Options

Time to resurrect a Strictly thread!

Comments

• Options

Nancy gone !!! image

Next Lulu ....image

• Options

Just caught up on all the posts - I need to arrane watching and being on here at the same time!!!

Stuff I can remember:

Holly and Artem were lovely - really enjoyed it (especially Artem.... hmmm.....).

Kristina and Jason were great - I LOVE her choreography - she's had so many years with turkeys (Joe, John Sargeant) that I don't think we've ever seen what she can do. She looks nicer this year too - stopped having her lips filled or something? Eyebrows move? Whatever it is, she looks much softer. Good job.

Audley - gawd yes we all know he's a big fella - but that doesn't stop him even *trying* to  point his toes does it?! Danced like a clown. Hated it. 

Robbie - nope, didn't do it for me this week either.

Anita - oh I WANT her to do well - really I do, but I think she gets overmarked - she never seems very steady on her feet. 

Lulu. Shudder. 

Nancy - I thought this was her best week!! At least she danced a bit. Not as bad as the judges made out (although still pretty awful) and omg at Aleesha and her comments about the legs apart....guffaw!!

Chelseee - oh bless her heart. I've realyl warmed to her now. I read an interview with her about her boob job - it was all to help her with her own insecurities, I don't think she's got any intention of showing them off. Wanted to give her a cuddle. And I like Pasha, he seems really sweet.

Alex - loads better, loved her dress too!

Russell - ah who cares he got it wrong? Made me smile. And hey - at least Flavia won't be dating him any time soon..... Jimmi must be relieved image

Bye Nancy!! image

• Options

I think me and Raffles chanting "Drown the Witch" over TMOT helped with getting rid of Nancy image

I'm not sure about the Swan Lake thing. I thought it was good but not an American Smooth.

Kristina is a goddess and choreography genius and I thought it was the dance of the night (but then I am biased because the quickstep is my fave).

Also not sure about the whole grabbing the crotch business (and before the watershed!) but great to see the expression on Craig's face!

And Alesha SO fancies Harry!

• Options

Well hooray that Nancy has gone image

Will try to catch up Saturday's show on the iplayer in the next day or so as have only seen the snapshots of most of the dances...

Deffo Lulu next but I fear she may be charmed.................

• Options

Yippee! Maybe it helped that I muttered under my breath all the time through the results show about getting rid of the Italian woman.

Agree about the Swan Lake stuff, I didn't see it as an AS either, although very pretty.

Alex MUCH better, Audley just too big and clumsy, Russell funny as hell again - Lulu just ghastly instead of ghostly!

• Options

So glad Nancy has finally left, Lulu next please.

Harry and Jason were my favourites this week. The choreography on both routines was amazing, especially Aliona's vampire tango. I have seen a Bewitched quickstep before but I really liked Kristina and Jason's take on it (I think Anna Trebunskaya choreographed it on Dancing With the Stars a couple of years ago - she's amazing, worth looking for the link on YouTube - also her Futuristic ChaChaCha routine was brilliant)

Poor Audley, I like him (and love Natalie) but he looked clumsy this week. I think he'll be going next image 

I didn't get all the hype over Holly's American Smooth, I think Craig made a comment I agreed with about it being a daring choice of costume as the leotard and tights put more attention on leg placement. I thought Holly looked really awkward at times during the routine, legs splayed at odd angles etc, and it was made more obvious because you could see the "mechanics" behind all the lifts.

Felt really sorry for Chelsee, but she did a great job with the tango. Hope wardrobe learnt a lesson from that!

• Options

Don't know about Italian Stallion but the Italian mare has gone - sorry just don't like her.

So now it gets interesting.

I think Audley (Jive was always going to be a abad dance for him), Lulu (Actually her best dance so far I thought) and Russell (entertaining) and Robbie (plenty of action but not great this week) are the four  weakest now but none of them are awful..

Then probably Alex and Anita.

Actually I thought Alex was really good this week, the Rumba is a nightmare dance and she survived it (needs to not take things personally, definitely though Craig meant the dance was sexless rather than a personal comment the week before.

I think Anita is pretty good but she has some posture issues and that will do for her eventually unless she can solve them.

The top group

Jason, Holly, Harry and Chelsee

Jason's was very good.

I agreed totally with Len on Harry. Some great Tango moves but not many of them. That is down to Aliona choreography though. She does some good work but also some dubious routines. I hope she doesn't let him done because he is good and is coming out of his shell more as the series goes on.

Chelsee (sorry still don't like her really and she showed her age this week, not much more than a kid really) got upset over nothing because nothing actually showed. She can dance though.

Holly - well interesting difference of views on here and personally I didn;t like it. I guess it was different and perhaps just not to my taste. To be honest I don't like ballet so perhaps that was it. I genuinely didn't think it was her strongest dance though but the judges obviously felt otherwise. Nonetheless she is strong.

So I think it will come down to performance on the week now although I think the four I mentioned at the top are the ones who should go next BUT this is now real danger territory for somebody who gets a dance that really doesn't suit them. Alex may have been upset lats week but she has got the Rumba out of the way early. Audley had got past the jive and if he has a ballroom next Saturday may well stay. Lulu generally feels the weakest but if she gets a dance that suits here then she might survive.

Interesting now though.

One last thought. I often find the themed Halloween competition every year can be a bit false. Actually wasn't too bad this year but be good to get back to normal, unless they go for a themed Guy Fawkes evening .......

• Options
    I can think of a few places I'd like to see a firework shoved image

(Lulu)

;-)
  • Options
  • Options
    Thanks, Soupy. Just entered image
  • Options
    me too tahnks Soupy image
  • Options
    TopSecTopSec ✭✭✭
    Enjoyed Sat night and I pretty much agree with all of Len's comments (our Len, not the judge!) with the exception of Russell. Getting a bit too samey for me and I think the BBC are in danger of pushing him too much.

Can't remember who we decided was our thread fave, but I am really warming to Chelsee, apart from feeling really sorry for her for her wardrobe malfunction, I thought their dance was brilliant. My two finalists would be Jason and Chelsee.

What's with all the naff VT's too? I would much rather see training!

Loved the professionals American Smooth. Anton & Erin and Brendan & Natalie really are the business image
  • Options
    Cheers Soup Dragon just applied hopefully I will be successful ..image
  • Options
    Len 2 wrote (see)
    I can think of a few places I'd like to see a firework shoved image (Lulu) image
    Nice one need a light....image
  • Options
    NessieNessie ✭✭✭

Yay, thank goodness for that!

Fear for Audley now - ok he's not the best dancer, but he's just so nice and so enthusiastic.

Really going off Anita - just a bit too sugary sweet.

Russel's now lost a lot of weight, so I think Flavia needs to get him really dancing.  Anyone know what his dance is for next week?

Didn't like Robbie's dance much this week - but I'm sure he'll be back.

Starting to get the Artem thing now...................

• Options

I still absolutely love that Swan Lake routine but I agree that it probably wasn't an AS. I'm surprised that Len (the judge!) liked it so much especially as he hated Artem's AS from last year. I know that Jason's dance was the best but I still find it hard to warm to him, especially as he has a rather droney voice.

Nessie, there is a queue for Artem's admirers so you'll have to join at the back image

I'd like to see Lulu go next but as I'm sick of James I don't mind if Alex goes before her. Russell needs to do something different, Anita needs to stop being quite so nervy and Robbie needs to do a dance with fewer gimmicks (I'm talking about your dodgy choreography OLA!) and more actual dancing. Hopefully Chelsee can recover from her wardrobe problems and do another great routine with Pasha as they make a lovely dancing couple.

Good luck to those of you hoping for Xmas tickets image

• Options
    TopSecTopSec ✭✭✭
    I would apply for Christmas tickets but we won't be here. Maybe I'll apply and IF I got some give them to a deserving thread chum image

I'll go to the back of the queue for Artem, does nowt for me image

Just watched an old routine on you tube with Anton, Flavia, Vincent & Erin, I remember it from years ago and it was brilliant. Can't do proper links from a Mac so can someone do it for me. It's definitely worth a look image

Hopefully this week we will be beach to proper dances, in hold if required, without all the props and gaffing.

I also wish they would go back to them all doing one or the other type of dance, it's then much easier for us armchair judges to compare like for like

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JSnBrhFvN5c
  • Options

TopSec's link

TopSec wrote (see)
     Hopefully this week we will be beach to proper dances, in hold if required, without all the props and gaffing. I also wish they would go back to them all doing one or the other type of dance, it's then much easier for us armchair judges to compare like for like

+1

• Options
    TopSecTopSec ✭✭✭
    beach = back image

Thanks LN image
  • Options
    No problem, lovely dance btw! image
  • Options
    James Jordan. Arrogant arse, or funny and misunderstood? Discuss..... image
  • Options
  • Options
    TopSecTopSec ✭✭✭
    Funny I think, I assume (or hope!) that his comments are tongue in cheek. Just watched ITT on iplayer so I think I know what you're talking about!

Finding Natalie a lot nicer than previous series but Audley is beginning to get on my nerves though with all his talk of giving Craig a left hook etc

• Options
    Ohh I'm really not sure I *get* Audley - I didn't like his words of wisdom, poems and/or rapping (or whatever it's all meant to be) either. Was it me or did Natalie sound really unwell?! She could barely talk!
  • Options
    I wondered about Natalie too Len - don't usually catch ITT at the time but did last night and she sounded pretty rough I thought.....
  • Options
    TopSecTopSec ✭✭✭
    Sounded like she had a cold to me
  • Options

James Jordan = arrogant arse.

But I kind of forgive him as I think he's compensating for last year when he was under Pamela's thumb image

• Options

I'm soooo glad that Nancy has gone image. There is talk of her wanting the BBC to give a public apology for Alisha's remarks image

I can't warm to either Lulu or Anita. The judges don't seem to have noticed that Lula can't actually dance. I don't know why I don't like Anita - to give her credit, I haven't heard her banging on about her age (perhaps she doesn't need to, she actually looks like an old woman!).

James seems to have taken over from Brendan as the new bad boy - and I have never been fond of bad boys ...

Robbie's pelvic thrusts did nothing for me, and I found his reluctance to accept the judges criticism very off-putting. Mr S says that attitude was typical of him when he was playing football too. It's a shame, as I had found him quite endearing up til then.

I quite enjoyed the Swan Lake routine, but I wasn't blown away by it. I would have liked to see more ballroom and less ballet.

I agree that Audley's constant going on about Craig is tedious - he needs to admit that he still has a lot to learn.

Like many, I would love to see Russell actually being allowed to dance, I think he could be pretty good.

Alex just seems to be another vapid girl - she needs to show a bit more personality.

Mixed feelings about Chelsee and I thought the first half of her tango was great but she can't rely on being a 'little girl' all the time.

For me, Harry and Jason stand out above the rest, I'd like to see them in the final.

Have I forgotten anyone?

• Options
    TopSecTopSec ✭✭✭
    Don't think so Slugs image

Youtube is my enemy, it stops me from getting on with what I am supposed to be doing image

So far this evening I have watched Darren & Jills Jive and Showdance, loved them then, love them now. She really was one of the best. Mark & Karen's Argentine Tango and Showdance, same again; a brilliant pairing. Watched Darren & Lilia's Showdance, I loved him on the show but looking back he was a crap dancer! Then again I was a big Chris & Ola supporter as I enjoyed their 'journey' too.

Another on I just watched and it made me miss Ian, his and Darcey Bussell's jive, God she can do positions I can only dream of! Loved it image

I won't put links up as I am sure you have much busier lives than me image Give them a look if you get chance, I'm sure you'll enjoy them image

"Bloody Lulu" not doing too well in training, Brendan is worried! Maybe the Gods may smile on us this weekend! ... And what the hell is it with flaming baseball caps when she is training??? Obviously too worried about bad hair days??