Too fat to run now

Comments

• limperlimper ✭✭✭
    I consider myself to be a moderately valuable antique. Like one of those hideous vases that belong at the back of the loft.

<< peers at Eagle's mouldy bits >> Hmmm, interesting.
  • Phew, thanks Limper image

Have you 'considered' tomorrow? Walking the dawg to the village counts....as long as you repeat it 15 times....!!

Mini is fine thanks, 3 weeks to go.........

I had to work this morning, still that's it til Monday now!

Eagle...the duck did 15 miles......??

<sits and awaits photos>

<eats a lump of brie.....(fine cheese please note, soft and runny)>

• limperlimper ✭✭✭
    I'm still considering Bodj. Decisions can take me a while these days.
  • Have you decided then Limper?

Hope family meeting goes well Bodjit. Mini B will be glad when next few weeks pass. Does she know what she is having? Enjoy your time in gin wagon.

You boys are certainly doing the mileage with all the Tippy Tours.

Knees sore today. Used cross trainer during week but plan a plod tomorrow if knees ease off.

Rejoined Slimming World this week. First weigh in next Wednesday.
  • limperlimper ✭✭✭
    I have decided...

... to save money and run in my own beautiful area. I'm currently finding it a bit tough to get out there though! In fact I think I need further pre-run nutrition and hydration before I go!!

Good luck with your plod Speedy.
  • Not been out yet. Been silly as hubby was on nightshift and he came home had breakfast and went to bed. Guess where my running gear is - yes in the bedroom and I know if I try to go in for it it will waken him and then I end up with a bad tempered hubby. Fortunately he will be up about 3pm so I can get my stuff out then.

Now all you experienced folk out there. I need a training plan for London. I can't run a Tues Wed or Fri due to very long shifts. I will try to fit in some work on cross trainer on these days.

Can it be done and if so how? It's 25 weeks away. I don't want to knacker the knees any more than they are. Over this 25 weeks I intend to lose as much weight as I can as back at Slimming World.

You think I had never run before wouldn't you ... lol.

Hope everyone is having a brill weekend.
  • limperlimper ✭✭✭
    Why don't you try a 12 week plan to get you to half mara fitness and then go on to a 12 week plan for a marathon?
    I don't know if that's a good idea or not - I've only ever 'trained' for one of my marathons and it was the least enjoyable of all the ones that I've done!

Dawg and I did a 7 mile cross country waddle. It rained and winded and we are knackered.
    I'll add some photos if I can ever figure out how. Chrome is fast but it's not very easy!
  • just been for a short plod and I see an improvement already. It was short and apart from a wheeze I felt good. Will plod in morning as getting hair cut and coloured in afternoon.

Most I ever got up to in trai g for a marathon was 18 miles. Most marathons I only trained to 16 and managed a 4.30 time.

Direct me to a training plan Limper.

Well on on the run. Does Dawg enjoy them? Mine won't run. Years ago our Lab ran miles and miles with us.
  • limperlimper ✭✭✭
    Dunno where to send you for a plan Speedy. Isn't there a training section on the red bar at the top of the page?

Dawg enjoys being out with me but after 3 miles she struggles to keep up. She can stop and start and 'sprint' as it were, but long slow plods are an effort and I've never got her beyond 7 miles. It's probably a breed thing. I'm going to push her a bit more now that it's not hot.
    Having said all that - after her 7 miles today she then spent 1.5 hours 'helping' me in the stables and chasing a ball around!

What do I want for tea?
  • Evening
    Speedy here is a link
    http://www.runnersworld.co.uk/racing/rws-basic-marathon-schedules-get-you-round/108.html

Slow and sensible, as you build up the milage to the start of the 16 week schedule
    Self belief is a major help in all types of training.
  • limperlimper ✭✭✭
    I believe that I myself am a small green frog.

Am I appropriately trained now Tipster?
    ;)
  • Limper: behave, now hop to it.

http://www.runnersworld.co.uk/members/images/15377/Gallery/2_1.JPG

http://www.runnersworld.co.uk/members/images/15377/Gallery/1_3.JPG

• Eagle on Milkmaid's bridge during Tippy Tour 29.10.11.  This footbridge is over the Kennet & Avon canal by Southcote lock.  I think that the duck had a paddle here and exchanged bills with its mates.

Hallowen nite run tonight, head torch, fancy dress, ghoulies.

Anyone else going to make a complete ar*e of themselves in an off roader in the dark tonight?

• Just had bit of argument with hubby. He doesn't want me to attempt to run anymore. He thinks I am not doing myself any good. He thinks I am too overweight and getting too old to run considering the state of my knees. He doesn't want me to do London. He thinks I will make the arthritis worse.

I am not a happy bunny. Has made me feel rather down.
  • Oh Speedy,

1) There is no such thing as too old to run (and is hubby older than you anyway?)

2) Sensible levels of exercise helps weight management

3) Medical opinion dictates on the arthritis front.

As for London only you can decide.  Don't decide in haste, plenty of time to make up your mind. You may never get another chance. 

Do what is right for you.image

• limperlimper ✭✭✭
    Wot the bird said.
  • Will have to try on my outfit for tonight's Halloween Nite Run soon - never worn a flourescent pink (or any colour) tutu & accessories before.image  Will I get more than I bargained for? 
  • limperlimper ✭✭✭
    I was going to ask why you are wearing that sort of thing for a 'fright-night' run Eagle... and then I thought a bit harder about you in a pink tutu and I can see what might be scary about it after all!!

Photo's please.
  • Eagle even shaved his legs image

• Speedy: I agree with RE's post do not make any judgements yet.
  • Eagle did not!  My plumage is immaculate.
  • limperlimper ✭✭✭
    Even I don't shave my legs once the evenings are dark. The more fluff keeping them warm the better!!

Tippy - you are looking just a bit too gawjuss in that photo image
    Eagle's snot bad either but in a rather more colourful way!

My running has taken a bit of a nose-dive. I am so stupidly busy with home and work life that there is just nothing left in the tank (physical or mental) to get me out there. I've skipped two opportunities this week due to (insurmountable) fatigue and I'm quietly happy at the prospect of limited chances to get out this weekend.
    I wish there was a tablet I could just take that would help.
    Oh yeah, that'd probably be speed or E or summat wouldn't it?!!
  • limperlimper ✭✭✭
    << groan >>
    Don't give up the day job Eagle image
  •  Limper - Plenty more where that one came from.  The weather was kind for Tippy Tours this morning.  The duck stayed at home today, but a Burper came along. image  Another long one in the MaraBank, with 'after tour add ons' 18 miles.

• limperlimper ✭✭✭
    My exercise today took the form of trying (and failing) to control a horse that was freaking out. In the process I have been kicked very hard in the back. Not sure what the damage is - hoping it's only bruised - but at the moment I can't bend or stand on one leg.

Well done Tippy and Eagle (and Burper of course!) on your tour. You will have no trouble with the Pompey mara. Got your numbers yet?
  • Limper, we have received our numbers and i think the burper may have one as well as the duck.
    Be careful and get the proper Quacks to look at your back young lady.
  • Love the photo RE.

Limper not good about your back. Hope you are ok. Best see the doctor. Look after yourself.

Lost 3lb at slimming club. Thought it would be more as was good apart from 3 glasses of wine. I can't get away with taking anything that is not diet food. Tis not fair.

Knees have complained lots this week. Keep cracking and buckling under me. Then today nasty pain at top of bad leg made walking difficult. Not happy.

My poor dogs are miserable tonight. One is under table and another is behind the sofa. They are barking their little heads off every time a firework goes off.

What are you all up to this weekend?