Vote for EmmaC - Ascic 26.2

Hi All

I usually post in the sub 4:30 forum - have been for over two years and more recently joined the Brighton Marathon forum as I got a place for April there. However - with your help I might be able to do the Paris Marathon instead of the Brighton!

http://www.runnersworld.co.uk/competitions/win-our-christmas-gift-guide-/373.html

Amazingly I got picked for boot camp and met some really lovely women in our 'special group' 4 - so lovely infact that 3 others are in two other categories, Nicole, Jade and Jen! We had a nervy but smashing time! Now, I have been lucky enough have got as far as the final 19 and am absolutely delighted!

I thought it might be useful to tell you a little about myself to help you make your voting decision! I am a chemistry teacher at a local comprehensive school, wife to footie mad Michael and Mum to 7 year old Jonny and 4 Year old Reuben.

My mother in law was diagnosed with brain cancer christmas of 2008. This meant that my husband either spent his time visiting his poorly mum or travelling to work all over the UK. I had very little oportunity to exercise so I started running in April 2009 to try and snatch half an hour here and there to keep fit. I managed only 1 mile at first and then in October I completed my first 10k.

We lost Linda July 2009 and in October 2009 (just after my 10k) I got offered a charity place for the VLM by the hospice that cared for her. So training comenced - needless to say it was too much too soon and I got injured (ITB anyone!) but completed in 4:58. Amazingly we managed to raise over £4000 for the hospice and Linda's legacy to me seems to be an addiction to running.

Despite saying 'never again' as I crossed the line I re-applied and this year I got a ballot place and managed to get round injury free in 4:47! My 10k has improved by 10 mins, my 1/2 by 11 but I'm still not making much improvement with a full marathon.

With your help I might be able to get the support to do a sub 4:30 and it would be great to do that in my 40th year! image

Thank you!

Comments