Too fat to run now

Comments

• I think you may be mistaking it for something else that vibrates when excited RE.

Limper, Rita is a small 3 pronged vibrating Ball with Legs, (say no more)
    As for you staring back, slow and very careful, and no more knocks, strains, falls, or mishaps young lady
  • Evening all. Glad to hear the legs are fine boys. Hope you are fully recovered and ready for the festivities.

Limper are you feeling better yet? How is the back? I hope you are keeping your chin up. It won't be long before you are back out running.

It has been a busy time here. Long work days and grandchildren nativity plays today. I eventually got round to getting presents bought. I know I am a bah humbug this year but will be glad when it's over. Haven't even got a decoration up as I can't get into the loft and hubby has just ignored me when I asked him.

What have you all got planned then for the next few days? We are off to the Borders on Saturday. I have a 12hr shift tomorrow as couldn't get the leave.

• limperlimper ✭✭✭
    I will be working up to and including Christmas Eve, then off for a couple of days, then back to work. No different to a weekend really at my place of employment.

Just get through this one Speedy and the next will be easier. Try not to make it a time to dread though. Quiet and peaceful is as good for the soul as tinsel and noise is.

I miss the Nativity plays! I always enjoyed making costumes and there's nothing better than a bunch of gappy-toothed kiddies singing Away In A Manger. image

My hurty bits are pretty sore still Speedy. I know the injury and know the recovery process. Doesn't make it any easier to put up with though!

I'm wondering about trying to change my style when I re-start Tippy, but I'm not sure how. At the moment one of my legs doesn't listen to me anyway so trying to teach it something new is definitely out of the question!
    I was showing off 'running' on my crutches the other day - I fell over them and landed on the affected leg. That just about sums me up!

<< adds a mains adaptor to Eagle's Christmas prezzie list >> image
  • Away in a manger,
    No crib for His bed
    The little Lord Jesus
    Laid down His sweet head

The stars in the bright sky
    Looked down where He lay
    The little Lord Jesus
    Asleep on the hay

The cattle are lowing
    The poor Baby wakes
    But little Lord Jesus
    No crying He makes

I love Thee, Lord Jesus
    Look down from the sky
    And stay by my side,
    'Til morning is nigh.

Be near me, Lord Jesus,
    I ask Thee to stay
    Close by me forever
    And love me I pray

Bless all the dear children
    In Thy tender care
    And take us to heaven
    To live with Thee there

• Limper, as for changing your running style, i would advise against as the body has got use to how you have been running, and the muscles and tendens etc have all adapted to suit.

I was asked/advised by a coach to change my running style when i started running for the club, I tried it and was out injured for 3 months.

• limperlimper ✭✭✭
    Aww, Tippy poppit, you brought a tear to my eye with your sweet ickle boy's voice raised in song there!!!

Running style - I'm a typical lumpy old jogger with a mid to rear foot strike. I'm wondering if forefoot striking would suit my hamstrings better? The body is quite capable of adapting - even at my advanced age!! It's more that my brain doesn't know how to coordinate it.
    Do you seriously think it's a bad idea? Surely forefoot strike is what runners should be aiming for?

I know it's madness, but I was that close to going out for a run tonight when I got in from work. Dunno why. Spent the day in pain and am still using crutches at times plus it's pouring with rain here... but the urge was great.
    Oh well. Soon hopefully. Fingers crossed.
  • Fingers & toes crossed Limper.
    If you can try forefoot striking when you are able then try it for a little bit, and see how it goes.
  • limperlimper ✭✭✭
    Come they told me, pa rum pa pum pum.
    A newborn king to see, pa rum pa pum pum.
    Our finest gifts we bring, pa rum pa pum pum.
    To lay before the king, pa rum pa pum pum,
    Rum pa pum pum, rum pa pum pum.

<< does gappy-toothed grin >>

The only time I've managed to forefoot strike before is when I'm running barefoot in the lounge chasing that annoying little person on Wii Fitness!!
    Obviously my centre of gravity is over my @rse!!

Weeeeeeeeee. Getting excitabubble now. It's very nearly Christmas image
  • Santas, coming, Santas coming.
    as for that iccle person, i think RE auditioned for that part image

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee wish you a Merry Christmas
    we wish you a Merry Christmas
    we wish you a Merry Christmas
    and a nappy New Year image
  • limperlimper ✭✭✭
    Deck the halls with boughs of holly, falala lala lalala.

Or there's that old favourite...

Mistletoe and wine,
    Children screaming all of the time.
    Dogs in the fire and cats up the tree,
    A time to get drunk and be vomitty.

Have you all got the sprouts switched on yet? Remember they need at least 12 hours simmering.

I haven't even started on the Christmas grub yet and I feel all fat and bloated. It's like prescient guilt!!
  • May I wish all my friends on this forum the very best health & happiness for Christmas & the New Year. 

May all your problems be managed,  may you set your own personal goals & achieve them, but if not know that you you have given your best.

Let's be positive, we can achieve. Aim to bring to a smile to someone's face each day, and appreciate our loved ones & friends.

• <Bounces in....>

Happy Christmas everyone, and hope it is a good one for everyone. May 2012 bring health and hapiness to you all and injuries be kept to a minimum...<Glares at Limper> image I don't know....running with crutches....

Grandson baby Bodjit was born on 27th November weighing in at a tremendous 9lbs......!

Life just seems to be a little manic

Well done Tippy and Eagle, in Edinburgh!

Speedy, it sounds a though you have escaped for Christmas image

Our son and daughter in law are cooking for us tomorrow, so a real treat! Just got to collect Ma and off we go!

Christmas tree just put up, now to wrap presents....

<glugs a large gin....>

Cheers

• Hi All

Just popped on to wish you all on this thread a Merry Xmas and a happy new year. I hope you all have an enjoyable and injury free 2012.

Kind Regards
    Mark in Norwich
  • limperlimper ✭✭✭
    Merry Christmas everyone.

Kissykissy kisskiss
  • Merry Christmas everyone. Hope your day is going really well and Santa was good to you. Hope you are all not overstuffed after Christmas lunch.

Thank you all for the Christmas carols.
  • limperlimper ✭✭✭
    Santa was very good to me. I am wearing my new pj's and smell of my new bubbly-bath.
    And I'm really really fat!!!

Hope your day was peaceful Speedy. xxx
  • limperlimper ✭✭✭
    << rummages amongst the wrapping paper and left over veg to see if anyone is still alive >>

I ran.
    Pah-hahahahahahhahahahahaha.
  • limperlimper ✭✭✭
    Damage mostly confined to my pride Tips. I looked like a blimp in lycra and had to walk a few times. And we're only talking a couple of miles!
    The pain has piped up a little now... but I have some pretty tablets!!

How is everyone? Working tomorrow? (I am).
  • Off till next week.
    Going to London tomorrow then back to do some pre spring cleaning
  • limperlimper ✭✭✭
    I'll leave the door-keys under the brick and the mop / bucket / bleach / polish etc in the kitchen. Thanks Tipster.
  • D'OH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    (thinks quickly)(AHA)
    LImper i have blechbucketmopobia.
  • Evening. How are you all? Limper are you ok after your run?

Spring cleaning - when are you free to come to this homestead Tippy? Lol.

Taken a few days holiday so not back at work till Tuesday. Babysitting tonight.

Doctor visit today. Cut my leg yesterday - well more a scratch really - but it bled a lot for about 20 mins and leaked constantly for the next 24hrs. It is my poorly leg Doctor said I was right to go see him considering my history. Now on a week of antibiotics to be on safe side and dressings to put on it till it stops leaking. To try sit with it up but not easy with a 3 year old around.

Gym put off til it heals. Bah humbug.

What plans for new year folks?
  • limperlimper ✭✭✭
    Ouch Speedy, hope your leg heals well. You did the right thing to get it checked. Is there nothing you could do at the gym to help keep the motivation and CV fitness ticking over?

No New Years Eve celebrations here at the lily-pad. I don't get excited about the turning of the year and I'm too tired for parties!
    It's just a case of go to bed one year, get up the next year. And then spend a month trying to remember to write the correct date on cheques etc!

Hope you had a nice London day Tippy? Bet it was busy in town?

<< shakes the eyrie >>
  • Morning. I have one good little grandson. He let me have a lie in as he didn't waken till 8.45am. That's good for a 3 year old. Now I have a morning of cartoons to look forward too - not so good.

Can't make gym today as have Jayden most of today. Friday off to hairdressers to get this grey hair covered over then shopping. By the time Saturday comes my leg should let me back to gym. The it's new year and a determined slim/run effort.

No parties here either Limper. I am getting too old for that. Don't do with middle of the night bed. Dogs wouldn't appreciate me sleeping all the next day either. Will just be glad when it's all over.

How is the back Limper? Boys have your legs fully recovered from your little run?
  • Speedy: legs all ok here thanks.
    Limper: London was empty, got back around 2am, did get a hall pass.
  • Hello All! 

Got a lone run in Christmas, Boxing day & Tuesday mornings and a good gym session yesterday.  Don't know whether the scales in there were lying, but they tried to tell me that I weighed less than before crimbo.  On that basis alcofrol must make you lose weight.

Back at work today.....image  Planning on joining friends for a hilly/muddy off road run tomorrow morning. Methinks it will be something of a challenge.   Still, as I'm daft enough to have entered the Rough n Tumble 10 on 15 Jan I've got to put some hard work in. 

I sympathise with Limper, I hate New Years Eve.  Will be over at sister in laws taking Mrs E, both sons & one fiance.  Muggins will be driving.

• RE: So from your last post, will be YOU, Mrs E, Bambi, Thumper, Thumpet to be, and muggins???????? ( ou est muggins) private chauffeur... image

Hills, Hills, we all love Hills
  • limperlimper ✭✭✭
    Let me get this right Eagle...
    I read your post as stating that you are taking Mrs E and your fiancée. I assume you won't let them sit in the back together?!

The Limpettes will be in bed by 10pm knowing them. Myself and Dawg will not be far behind. That's New Years Eve limper-style.

What are you doing to celebrate Tippy?

My shins are sore from the little run I did! I never get 'shin-splints' but I guess I've still got a compensated gait at the moment.

Filthy weather here. Brrrrrrrrrr.