which club in SW London

Hi Guys
if you are in SW London and surrounds, do you have opinions/reviews about the local running clubs? I would like to join either Stragglers or Ranelagh Harriers, not sure why there is a 4-fold difference in membership fee (£10 and £40 respectively..)
thanks

Comments

• Have you spoken to anyone from either club? They're usually good about letting you come to training sessions and see for yourself before you sign up. Have no idea about either club. I'm a Wimbledon Windmiler. Very friendly club, but doesn't do a lot of track stuff (only training on the track).
  • WombleWomble ✭✭✭

Inviting shouts from members of both clubs, I would say that Ranelagh is a more 'serious' running club, they're Ranelagh Harriers after all, whereas Strugglers are a bit more all embracing. I belong to one of the other local clubs myself image You can always join both, it would still be less than £1 a week. Ranelagh have their own club house to support which Strags don't.

• Thanks for your advice. I think I'll try a session in both clubs and see.. It seems that RH have perhaps more structured sessions, but then it might be due to differences in detail entered on the website.