The Long Green Tape Measure......

Comments

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭

wow angel that sounds like a lovely way to spend your birthday!

well done dd!

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • It was fab thanks guys.

With the grottier weather starting up (even if we have done well up to now), and my general need to get back to it on the exercise and diet front, what are everyones top things to keep them going through the winter.  Here are mine:

• Soup for lunch - low fat, warming, healthy and filling, plus less prep time than sandwiches or salad, so a few extra minutes in bed in the morning
    • Exercising at lunchtime so that it doesn't matter when I want to just go and cosy up at home in the dark evenings
    • Getting down to the coast on a cold, crisp, sunny day for a long, windswept walk along the seafront bundled up in coat, hat, gloves and scarves

I actually like this time of year image And the other times.

• Thanks you lot

Trying to be sensible this time. No crash diet

• Angel - I think exercising at lunchtime is a great idea as at least you then get some daylight! image

Who has some good soup recipes then?
  • Take a tin opener, apply it to a Heinz cream of tomato soup tin. heat contents and eat with copious amounts of soft white bread image
  • Ugh image

Hate tomato soup (sorry RLTW). More for you! image
  • Wabo: Well done, forgot to mention it earlier.

Angel: A belated Happy Birthday

• Morning everyone

Well done Wabo, Birkmyre and DD on the weight losses. image

I love tomato soup with a little bit of basil in it.

I've given myself a good look in the mirror, threw up, given myself a good telling off and now feel like I'm on track to get back to where I want to be.

Let the motivation begin. image
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭

you made me laugh lfc, sure you didnt throw up!

• Wabo - you should have see what was looking back at me in the mirror. image
  • roasted butternut soup

1 whole big butternut squash (not peeled) deseeded cut into 3in chunks

2 big red onions quartered

3 chillis topped and tailed

1 bulb garlic, trim top of

4 carrotts, cuts into big rounds

bung all above onto roasting tray, smother with evoo, cumin seeds caraway seeds and fennel seeds. bake at 180c for 40 mins or until everything is just starting to caramalize. put 3 organic vege kallo cubes in 1 & 1/2 pint boiling water so it disolves. put everything in a giant pan and leave to cool. when cool, blitz with a hand blender. the veges break down into a smoother pulp when they are cooler! warm through again and serve! 

• just emailed the local triathlon club for membership advice, will let you know how it goes.

any gossip from anyone?xxx

• Not unless you count being asked repeatedly for your opinion on My Transsexual Summer that started last night.....

How are you oii? That sounds like a good recipe image

There's a place in Mancs called Teacup, and their soup of the day yesterday was Butternut Squash and coriander. Smelt gorgeous image

How are you?
  • What's evoo oii?  We made a similar roasted pumkin soup last year which was very nice, had a lot of garlic in tho.

I like a soup out of one of the Gordon Ramsey cookbooks that my boyf makes a lot.  It's a pea and mint soup, which you then top with small fried off pieces of parma ham, which goes really crispy and salty and tastes really good with the soup.

• Morning all - hope everyone is ok.

I am with you on the soup front RLTW and LFC.  Heinz cream of tomato soup is my ultimate comfort food - possibly because my mum used to give us this as kids when we were ill. 

• angel - evoo = extra virgin olive oil image

vixx - as with most vege soups they are better off roasted first. i like to bung a load of chilli, salad tomataoes and garlic on a roasting tray and bake them and then whizz up with vege stock and basil. i am fine thank you!

am going for a bike ride with the local triathlon club on saturday to see if i like them and if they like me!

brekkie eggs & spinach cooked in coconut oil.  lunch  -rocket/small tin tuna/tablespoon evoo. 3pm protein shake/french beans/brazil nuts.  dinner salmon/broccoli/pesto sauce/sesame seeds.

• Lots to catch up on again.

Think I'm over choccy bars and biscuits, at last.

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭

afternoon all

dd, spooky, heinz tomato was what our mum gave us all as well! Followed by Ambrosia cream rice pudding although she did make her own rice pud most of the time.

Birkmyre nice one on the choccy front

vixx is it driving you nuts being asked about the prog all the time?  I did wonder if you would getthat.

gossip, mmmm no sorry!

• Wabo - it's not driving me nuts, but it was hard for me to watch it as things are not going so well with my appointments and stuff so far, and it feels like I haven't moved forward in the last 11 months at all image It'll be interesting to see what happens over the next episodes, and hopefully it will be a positive light shining (although today's press adverts are not good at all).

The other things is that I think they have a really good blend of transwomen in terms of ages and where they are in their transition, but the transguys all seem to be the same age, and very camp (I hope I don't turn out like that) and I know that I would not want to be on a show like that and so am answering my own question in terms of "where are the older guys who just want to blend into the background when transition is done?"

I personally am interested in what people who aren't trans thought of the show....
  • Well done birkmyre on being over the sweet stuff image

You sound healthy oii!

Hello DD and Angel and lfc if he is lurking image

How is everyone today?
  • Christmas staff party on a theme beginning with "P"  - can be as much or as little as folks want. Anything from wearing a pink hat to being a Pole dancer.  Ideas?
  • (Christmas) Pudding
    Presents
    Prancer (the Reindeer)

Hmmmm.....
  • Policeman/woman or the Polisimage as we call them up here. Pink Panther

Pilot, Panda Bear ?

• Morning all.

Pirate, prince, princess?

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭

I would have to be a pirate oo ar!

Vixx I havent watched it I wasnt home but will try get it on catch up. Hope your appts can be a bit better for you, it must be hard at times.  x

I am definitely doing my first park run in the morning and cant wait!

WHat is everyone else up to this weekend?

• Wabo - enjoy the park run, I will have to drag myself out to the local one again I think.

Vixx - in regards to the programme I think you answered your own question, the older guys who want to just blend into the background would stay away from something like this. I thought it was an interesting programme but it didn't really change my outlook on anything as in my view, everyone's different (thank god) and as such has there own way of being themselves and you have to strive for that no matter who you are.

RLTW - Penelope Pitstop?

I will probably be taking the family to Cheshire Oaks tonight for the Christmas lights turn on.
  • Enjoy Cheshire Oaks LFC and Alexandra Burkeimage.

Enjoy your parkrun Wabo.

Playing hockey has put a stop on my visits to parkrun for the season might be able to fit one in over Christmas though as we have a few Saturdays without a game.

Have a good weekend everyone - second round of the over 35s veterans ladies all England Cup for me this weekend against Carlise, at home thankfully.

• poirot
    polo player
    parrot
    pumpkin
    pilot
    pony
    p diddy
    pea
    peanut butter
    postbox
    pants

• I like the idea of RLTW going as Penelope Pitstop! I think you could carry that off! image

Hi oii -waves-

lfc - I know what you mean. I helped C4 with off screen research earlier this year but would never do anything on-screen.

Good luck for the hockey DD!

and - morning birkmyre! (for when you get this in the morning image )