Too fat to run now

Comments

• Friendly support & encouragement.  Only you know what is best for you.  Anyway, I want to see you in the flesh in  image Portsmouth in December!!
  • limperlimper ✭✭✭
    I think for both our sakes you should see me in clothes in December image
  • Me want to play.
    Limper your safe "es only iccle'
    You need to weigh up the cost of petrol over your entrance as well.
    We are with you either way.
  • limperlimper ✭✭✭
    Is he as ickle as me?

I've already paid the entrance fee so that's all forgotten now. So I either spend the petrol money or I save it! Sometimes these things are a financial decision for me, but this time it's a fitness and health matter.

Anyway, I've been and done my half-mara training now just in case...
    Cross training - changed the duvet. That is some work-out I'm telling you.
    Specific exercise - shaved my legs.
    So I should be fine to do 13 hilly miles now. Knackered spine / pelvis and grumpy hamstrings won't come into it at all!!!
  • Limper go girl!!

<sits and waits patiently to see what Limper has decided>

Tippy and Eagles....spectators too, I am impressed

Hehe Limper, December without clothes, well maybe a tad chilly really image 

• limperlimper ✭✭✭
    Things shrivel in the cold don't they Bodj? So nekkid in December would possibly be flattering on me... not sure about the boys though image

OK, OK, I'm going. Stop badgering me (I made a funny there as it's the Badger Half that I'm doing).
    << packs energy drink, defibrillator and spinal traction into sports bag >>
    You'll be sorry that you made me though. I shall be on here whinging non-stop afterwards. Once I can sit in a chair again that is.

Byeeeeeeeeeee.
  • Highlight comments from Tiptoes on yesterday's run:

You are swinging

That's a big frontage

They are big ones.

Runs with TT are never dull image

• limperlimper ✭✭✭
    image Eagle. That Tippy, he's a card isn't he!

Job done here BTW. It was tough. I was slow. Got a PB for the course though!
    It's a very well organised event every year and this was no exception. Pat on the back to Run To Live Events and to Happychap of the forums, whose baby this is.

Is Mark out there anywhere? How did you do at your inaugural 10k Mark?

You tried any more plodettes this weekend Speedy?
  • Hi all. You are a fun lot on here yer know!!

I had a great run thanks, exceeded all my expectations.
    The course was very picturesque, westerly into a breeze, down part of the Marriots Way (old railway line thanks to Beeching) which has now been turned into a public footpath / cycle route between Aylsham and Reepham in Norfolk. This path extends all the way to Norwich.

It was multi-terrain, hardcore/sand gravel with sections which were more muddy, thanks to a morning of rain. Was well organised with markers at every Km, and a nice big clock at the finish.

I was hoping to break 1 hour but because of the conditions thought it unlikely.
    However I didn't do Parkrun yesterday so hadn't run since Thursday.
    Its the first time I have had 2 consecutive days rest since I started all this a few months ago, and I felt so full of running on fresh legs.
    Went through the 1k at 6.00 dead, and 2k at 11.50 really because of the number of people. It was quite narrow and difficult to overtake, but I was joined by a Norwich road runner and we stayed together till 6k at the water station. A lady handed me a cup of water and thought I will do this just like on the 'Telly', took the cup kept running tried to drink it, nearly choked to death and the remainder went down my shirt.....its not as easy is it looks is it.....Chortle!!!

I kept checking my watch and could not believe I was consistantly below 6 minutes ever km.

When I got to 9k my watch said 50.30 I could not believe it.
    And the big clock said 55.45 with 100m to go, so I think I got around 56 minutes, but I was in a total state of dis-repair at the end. There were loads of people lining the side of the old platform cheering and clapping, what an amazing feeling, I have never experienced anything like that in all my 51 years.

I cant believe what I have just done. There have been times in the last few months when I have wondered (especially at the start when I couldn't even Jog more than a few hundred Yards) why am I bothering with all this?
    Well now I know, and I know now why you all do it, and I am so pleased I put the effort in....Loved it!!!
    Roll on in a fortnight Great Yarmouth 10k here I come.

Sorry about the essay but I am totally made up.
  • limperlimper ✭✭✭
    Hooray for Mark imageimageimage

It's a great feeling isn't it matey? image Very huge Well Done to you for your first big race and here's hoping your career continues.
    The time doesn't really matter when it's all new - but in your case you did a brill time anyway! I'm not surprised that you are chuffed.
    I bet your family are well proud of you? Are you still wearing your medal - even after a shower and with your pj's on?!!

We'll let you off this year but if you hang around here you could be obliged to come and join the boys and me at Portsmouth Coastal Marathon next December!!
    Although Eagle may not be back for a second year after seeing me 'in the flesh'!! Tippy, bless him, is not a very discerning chap and obviously cannot remember the disgusting sweaty hugs I subjected him to last year!

<< blows kisses to her favourite forum man >>

Anyway - well done again Mark. I'm pleased it was such a positive experience for you. Keep it up image
  • Well done Mark.  image Your hard work paid off, and will continue to do so as you build in physical & mental strength for this running mullarky.  I'm sure that like most of us you will make great friends through running. We all do it for different reasons and have different goals, but most of us have the greatest respect for each other.

Portsmouth 2013? Steady on Limper image . I might get washed away by the tide.

The temperature must have dropped as Tiptoes put his grandad leggings on yesterday.  I suppose I should be grateful.

• Thanks, I had the medal on all the way home. It will get surgically removed sometime next week....chortle!.
    Was thankful for the water, free banana and Alpen bar at the end too.
    Keep running all.

P.S. When will the adrenelin buzz wear off?
  • limperlimper ✭✭✭
    Hopefully it won't wear off Mark, but there is a chance that as you try to come down the stairs tomorrow and your quads suddenly fail to support your knees and you start walking like a duck... well that may be when the buzz dulls a little!!
    Seriously - you'll probably feel great until you have bad run. And when that happens - just remember how you are feeling now.

Eagle - you need to count your talons more carefully... this year is 2011 so the next Pompey Mara will be 2012. Tut.
    You should have come along to today's 'fun run'. It was in Dorking. I'm guessing that is near Reading as they both end in 'ing'. Yes?
    It was smashing!! (I like that word - smashing smash smashers).

Edited because my capitals didn't work and I can't abide bad grammer.
  • Just getting ahead of myself Limper!  Or was I taking 2012 as a given?  Did you not spot me overhead, I was pooping on the opposition for you.
  • limperlimper ✭✭✭
    When you're as slow as me and as near the back there is no opposition, just camaraderie!

How's your eaglet settling in at Uni now Eagle? Is it their first year?
  • Youngest Eaglet is in his second year @ uni (Canterbury).  He came home this weekend to collect his cricket gear for the winter indoor games.  He seems happy enough.  Elder Eaglet (the fast running one) finished uni 3 years ago.  He's doing well in a good job and bought his own house back in May with girlfriend.  

Lucky Mrs E still has me at home thoughh.image 

• I think I can join this club.  I'm male, 34 and I weigh about 16 stone 8.  I've lost about 12-14 lbs in the last few months but should have lost a lot more by now.  My eating is really letting me down.

I feel my weight is really holding me back and is causing me some knee problems.  I'm about 4 stone overweight.  I know this as I checked what my ideal weight should be online and also with weight watchers too and both have turned up that I should be no heavier than 12 stone 6.  Although I really want to be 12 stone max, preferably as light as 11 stone.

Anyway my fitness has improved but I feel my weight is slowing me down and causing me to have more knee issues than I would have if I were several stone lighter.

I've been running on a combination of tarmac and concrete and grass, but I think I need to stick to grass mostly as I seem to have less knee issues that way.  Resting up for a few days or a week now before perhaps starting again.  Although I'm wondering if I should wait until I get under 15 stone perhaps before starting any running again?

• Limper: remember the hugs well.

Well done on your Half, Smashing time.

Mark well done, keep it up.

Will be doing another Tippy Tours with RE tomorrow, may have to get the flashing tu tuout now its dark.

Wakie Wakie Speedy, & Bojit

• limperlimper ✭✭✭
    How do you know my time was smashing Tippy?

Be careful who you flash your tutu at!!

I just answered one of the questions on University Challenge. I'll probably have to have a little lie down now.
  • Well you mentioned pb so must have been smashing lass
  • limperlimper ✭✭✭
    PB for this event. Not my Half Mara PB though.
    Smashing nonetheless image

My ribs ache a bit from running uphill!!

I had snackajacks for pudding. That's probably not very proper is it?!
  • Limper, nope not proper but nice.
    I had malt loaf. And a liquer coffee.
  • Thanks for the well done Tiptoes and all on this thread, I cant wait to get out tomorrow after resting today (although been at work hardly resting).

Pablo I have mentioned on your thread you started a couple of days ago how I went about my weight loss and when I started running.
    But thats only how I went about it, we are all different, but I did not start jogging till I was down to 14.5 stone, and after having a check up first!!!
  • limperlimper ✭✭✭
    Still buzzing then Mark?!

Today is run-home-from-work day but unfortunately (snigger) I have stuff to do at home this evening so can't really be late in. Oh dear, what a shame!
    Plus I need to take my car to work so that I can stop off at the shops for more snackajacks. I can't think where they've all gone.

Malt loaf - Mmmmmmmm.
    What about custard? Was there any custard? Was there?? << drools all over the lily-pad >>

Spose I better hop off to the funny-farm now (my place of employment not my residence!).
    Have a smashing day peeps.
  • <mops lily-pad up>

Limper (I HATE CUSTARD).

Now young lady, the car stays home, and you jog home (wags finger) unless i see a note in triplicate from Limper Dawg with good reason image

• Buzzin' is right Limper just did my lunchtime 6k, really went well.
    Still cant believe that I am doing all this (just pinched myself - owch yes I am not dreaming).......
  • Well done well done well done to all.

Not read all your posts as being naughty and posting from work - bad Speedy

So I will be quick. I have decided to go for London bad knees and all so here is the dilemma. Tis something like 27 weeks to London. Can this massive fatty manage it in that time??????

Ok lots of experience and a 4.30 marathon PB tells me not to be a fool but I am not looking for a PB those days are gone my aim is under 6 hours.

So come on folks what is the opinion? It's been 4 years since I last raced and a lot lighter.

Suppose I better do some work here.

Limper will email you tonight if I can pinch laptop.
  • limperlimper ✭✭✭
    Dear Tiptoes,
    Please excuse my mum from PE this evening as she has to get home quick to take me to see the horses and she has to have the car to buy me doggy treats (and snackajacks) from the doggy-treat shop and I don't want to wait hours for her to get in and then she'd be all smelly and need a shower instead of paying me attention and I want her to play in the garden with me and my bestest tennis ball while it's still light enough to see it and and and... and please just excuse her from PE and please can she do it another day instead.
    Fank yew very much.
    LimperDawg. xxx
    PS - you are well funny if you don't like custard.

(x3 copies).
  • Dear limperdawg.
    Mum is excused just his once.
    Speedy: forget the word race, enjoy the day. With training or lets put it another way with a few leisurly plods the help from family and friends you can get round and enjoy the day.
    Positive thinking.
  • Well Speedy.G if the Norwich Half goes well at the end of November i am considering the Bungay Black Dog full Marathon in April 2012 (only live once) and 4 months ago I was a non-runner.

So you just enter London and enjoy it!!