Tuesday Session - 19 November

What: No running - stress fracture. Today's replacement activity: a hard cycle during which I will attempt to maintain an average speed of above 15mph over about 10 miles.
Why: It's bloody hard to do that on the route I'm picking so it'll be good aerobic exercise and keep my legs busy.

Last hard: Will be today.
Last rest: Yesterday.

Comments

• Morning all!

What: 2000m row as a warm up, 1hr run on treadmill,followed by some resistance leg work.
    Why:Because I want to.

Last Hard: Sunday
    Last Rest: Saturday

Have a good cycle session Psi
  • morning.

what - rest day today but may get a swim / sauna / jacuzzi session in later before pub.
    why - first rest since Thursday
    last hard - sunday
    last rest - thursday

week 4 of marathon schedule. All going to plan (more or less). Just need a place now. not long to wait.
  • Morning all

Didn't get my session in last night - got stuck in a meeting until 9.30pm last night!
    So for the rest of the week I will be playing catch up.(Got friends coming this weekend so need to get some training in before then)

What: AM - 2-3 miles easy on treadmill
    PM - Hills @ club

Last hard: Saturday
    Last rest: Yesterday
  • G'day cobbers,

What: Club session, don't know what yet.
    Last hard: Friday
    Last rest: Sunday
  • Morning, you runny types.

What: Nowt. Well, might do some weights.
    Why: Physio rations. Been on 5K every other day. Feeling good on the mill, bit twingey on the roads. Generally on the up.
    Hard: Ages ago
    Rest: Sunday
  • Morning all

WHAT - (AM) Circuit Training
    (PM) 7-mile tempo run
    WHY – Strength Training and club night

LAST HARD DAY – Today
    LAST REST DAY – Yesterday

Will
  • Morning everyone,

back from lovely sunny warmish Somerset, to cold, crisp London. Could be a bit of a struggle today after four days off but here we go.

What : 6-7 miles easy
    Why : First session after a rest
    Last Hard Day : A week last Sunday
    Last Rest Day : Yesterday
  • Morning all

Gorgeous day here in the North. I'm full of admiration for those of you who do 2 sessions a day.

What: 4 mile recovery.
    Why: normally rest on Tuesdays, but felt like a little run in the sunshine.
    Last hard: last night.
    Last rest: Fri
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Mornin'
    Gym for the first time in 6 weeks (been out cross country instead!)
    What : 8*1/2 miles at 10k pace (6m20 miles/9.45mph) with 1/8 mile slow jog recovs (8m34 miles/7mph)
    Why : wanted to do some measured/timed reps on the treadmill
    Last Hard : Sunday
    Last Rest : Last Tuesday

• Hi all, just found this thread (yes, managed to find my way from the dark side!!) - with all you good people putting me to shame this could actually give me some of the motivation that I have been lacking of late...?

What: 6/7 miles running in the very dark, wet and muddy hills tonight with a bunch of mad people...

Why: Because I can

Last Hard: Friday (well, had bad weekend)
    Last Rest: Yesterday
  • drewdrew ✭✭✭
    What: am - weights 'cause I didn't do it last night due to unforeseen circumstances; pm - 60 minutes steady
    Why: easyish day
    Last hard day: yesterday (hill reps + turbo trainer)
    Last rest day: Saturday
  • Psi -- hope you're feeling alright today.

What: 'Cross-training' with the Dr and Nurse at the hospital... which included pumping arms up and down - squeezing fist 20,000 times and finally trying deperately NOT to smack the Dr in the mouth :o)

Why: Pre-thurday blood test. Swines.

Last rest: No rest for the wicked (as they say)
    Last Hard: Everyday (at the moment)

hhhmmfph.
  • Greetings Fellow Loons,

sauna + day off was a really good idea yesterday, I'm not saying I'm fully recovered from Sunday but I might just be able to hang on to the back of the group tonight.

What: 10 mile fartlek with club @ 6:30pm
    Why: It's Tuesday again!
    Last hard run: Sunday
    Last rest day: Monday

Cath + Psi, you guys are an inspiration, keep on keepin' on ;-)
  • Beginning to wonder if I can keep on recovering in time for the next key session of the week as the intensity (of one) and the length (of another) increases....

what: quality session with the Wirral runners
    why: as the man said, it's Tuesday again
    last hard day: Fri
    last long day: Sun
    last resr day: Mon
  • What: speed session - I hope, a good 1 hour whatever time of the day it is!
    Why: couldn't get out yesterday because of work, no lunch break, home at 7pm, ill child etc... maybe I need to be more organised, or just accept that sometimes it just aint gonna happen
    Last hard day: ages ago
    Last easy: enforced rest yesterday
    Well done everyone, as always, inspirational

• What: 2 mile jog, 4 miles hard, 2 miles jog - except that when i arrived home and checked what i'd done on the map, i'd done about 4.5 miles hard.
    Why - it's Tuesday! it was foggy and not raining for a change.
    Last easy day - yesterday went 8 miles over the muddy fields very gently.
    Last hard day - does a long run of 13 miles on Sunday count as hard?

• Yes, Dangly, 13 miles DOES count as hard. And, for your information, so does 8 miles through mud!

I shall console myself by thinking of how much fitter than Rik Waller I am.
  • Oops - was reminded by my muscles today that a 10K race (Brighton on Sunday) isn't just another 6.2 mile training run.

had planned on doing 3 x 2 miles but ended up with -

What: 2 mile warm-up, then 1 x 2 miles @ 10K pace, then 2 x 1 mile @ 10K pace, then 2 miles warm-down.
    Why: lack of consideration for my ageing musculo-skeletal system.
    Last Hard Day: Sunday
    Last Rest Day: Saturday
  • HillyHilly ✭✭✭
    Afternoon.

What: club night-speed relays or hill reps.
    Why: to hurt!
    Last hard: Sunday
    Last rest: yesterday from running.
  • What: speed session
    Why: Coach told me to.....!
    Last hard: Saturday
    Last rest Yesterday... all my troubles seemed to far away.

Followed by reduced Beer intake.
  • Where am I? Whats going on?

Short business trip and bodz clock is completelz up the spout.

Left Germany at 13:30 on sunday, arrived in Canada after 8 hour flight at 3:30 in the aftrnoon. Got to hotel and went for a run (late afternoon but body clock said nearly midnight). Went to bed at 9:00 pm (or was that 03:00 am? Woke up at 04:00 am.

Rested on Monday as completely cream crackered.

Up at 5:00 am this morning, went for a run. Now in the airport waiting to go home get on plane at 17:30 arrive back in Frankfurt at 07:30 - go straight to office.

Training today, Wednesday ???????? Who knows!
  • Excuse the zeds in the above I'm not used to English keyboards - z and y are reversed on German keyboard
  • What: 5M on the treadmill at thegym.

Why: easing back after calf probs. Began to feel it in the calf at about 4m but seems ok now.Breaking in new shoes NB854 not convinced about them as they feel squashy and knees sore at the end!

Last hard sesh. Sunday
    Last rest: yesterday
  • what: rest today
    eh?: Two fairly strenous days in a row deserve a break.

last 'ard: - monday
    last rest: - today

Last time got locked out of flat naked: 1995
  • What : 4 miles
    Why : Dont want to get to old to soon
    Last hard : erm ....today !
    Last rest : Yesterday

Suspect shin splints caused by 7 mile run last saturday or I need new shoes
  • Just have to say, ooh, I enjoyed that. 20 mins worth of hill reps and another 40 mins running with bursts of speed because once again intimidated thinking I was being followed. Am I paranoid, or is someone playing cat and mouse with me when I run. Wish I had a running partner. But who else wants to run at 9pm at night!!
  • What:
    AM - 4.3 miles easy
    PM - 8 miles - incluiding 5 miles fartlek
    Why: Speedwork
    Last hard run: Today
    Last easy day: Yesterday

Saw Paula Radcliffe whilst on my run tonight, which gave me an incentive to run a bit faster :o)

Gareth
  • Nasty evening with unpleasant chilly damp SE wind. Most of the group in pieces having raced at Abergele (apparently the course included a 600ft climb amongst its many undulations). So most of them did a steady run while I got despatched on a 5 mile (maybe a fraction more) tempo run. No-one to run with either...ho hum. Got round in ~32 mins. Not as fast as I'd have liked, but one 3/4 mile stretch of road was dark & unfamiliar - stumbled over the kerbs & pavements. Oh well.....