Time to resurrect a Strictly thread!

Comments

• To my mind, Alex should have gone out of the 'Swingathon' earlier, it looked as if she was hardly on the floor!
  • BB ✭✭✭
    The right 1 and 2 in the swingathon ... I thought Holly looked very leaden though
  • I agree on both counts B.
  • Ahhhhhh, really enjoyed tonight's show. Harry and Aliona's quickstep was fantastic, and I loved the swing routine at the end.

Anita - jerky and seemed hesitant. Very stiff through arms & legs, not enough bounce for cha cha. Overmarked across the board, I would have given it 6/10. I think she is in danger again this week, and will probably go next week.

Holly - horrible music. A lot of foxtrot content and the dance was very cool and slick (which seems to be a trademark of Holly and Artem's partnership) but I agree with Len's comments that the music was distracting and discordant. I disliked the random running steps at the end, just to strike a static pose? I thought they were overmarked by Alesha and Bruno and that it was an 8/10 performance. She seemed to totally run out of energy in the swingathon, and at points just looked as though she couldn't be bothered at all. 

Alex - I think the goofy Charleston style suited Alex and she had reasonably good technique, but it didn't have the carefree fun feel (Chris & Ola), or some of the wow factor (Matt & Aliona) of other charlestons. I'm not overwhelmed by James' skill as a choreographer. I thought the 7/10 scores were fair. 

Robbie - some good samba content but MY GOD it was so cheesy and sleazy in places. I was cringing at some parts, especially the strip at the end and thought the song choice was odd for the bouncy carnival dance. Overmarked by Alesha and Len, a 6/10 was fair. 

Chelsee - usually one of the better dancers but I don't think the tango suits her. Her arms looked clumsy and she had slightly stompy footwork. She also had a totally blank face - she looked more like a robot than a dancer! However Pasha's choreography is FANTASTIC, I would love to see him dance a tango with a better partner. I think it was an 8/10 dance, I hope the 9's from Len, Alesha and Bruno were at least acknowledging Pasha's choreography. Chelsee was fantastic in the swing routine though, I'm looking forward to seeing what she does next. (Also loved her comment "of course I can do it with more passion but not on telly")

Jason - very good and had the charm that Alex's charleston was lacking, but I do still feel that he's run out of energy and that as a consequence the dance wasn't quite as exuberant as it should have been. Judges were spot on with marks for this one I felt. (Swing also seemed to suffer from the lack of energy)

Harry - loved it, loved it, loved it! High energy, fast, fun and graceful. I thought that this was the only dance that ticked all the boxes tonight. I'm biased because I love Aliona and Harry, but I think it will be a travesty if they are not in the final! I couldn't believe the athletic performance they put in with the swing just minutes later. 

• Afternoon everyone.  I've just caught up on iplayer and agree with what everyone else has said so far. Time for Robbie to go now please.  The strip thing was just awful and he obviously likes himself so much that I cringed.

I loved Harry's quickstep.  image

Now to decide whether to cheat with the spoiler or not..........hmmmm........I think not. image

• well I loved Robbies strip ! image

ahem, moving swiftly on..

Thought Holly and Artem's dance was, well, I'm not sure if it was good or not, as I totally switched off from it due to the awful music. Also quite scary as I found myself agreeing with Len image

Anita - too stiff and awkward. I think Brendan might be in danger of being the only pro to leave twice in one series

Alex - OK, but still no-one gets near to Chris'n'Ola

Jason - great Charleston, but see comment above image

Chelseeeee - very god footwork, but again the shape was wrong, and the dress was bl**dy awful and made her enormous bangers look even bigger image

Harry - once my eyes had got used to the horrible shirt/tie combo the dance was fantastic. The only "Wow" dance f the whole series so far for me, worth dusting off the old '10' for image

Before I saw the spoiler my bottom two prediction was Anita/Robbie vs Holly

• How much longer are they going to carry on with the farse of recording the results show on a Saturday, but putting it out as though it's live on the Sunday?

Just seen Robbie Savage in bits on BBC news, over the death of Gary Speed, and yet the results show will go out tonight as if nothing as happened.........which of course it hadn't when they recorded it! image

• Not surprised at the result.  Would rather it have been Robbie but Anita would be next on my list.  Shame for Robin and Brendan.

Loved Cee Lo Green. image

• BB ✭✭✭
    It is crazy pretending that the show is on a Sunday...I cheated cos I have been flicking between the tennis final and strictly...

I feel happy about the result ...
  • Me too B - although I did feel sorry for Brendan being the first person to be voted off twice in the same series image
  • And on Saturday we saw Anton and Erin all dressed up for "today's" dance. 
  • BB ✭✭✭
    I felt sorry for Brendan too, but it wasn't his fault, it was Anita's time to go, Robbie next ...
  • It was really naughty of them not to say anything about the timing of the recording. Amazingly, a lot of people seem to still think the results show is live.
  • Well finally a great dance and that was Harry's quick-step.

Actually thought it deserved the full 40. Really fast BUT still danced (unlike Holly who ran hers). He led Aliona as well and you watched it and knew it was good. He was also amazingly best in the team dance given he just finished the quick-step

Holly had a good main dance and was in the middle of the leaderboard again and indeed that got her into the bottom two again. Didn't deserve that on her main dance although should have been second out , after Robbie, on the group dance. She was hardly doing anything.

Chelsee, good Argie Tango but I didn;t think the leg flips were that good.

Jason - I thought he had a really good Charleston apart from the timing mistake and also thought his group dance performance was good.

Alex - quite liked her Charleston and thought it was slightly undermarked although took the point on the sharpness of some of the moves

Anita - I thought was much better this week and not a bad dance. Middle of the leaderboard though and that got her in the bottom two.

Robbie - Wasn't great to be honest and was clearly the worst in the group dance. Not sure why Ola got upset on that it was pretty obvious.

Robbie should have gone this week though. You could see he knew it. I agree it was bad not making the point that it was filmed before the Gary Speed news. Not sure how much Robbie's mind will be on the dancing this week and it would have been better for him to have gone to be honest.

The judges leaderboard was about right as usual although there group dance judging was a bit wayward.

• TopSecTopSec ✭✭✭
    Sad to see Anita go and will look forward to seeing her tomorrow on ITT, with Robin image I think it was time though, it really had to be her or Robbie.

Surprised Holly was in the bottom two again, must not have much of a fan base.

Excellent QS by Harry but can't really warm to them image

Why can't we have pro dances every Sunday night like the two that were on tonight????
  • Some random thoughts on Saturday:

Hated Robbie's dance - so tacky to strip at the end image He should be out next.

Felt v. sad for Anita. Although it was probably time for her to go it seemed a bit cruel to vote her out while Robin wasn't there image

Harry's dance was brilliant but I'm still a bit meh about him and Aliona.

James needs to stop sulking like a little girl when he doesn't like the scores he gets.

Sorry to see Holly in the bottom two again. It was a good dance (I quite liked the song image) but she's obviously not getting the votes. Dead couple dancing image

The pro dances were fantastic on Sunday image

I'd like someone to do a really stupid take on the movie theme, like the head turning scene in the exorcist... imageimage

• Very sorry to see Anita go this week, I thought it should have been Robbie's turn to leave (and so did he by the look of it).

I thought Harry's QS and Jason's Charleston were the dances of the night.

Chelseeee's AT was technically very good but I didn't see any fire or passion in it. For an actress, her perfromances are letting her down. And I still can't warm to her at all.

• Oh - I agree with everything Little Nemo said image

And - I loved Chelsee's dance, thought it was great and she was undermarked. 

And I LOVE Cee Lo!!

• TopSecTopSec ✭✭✭
    From not liking Chelsee at the beginning, she has now turned into my favourite image

I would now like the 'leaving' order to be

Robbie
    Alex
    Holly
    Harry
    Jason (very close to 1st though if not for him , for Kristina)
    Chelsee
  • Still don't think we've seen anyone to touch Jill's jive or Mark's tango. Strictly seems a teeny bit, well, flat to me this year. And I'm really really fed up with those stupid so-called "here they are in training" bits.

• NessieNessie ✭✭✭

Happy enough that Anita has gone, and as nice as Robin is, I think she'd have been better if she'd had Brendan from the start.

Holly is better than the bottom two - maybe just behind the top 3 of Harry, Jason and Chelseeee (in no particular order - can't get really excited about any of them, despite them all being technically good).

Robbie probably next to go, on dance merit (what on earth was Ola thinking about, putting the footie shorts bit in - the dance wasn't too bad until then), but he may get some sympathy votes next week.  Poor lad was in pieces on the news.

Although Alex isn't technically good, she's more interesting than the "better" dancers, so I hope she gets a couple more weeks at least.

We now record the lot, and skip through all the "training" bits - just too tedious for words.

Hopefully someone will take a jump forward this week and get things going - I agree with IW that it's all a bit flat this year.

• I think it's a bit flat too. Perhaps we need Aliona to spice it up with a bit more bonkers choreography?

None of them are outstanding really and only Alex and Robbie seem to be having real fun with it now. I'm still rooting for Jason, though only because of the fab-u-lous Kristina.

• I, too,  agree  about it being very flat this year. There have been no really outstanding dancers, although Harry and Chelsee have come on nicely over the past few weeks - so much for the hype at the beginning of the series when everyone was saying 'it was the best ever Strictly'. On the contrary, in some ways it's been the worst: too many props, not enough proper dancing, too many themed evenings, stupid training videos........ So sad to see a fantastic programme go down the pan!
  • Sqwark wrote (see)
    I, too,  agree  about it being very flat this year. There have been no really outstanding dancers, although Harry and Chelsee have come on nicely over the past few weeks - so much for the hype at the beginning of the series when everyone was saying 'it was the best ever Strictly'. On the contrary, in some ways it's been the worst: too many props, not enough proper dancing, too many themed evenings, stupid training videos........ So sad to see a fantastic programme go down the pan!
    +1
  • +1

they really are in danger of ruining it IMO

• Not sure if it is that flat although I know what you mean.

However I still think that Harry is just quiet, unusual for a drummer, but he can dance well. If he was running around shouting and screaming and saying how great he was then some of you might take that for personality and personally i wouldn't. That Quick Step was frankly superb and up there with previous season dances although it is the first one to really hit the heights.

I did see somebody say it doesn;t compare to Halfpenny's Jive. I totally agree but not sure any dance will EVER better that. It was just superb and better than a lot of the pros (the ballroom ones anyway)

I DO agree that stupid videos, overuse of props (the hats on Alex and James's Charleston were the first that were appropriate to the dance), too many themed evenings are an issue.

I think Harry, Chelsee and Jason are looking likeliest top three. Holly is close and Alex can be on some dances and might just go there way. Robbie really should go.

Whilst I have sympathy for how he will be feeling this week, I hope he doesn't get a sympathy vote. It should be on the dancing but I hope Craig is mindful of how Robbie might be feeling when doing his critique this week. Be fair but don't twist the knife.

I do think he should have gone this week and was surprised Anita didn't get some sympathy vote for having to change partner.

Down to six now. Are they having to do two dances each this week.? Actual dances I mean, I didn't really count the Swingathon last week.

• They're just doing one dance this week, BTB. I'm still holding out for an Exorcist inspired film dance from one of them image

They'll have to go to 2 dances next week otherwise it'll be a v. short programme!

• To add my £0.02 worth... I thought Anita was much better, having spent a week being worked on by Brendan. He seemed to have worked on her posture so she looked like a dancer rather than a scarecrow. It was a shame to see her go but the competition is getting tough.

Craig was an arse by undermarking Alex and I'd like to have seen him justify himself to Claudia. I wonder if he's taking his dislike of James out on Alex.
  • TopSecTopSec ✭✭✭
    +3 or 4 for Sqwark too!!

Although I still love it and enjoy watching it, none of it is wowing me really, the only dances I have rewatched are Jason & Kristina's QS & and the one where they did the Priscilla bit. Also watched Chelsee's QS too.

Unlike some of the previous years when I could watch some of those routines time after time - sound like Cyndi Lauper there image