Devon Races

Anyone know of some good Devon events early next year?

Comments

• There's the Axmouth Challenge Run on 12th January - approx 10 miles, multi terrain. I can't comment on whether or not it's any good as I haven't done it before. But for sure there's someone out there who has and who will tell us..........
  • Lin

Thanks, sounds good, do you know who's organising it?

Had a look at the Axe Valley site, but it's not them - although it is their patch.
  • Hi Dave,These maybe of interest,Jan19th Braunton 10 hard @ hilly,Feb 9th Fulford 5 exmouth flat @ fast,Feb 23rd Plymouth 10 undulating,Mar 3rd Bideford 1/2 1st half undulating,2nd half flat on Tarka trail.
  • Dave
    Re: Axmouth Challenge. I picked up an entry form at Colyton. It doesn't say who the organiser is, but the address is: The Forge, Chapel St, Axmouth, Seaton. I assume it's fairly low key because the entry is only £4. Are you also working towards the Grizzly? Bideford 1/2 sounds good (I've walked and cycled the Tarka trail, running it sounds appealing).
    Results for Colyton are on the Axe Valley Runners site now. Did you achieve the time you were hoping for?
  • Thanks for all these leads - Braunton & Plymouth sound good from my angle.

Lin - Yes, I'm working on the Grizzly, so Bideford 1/2 seems a bit close to me? Beat the target for Colyton, so I'm happy with my first 10K - not that it will help much for the Grizzly!
  • I think Bideford Half clashes with Butleigh, which is part of the Somerset Series and one of my favourite off road runs (around 6 -7 miles). Although it's nothing like the distance of the Grizzly it is quite tough and hilly, so that's where I'll be. Did like the idea of the Tarka Trail section though......
  • Dave- the Plymouth Hoe 10 is a good race, Hard and hilly- but good course.
  • Dave - Have you thought about doing the Teignbridge Ten at the end of March. It doubles as the Devon 10 mile county championship and is as flat as just about any race in Devon.