Sunday 13th November

GobiGobi ✭✭✭
What: 10 - 12 miles with a few hard hills
?? PM
Why: is this a trick question
Last hard: yesterday
Last rest: Monday 1st October
Last non run day: Wednesday 9th November

Today of all days remember the fallen. Please.

Comments

• Morning!

What: 20 mins slow
    Why: following orders and you can tell me off if I post that I have done something different for the next week (or probably more)
    Last hard: ?
    Last rest: 09

Lyrics: yes

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Morning all.

Yesterday's lyrics were Red Red Rain by White Stripes.

As for today:

What:  Rest
    Why:  About time
    Last hard:  1 day
    Last rest:  7 days
    Lyrics:  No, as usual Gobi & I inhabit different musical worlds...

43.5 miles for the week, aiming for 45+ next week.  Track tomorrow morning.

• GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    LOL 40, of all days I though today you would know my lyrics.
  • 40: very much NOT typical Gobi lyrics, although particularly appropriate for today. Tomorrow you just wait and see!

Full of running today! But resisted the temptation and followed the 20mins advice. I feel more stretching coming on!

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Gobi - I got your lyrics, & i'm a Paddy, shame on you 40.

Anyway first race today d&d. Its been a long road and indeed i'm not at the end of it yet, but to have a race under the belt is bleedin great!!

5 miles, part on road and part off. The race was hardly over a ratified course. When asked where the start was the instruction was "over there by the big tree". That said, other than the first mile or so it was tough enough. I came through unscathed in 6th place, first vet and oddly first in my weight category. Instead of Vet categories there was weight categories for the men (they didn't ask the women to weigh themselves) so the women categories were more traditional. Relative to one or two that i know i finished about where i expected. After such a long time in the garage, i should be happy enough overall. Next is a half Marathon on 10th December.

Some nice park running going on yesterday.
  • Be happy Paddy!

Anyone seen NZC around?

What:                   an hours easy run
    Why:                     I want to and I'm fortunate enough to be able to
    Last hard:           5/11
    Last rest:             12/11

Lyrics - of course.

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • RFJRFJ ✭✭✭

Greetings all,

feel alive a bit more now...... now planning a load of rest....

but did do 25 mins on the x trainer very easy just to ease the muscles a little, seemed to work nicely.

Lyrics - Yes

Take care, back on travels tomorrow and even leaving all running kit behind....

• Had to admit I consulted google for the lyrics.  Not standard Gobi fare I agree, although well chosen of course.
    I'd only have got them from the opening line!

• Evening,

Have been popping in for updates over the week but there's just been no time to post... have now picked up another cold, so catching up with everything has been rather slow.

LMH - sorry to hear about your swim being cancelled, but well done nonetheless - excellent result. Sounds like you're recovering nicely too.

RFJ - well done on the marathon, especially so soon after Abingdon. Personal worsts are much tougher to finish than PBs - you're not only running for longer, but mentally it's harder to stay focused when you don't have a PB to chase. Rest well.

Good racing from Paddy, Gobi and Emzap earlier in the week too.

Hope everyone else has been well and enjoying various bonfirey celebrations.

What: sitting on the sofa watching Poirot and sulking
    Why: I'm ill
    Last hard: yesterday
    Last rest: Friday
    Lyrics: no

The week has been eventful. On Friday we went to wedding #4 of 2011, which was lovely - then on Saturday I ran the first race of the Midland Women's XC league, which was horrible. Almost dropped out at several points as it seemed to go on forever, and really wasn't in the right frame of mind... finished in exactly the same position as last year, but on the plus side managed to avoid an ankle sprain this time! Next one has to be better...
  • Get well soon MadameO.

Sounds very sensible RFJ.

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.