Time to resurrect a Strictly thread!

Comments

• I think they used to save the Argentine Tango for the semi-finals in the past but they spread them all about now.

Horrid thought - will Jason be doing the rumba?!? I'm scared by the faces he might do image

D'oh just realised Jason's already done the rumba - phew! image

• I think I have blocked Jason's rumba from my mind! I would youtube it but might put my recovery back image
  • If I were in charge of Strictly, I'd ban the rhumba. Excruciating dance!

Welcome Sharkieeeee image

Completely off topic but OMG I just looked out of the window and it's SERIOUSLY snowing! Eeeek!

• Thanks for welcomes.

Little Nemo - yes I'm still sprinting, and high jumping and long jumping too now. I track train three times a week. Dancing is my cross training. You can always get back to the parks in the spring when it's all lovely.

I can't believe  - except I can - that I wrote Salsa when I meant Rumba for Harry and Aliona. Don't snigger behind your backs at my first(ish) post. I'm a bit Salsa obsessed at the moment. 

If I was in charge of Strictly I'd ban the comedy bits in training. I use the word 'comedy' lightly. I gather I'm not alone in this....

• I agree Len, 9  times out of 10 the rumba is just embarrassing to watch. Every so often there is a couple with the WOW factor, but even then they tend to be a romantic couple.

I'm dredging up a memory of Jason's rumba ... I think he looked pretty uncomfortable throughout? As though he was going to pains to prove to the missus that the Curse of Sexy Kristina wouldn't strike again! image

Sharkie - the comedy VTs are getting ridiculous!

No snow in London (yet) ...

• AFternoon All

I too missed SAturday but saw Sunday - right decision and I did think Robbie was very gracious both before and in defeat towards Jason..........

I would like the final to be:

- Chelseeeeeee (she's good despite the boobs)

- Harry (he's good despite the personality bypass)

- Jason (he's good despite the "dont' take yourself so seriously" bypass)

Holly is too hit and miss for me and until she shows some enthusiasm I find it hard to reciprocate and Alex is annoying me more week on week and is also the weakest left I think (being an expert like i am of course!!!!)

• Hello and welcome to the thread Sharkie.

I agree with Btb that it could be any 3 from 5 - especially as there is no dance-off. Alex seems to be getting the votes, so she could go through ahead of Jason or Holly - which would be a travesty in my view, but stanger things have happened!

My choice for the final 3 would be the same as Podd's. I know that Jason can be rather earnest, but at least he is trying whereas Holly just seems too laid back.

I do think it is a shame that things like the AS and AT are now spread out through the series, I used to like them being saved for the semi as it upped the stakes a bit.

TBH, I prefered a shorter run with fewer contestants, fewer props early on and everyone getting 2 dances sooner and keeping the dance-off ( and no 'comedy' VTs!) but I can't see the Beeb going back to that when the current format has brought in so many viewers.

• Perhaps we should all put our oar in to "Points of You" on ITT - I can't stand those stupid VTs, they don't add anything and are not even remotely funny.
  • It suddenly occurred to me as I was watching ITT last night, that we used to see family and friends of the contestants at one time, but that hasn't happened at all this year. Yet another element that has bitten the dust it seems.

I don't particularly like the VTs, but I suppose a lot of people find them entertaining, and if you watch ITT you do get a chance to see some of the actual training.

• There was a little bit with Audley's 4 year old daughter, she was adorable! (She liked her dad being in the competition because she "loves twirling, and now he can do it too") and a little bit of Harry's bandmates coming in to heckle during his practice, but apart from that it has all been ridiculous "comedy" VTs. Especially Jason ... eugh! Enough with the "jokes".
  • I'm very happy not to be subjected to watching the contestants 'cute' kids and grandkids etc - cute kids make me image
  • Alex Jones will be dancing the Waltz to Carol King's You make me feel like a natural woman

Carol King is on the One Show and Alex has just asked her what's the story behind the song image

Carol was nicely diplomatic and just said that lots of people tell her that their baby was conceived to the song.

Seriously - is she thick or just incredibly naive?!? image

• Anyone see the Strictly judges on Alan Carr's show? Hilarious!
  • Morning all!

So..I've got a question. Alex and James were on ITT yesterday, yes? And Zoe gave her a medallion, and she promised to wear it on TOMORROWS One Show.  Shortly after, she's on BBC1 on the One Show, different hair and outfit. So...is ITT not live?! Am I being incredibly thick in thinking it was!?

And - Im LOVING the botafogos world record challenge. I'm backing Artem image.

• TopSecTopSec ✭✭✭
    Haven't seen either programme Len but I believed it was live? I know Zoe does record certain segments. It certainly takes a while to upload onto iplayer which usually indicates it is live. I assume The One Show is live too?

Could she maybe have had time to change/redo her hair if it is in the same building?

Haven't seen last nights ITT yet but am enjoying the botafogos too, Pasha was blindingly fast but obviously the errors crept in. I would hazard a guess at Vincent if he is doing it?

Does anyone remember the first challenge they did (I think) when Lilia scored 0 - so funny image

I see there is an article on the Daily Mail website about the audience noise - apparently the BBC think it adds to the enjoyment and not many people have complained - if I could be bothered enough I would do so myself!
  • They might record Alex's segments as it would be difficult to do ITT at 6:30 and the One Show at 7pm.

I think Flavia and her little legs might win it. Brendan and James will probably try too hard and Artem might still have problems with his back.

I loved Lilia's face when she was shrieking "Zero!" - I still miss her image

*wanders off to check out 4OD*

• That was the dance machine challenge, wasn't it? Ha ha - I remember that, hilarious!! This year I loved thatt Flav did her botafogos round and round in a circle, and everyone else did them facing forward. Made me giggle image.

So back to Alex...if they recorded her bits earlier (which I'd understand) then there'd be even less reason why she'd wear that medallion on the One Show the day after rather than on the same day? Unless...the One Show is recorded the day before...no that can't be right because people send in photos...live. Don't they? image. I don't know whether to be suspicious (conspiracy! cover-up!!) or freaked out (omg the BBC have invented time travel and not told anyone and Dr Who is a DOCUMENTARY image).

• LOL, Len2. That puzzled me too!

Yes, Podds, I read that about the crown noise - the article said people are also complaining about all the 'spontaneous' standing ovations. However, with massive viewing figures, I don't think the Beeb are going to listen to anyone else's opinion.

I thought Brendan was funny on ITT last night - especially when he started to get stroppy that some of his botofogos were disallowed.

• I was going to say I don;t remember anybody doing Argentine Tango yet except I am sure  Chelsee has. I think it would be better at this stage if they were all doing the same dances because if somebody gets the Rumba in the semi and somebody else the Waltz that is a bit unfair.

I don't get to see ITT very often as not home in time. Has that given any indication what people are doing this weekend or do they leave that to the Friday one when thye usualyl reveal dances, dresses and music?

Actually the number of standing ovations this year has been silly. Whether spontaneous or staged is irrelevant because you are expecting them now so ignore them. The shame of that is that sometimes Tess will say you should feel the reaction in the studio. Well when a standing ovation was earned you could get a feel that the audience really appreciated it, Now unless you fall over you are pretty much guaranteed one. Actually you can probably get one if you do fall over so long as you don't break anything!

Never thought about whether ITT was live. I actually assumed it would be recorded at some point in the day. Although with training etc it might not be that much before the show.  I think the One Show is live. Otherwise they would have shot Jeremy Clarkson last week and replaced him rather than having to apologise image

• I'm sure I've heard the announcer say something along the lines of, "And now for the live ITT show."But I could be wrong.
  • Didn't find Alan Carr on 4OD but it is on YouTube. Alesha seems like she would be a cheap date - plastered after one glass! She makes a funny drunk.

The most shocking bit was the Argentinian version of Strictly - my eyes!!! image

BTB, we've seen all the couples in training on ITT now. This is what I think everyone is doing on Saturday:

• Holly: Charleston and AT
    • Alex: Salsa and Waltz
    • Jason: Samba and AT
    • Harry: Charleston and Waltz
    • Chelsee: AS and Paso

I reckon as they've left James and Artem until the end of the challenge tonight, one of them has won...

*fingers tightly crossed that it's Artem* image

• TopSecTopSec ✭✭✭
    Alex and Jason, the two in my opinion at the risk of going out both have fast latins; Samba (dance of death!) and Salsa, the other three have 'crowd pleasers'; Charleston & Paso??

Mind you, AT can be a tricky dance to get right too image

• I just can't see Holly doing a good Charleston, think she's doomed along with Alex image

I think Jason will get more votes this week after being in the bottom 2 and make it to the final.

• TopSecTopSec ✭✭✭
    Hope so LN, I really want him to be in the final. I really don't understand the negativity toward him, yes, he can be earnest but is that a fault??

• I'm with you, TopSec. Jason for the final! Just think how chuffed the lovely Kristina would be!
  • Nemo - I KNOW! I have since watched a few more clips from the Argentinian program, purely for research purposes image , that was NOT the only time it happened. I loved seeing Craig let his hair down a bit, they all seem like a good laugh. Unlike miserable Gary Barlow saying only old women watch Strictly. Loser image

Looking forward to Harry's charleston, Aliona's bonkers choreography should be a definite asset there. Matt's charleston was one of the highlights of last series ... I do love a man who can unicycle!

• Has anyone seen the letter in next week's Radio Times complaining about the noise at Wembley? There's a comment underneath saying that a lot of letters have been received making the same point.
  • Dare we hope that the BBC take note and don't go to Wembley with Strictly next year?