here ulen madasaboxoffrogs ) did it in 4 hours 4mins which was a pb for him, had a fantastic weekend and really am looking forward to doing my bham half in just over a weeks time then the london marathon ( and not forgetting silverstone obviously inbetween image)

Did a 6mile run today with some great hills ( in preparation for the bham half ) and am planning on doing a 3miler on friday ( we still havent managed a run together yet steve lol )

hope everyone else is ok

• will try and get over and see you in brum Jo, Joshua's Autism is in ovrdrive at the moment, so i with work, meetings with authorities and school i havent been or felt like training since sunday, but begining to see a light at the end of the tunnel so maybe able to get out friday at the mo, god knows what i will be like though or how far i go, at least we've got a date on when his special needs statement is coming through, i had a mother come upto me in asda yesterday and say whilst Josh was having a hypo  your sons very naughty isnt he, can't you keep him under control, what's his problem, to which i replied he has a disability called Autism, but then i guess your the one with the disability as you dont seem to understand, she goes quiet and disapears, so hopefully i will come over and cheer you on, lost your number so need it again'