Talkback: ASICS Target 26.2 Team: Colin

Comments

• Excellent news KR.  You've got the credinitals at all the shorter distances so no reason why this journey can't help you to a new marathon PB.

Good luck with everything and I look forward to hearing about it through your thred 

• Well done KR! Will be great to meet you properly in London on Saturday x

Oh and I might have to steal your background idea too image

• Well done KR.   A very deserving candidate and I am sure that breaking that 3.15 will be made all the sweeter next year as you can hobble around afterwards looking at the beautiful Paris scenery (or the inside of a few Paris bars).image 

Enjoy the experience mate.

• Congrats to you.......must have been that Asics top............no seriously well done and hope all goes well for you. I have the same problem running nutrition being abit of a light weight and the second half is where I fell apart last time I ran a marathon. I am training for Edi mara now but while being slower than your good self will be interested to see how you get nutrition advice for the marathon.

All the best.

• Congrats KR. image top news indeed.
  • Well done KR!!! Much deserved....Look forward to the journey....
  • MinniMinni ✭✭✭

Isn't this exciting?  Its like being at a party at Knight Rider's house!  Love your choice of music btw.

I'm really interested to hear what you learnt about core strength at boot camp KR. 

• Well done KR! I was looking at the shortlist before voting and was like 'I recognise that name from somewhere'! Good luck with the training and I may be stealing some tips for my own sub 3.15 campaign at London image
  • Knight Rider: well done and I look forward to following this thread.
  • As everyone says, well done and well deserved.  Enjoy
  • Excellent news! Congrats KR, a truly deserving candidate. Steve is a great mentor too.
  • Wahey! Excellent. Good luck, dude!
  • Well done indeed KR

FH
  • KR stole your background idea too!image
  • Well done mate! I'll be following your progress closely. Though my PB is 3.52, I'm actually looking at a 3.15 target for the Spring.... so I'll be looking for you to pass on tips! I'm probably going to do the new Marathon of the North in Sunderland in May... means I can work a little behind your schedule. Enjoy Saturday (I'm now going on an all day drinking session!!)....

• Well done! Well deserved image. Will be following closely (and supporting!)
  • Wardi, I don't have a full set of toenails and one my toes bends the wrong way, so I guess my foot modelling days are over. Got nice ankles though if that helps. Were you a previous winner of this competition?

Hi Shaggy, are you following P&D? Will be interesting to see how the schedules differ if at all? We are meeting up with the coaches on Saturday, so it will be a good chance to discuss training, goals, upcoming races within the schedule etc.

Hi Sal f, I'm hoping to do a half marathon in March sometime, but will see how the schedule pans out and what dates are free. Retford is a good course and I came close to my PB there earlier this year although I didn't realise it during the race!

All I want for Christmas…, Paris is the 15th of April and I think 1 week before VLM, so will be in taper madness first!

Martin, I hope to be seeing a few of the Parisian bars post race! One of my objectives during this training period is to drastically cut back on alcohol. That makes me sound like a boozer, when in fact I drink in moderation and within the governments guidlines. I was impressed with your alcohol abstention during your Forum 6 thread ealrier this year. I think it did play a part on your sub 3 time you achieved.

mcs, yes I'm interested in the food side of things and what to eat when i get hunger pangs - late night can be my downfall!

Good luck with the London campaign Amy, reading your post on the sub 3.15 campaign I think you are on the right track - I'm looking for good tips too, so if you hear any let me know image.

Hi Snowlent - I never did get to changing my forum name to an Xmas one, thought it might get a bit confusing .

Good to see some of the regular forumites on here. It's wierd as I know you guys & your sense of humour from other threads, they all tend not to be about running, so I've not got much idea of your running goals or if you are mara training too!

• Sorry, second post was meant to be on someone else's thread... but it applies to you too!

• Cheers Simon, hope there's some good advice & ideas coming out of this thread. I'm glad Martin O' Neil has gone to Sunderland, he'll do well there. There was talk of him coming back to Leicester before they opted for Pearce, but I think he is such a God here it would have tarnished his reputation if he hadn't repeated an expected similiar result to last time. He's a great motivator and is very passionate about what he does - very good qualities in a manger.

Busy day at work and after, picking up kids from grandparents and taking the eldest one to his school disco. Laden with £2 he came out with an impressive array of glow sticks - reminded me of a late 80' acid house party. Got home, cooked tea and getting them ready for bed it was late run for me. Out of the house at 8.00pm for a 10 mile run. Felt a bit knacker TBH, but managed a steady pace of 7.45 pace with a few 8.10 miles and one cheeky sub 7 mile. 24 miles for the week so far and one run left on Sunday should take it up to about 36 miles. Although I've not got my schedule yet, I'm just keeping it ticking over without going mad.

• KR - house and heavy metal? Interesting combination! Does your schedule start on Monday and have you got it yet?!
  • Hi Colin - I'm also a Sunderland fan (born in the area) and am really pleased we have Martin Oneil at the club - think we will gradualy climb the table now.  The foxes have had quite a journey over the last few years but there is still time this season to make a charge up the table for the playoffs.  Mind you, playoffs can add years to your life cos the only one i've been to was the 4-2 defeat by charlton many years ago when Mickey Gray missed "that" penalty; couldn't speak to anyone for a week after!!

Simon Pryde - I'm also thinking of doing the new Marathon of the North cos it's my home town - just waiting to see the route on the web site before entering - would be great to meet up again.

Enjoy today Colin as you get your kit, schedule etc.

• Hi Gul, the schedule is due to start on Boxing day. I'll be meeting uop with Steve tomorrow, so hopefully should get an idea of what I'll be doing.

Oscar, LCFC have had their fair share of managers over the past few years - on a poar with Chelsea. i really thought Sven would have made a different and I think he was, but just wasn't getting the results quick enough! I think time would have proved him right.

• Well done KR.

I have a feeling that you'll do really well, given your PBs to date. The foundations are definitely there. Steve is a brilliant mentor. Really appreciated all the advice he gave everyone else last year. I am a much better runner now, thanks to all his input. 

I'm doing the VLM again and sticking to the RW sub 3:15 schedule but will be over the moon with sub-3.20.

Good luck!

• Thanks Rob, looks like we're in the same boat with target times! Yes, I was impressed with Steve's input last year too and look forward to meeting him again tomorrow.
  • It's #FF today!

So if you are connect to twitter here's a few to check out:

[b]@BrightonMarathn
    [/b]@strongstufftom
    nothing doddgy - he's a very good illsutrator
    @girlwhatruns Liz Yelling
    @LondonMarathon

• Hoooray for KR - great news you have won a place in the competion.

I will try to follow your progress as much as I can but ***good luck***!

AC

• K R: I do not think people will find it confusing if you changed your name to the festive one, I suspect most people look at the avatars as much as the names and there is no similarities there. But it is nearly Christmas now, so not much time left anyway.
  • BirchBirch ✭✭✭
    Get in there, KR!!  Must have been my last minute vote swayed things image !  Be good to follow your progress and hopefully celebrate the desired outcome. 
  • AndyVAndyV ✭✭✭
    Hi KR

Congratulations and best wishes for the "journey". I'll be following your thread with interest as a former super sixer and wannabe sub315 (Brighton 04/2012 for me).

Given your other PB's you clearly have the potential for sub315. Just try to stay fit and healthy in the early weeks and don't push the pace too much.

Steve's a great mentor and is really committed to the cause. Make sure you listen to him.

Best of luck.