Options

Time to resurrect a Strictly thread!

Comments

• Options

Very true, yeo!

Also glad Holly and Artem are through, I was worried it was going to be Jason and Holly ...

• Options

The fair result, pleased to see the public haven't gone completely bonkers.

Bless Robbie, very gentlemanly saying that he hoped Jason was going through instead of him.

• Options
    BB ✭✭✭
    Yep, right result. What a decent chap he is image

Jason gets on my nerves with his over sincere monologues ... yawn
  • Options
    Poor Robbie image and what a sweet thing to say........but the right one went.
  • Options

Phew, thank God Holly and Artem made it through. I was convinced they were going when they weren't called out first.

Surprised to see Jason in the bottom 2, poor Kristina image

2 dances next week, it's going to be tough!

Do you think Pasha spent the whole of Saturday night and today in his make-up? image

• Options
    PS: agree that Robbie was lovely to say that Jason deserved to go through, what a sweetheart image
  • Options
    BB ✭✭✭
    I didn't realise two were going next week, I thought there were usually three in the final? So who is going to make it through? very tough call ...
  • Options
    My personal thought is - next week Alex and Jason will go, final to be between Chelsee and Harry.
  • Options
    B wrote (see)
    I didn't realise two were going next week, I thought there were usually three in the final? So who is going to make it through? very tough call ...
    I didn't know that either.
  • Options
    Er yeah  - three in the final like it used to be.

2 couples out next week  - leaving three for the final on the 17th. WAH!
  • Options

Hang on, aren't there 4 left in it now?

So a double elimination would leave 2?

<takes socks off and starts counting on toes>

• Options
    BB ✭✭✭
    *recounts* Holly, Jason, Alex, Chelsee ... four?
  • Options
    Where did you hear there are 2 going next week?
  • Options
    don't forget Harry  - though he is blandly forgetable image
  • Options

They announced two are going next week on the results prog.

WAH!

• Options
    BB ✭✭✭
    Oops I can't count ... I missed out Harry! So five left and two to go leaving three doh! image
  • Options

<counts on toes again>

...five!

Oh yes!

• Options
    TopSecTopSec ✭✭✭
    I wish i was back home so I could throw a few votes Jasons way next week!! image Poor Kristina image The right one went but I am sorry to see him go.

Final two are going to be Harry & Chelsee (too close to call a winner I think) but couldn't hazard a guess which two will go next week, I would assume James & Alex will be bottom with judges but did Holly get the bottom two dead cat bounce and people think Jason was safe - it may have come at the right time for him as people may make a bigger effort to vote for him next week?

Seeing Chelsee's Jive in slo mo showed how good it was, there will never be another Jill Jive but that ran it pretty close I thought
  • Options

Phew!  Just watched the results show and got a bit worried there for a moment.  I agree about Jason droning on though. Should be a good semi-final next week.

I can't believe we are so close the series finishing, its gone so quickly! image

• Options

Aaaw poor Robbie. He was the right one to go, but I do like him, and he's had a tough week, what with Gary Speed being his close mate. Jason is very annoying. And Harry......he's such a nice boy, but god he's bland. I just can't bring myself to be enthusiastic about anything he does!

Holly and Chelseee for me! Go girls!!

• Options

I loved this week's SCD. I groaned when they announced that it was Movie Week, but this time it was all about dancing and not piffling around with silly props. I thought Robbie did well, but his ability is well below that of the others, so it was time for him to go. Holly's Paso was superb, and Chelsee had lightning feet in the Jive. Jason's AS was lovely, but he is SO pompous and I fear that is losing him votes. I liked Harry's Rumba - he did very well for a male celeb, but it didn't make me think, "phwoar!" Maybe he's too quiet? Alex was OK, and I'm glad she's through to the semi-final, but I don't think she'll go any further.

I think it's going to be between Harry and Chelsee.

• Options

I missed the show on Saturday but watched the results last night. Really wish I had seen the dances, as what I saw last night looked good.

The right one went, though I did like Robbie. From the look on his and Ola's faces they knew it was their time.

Only two more weeks and I still can't warm to Chelseeeee, despite trying really hard because she is a good dancer. So it's Harry (even though I still haven't forgiven Aliona for Matt's show dance last year) or Jason for me (only because of the lovely Kristina).

• Options
    Squark I've been struggling to find the right word for what it is puts me off Jason - who I think is good - and you come closest to it. He's pompous, or at least comes across that way - and it sometimes strikes of desperation. I felt Singing in the Rain was charming and very well executed and was surprised to see him and Christina in the bottom two. I thought it would be Alex and Robbie.

I like Holly - I feel she acts with her whole body, and given the right choreography can be very effective. Artem has made some very interesting pieces for her - nearly always a bit different and playing to her strengths. I just think the GBP don't take to her that much. I like her dry wit when she's interviewed - she is the opposite of Jason and can give off shrug-of-the-shoulder vibes. But I prefer that to Jason's over earnest pronouncements.

For me Chelseeeeeeee and Harry are the two best dancers with the most potential. My problem with Chelseeeeeee is her enormous knockers which (sorry!) stop her looking like a 'real' dancer. Compare to Kyra (gorgeous line, fabulous balletic arms) She's good, very quick, precise and musically accurate BUT…

…for me Harry shaves it. Perhaps he's not as good at the moment, and yes he's quiet. But I find that refreshing. What he does have is the quite unusual ability to make his dancing seem masculine and natural without being macho or camp. I believed in the romance of the Samba.

Sorry for butting into your long established thread, but it was always dancing for me, I came to running very late. And I couldn't resist jumping in this time! (Backs out of stage door)

PS Hello Little Nemo! How's it going  - leading the way round 2.5 parks still? image xxx
  • Options
    Crikey, cross post and similar thinking with Floosie Sue! Even down to the excessof eeeeeeee s.
  • Options

sharkie - all comments welcome, no apology required!

• Options

Well a good week and the right decision.

I thought Robbie should go and also that he should be bottom two but couldn;t guess the other one. OK Alex was there with the judges but the top 4 had a point between each of them so really close. I actually wondered if Holly might even be in there as not sure how many votes she is getting.

It was her best dance by a long way but not sure overall if she will make the final.

However what has gone before is irrelevant really. They have two dances next week so really decide on the night.

I do think that Harry and Chelsee should be in the final but not sure which of the other three should be with them. Probably Jason - yes he is a bit too earnest isn't he but some of his dancing is very good and the 'Dancing in the Rain' was good. I am glad Alex has made the Semis, I genuinely think she deserves to be there. The Final? Possibly but she will have to really pull it off next week. Her Ballroom is really strong, her Latin less so and with a weakness it is probable that she will go next week.

Holly - Some good dances but up and down. If she can put two dances together next week then perhaps. Actually although I think Harry and Chelsee should be in the final I think it could be any 3 from 5 to be honest. Previous performance should count for nothing now. What they do on the night is what counts.

I assume they will get the two dances they haven't done yet next week. Need to look back and see if that fits.

Also Movie week worked because although all the music was from the musicals it wasn't staged in any other way, Apart possibly for  Jason as the singing in the rain drove the choreography to some extent. Liked the effect on the waistcoat to make it look wet by the way.

• Options

Hello Sharkie, long time no see! Hope you are well image

Running is taking a back seat at the moment. I'm cycling to work and just started swimming lessons so I'm only managing 2 runs a week. Might be back doing 2 Parks in the spring. Are you still sprinting?

I agree with a lot of you that Chelsee and Harry should make the final. Alex is the worst of those left so I think this should be her last week. Can't decide between Holly and Jason. I think Jason has more ability but I like Holly's attitude a bit more.

I guess it's going to come down to which 2 dances everyone gets. The wrong dance now could be fatal image

• Options

Little Nemo, totally agree that it depends on which dances people get next week. I'm really glad Harry has already done the samba and rumba, as those can be the kiss of death for a good contestant.  

Aren't there usually a few tangos/pasos in the semis? I hope so anyway image