Options

Ganglion Cyst

Hi, Has anyone experienced a ganglion cyst between a metatarsal joint?? I've got one between the joints of my 2nd met. and have had it drained twice but after about a month it recurs. Not really sure what the long term cure rate is?  Would be really grateful to hear from anyone who knows more about it than I do. Thanks 

Comments

• Options
    I don't know anything, but a few years ago I went through a 12-18 month period of getting them on my hands. Long term it stopped as soon as it had started, but short term I went with the old wives' tale of bashing them with a heavy book as they developed and that seemed to work. 
  • Options
    I've had them on my hands in the past and Wobbled's book thing works

I think the phrase however is "bash it with a Bible" as in t'olden days when very few people could read, or had books, the Bible was often the only decent heavy book around. don't bash it yourself as you won't hit it hard enough. image
  • Options
    GertieGertie ✭✭✭
    fat buddha wrote (see)
    I've had them on my hands in the past and Wobbled's book thing works I think the phrase however is "bash it with a Bible" as in t'olden days when very few people could read, or had books, the Bible was often the only decent heavy book around. don't bash it yourself as you won't hit it hard enough. image
    I had one on my hand once and went to my GP about it.

The GP asked if I was religous and if I had a big bible could use to bash it with. He also told me not to be protective to the hand and to try and hit it/bash it as much as  possible.

• Options

I was told the same, bash it with a bible!! lol

• Options
    Thanks for the tips!  I would have thought the pounding action of road running is similar to bashing with a bible? but maybe I should up my mileage and run through pain??
  • Options
    Jbas - your symptoms sound more like Morton's neuroma. google it and check it out