Blaenafon Tri 13 May 2012

The 29th Blaenafon triathlon is open for business. We've had a few pirates in the past, Pebble's done it before,. Seren get those dates sorted & come & join us. Anyone fancy a tri that is a little bit different for the usual - we dont do flat. Entry form here. or online at EntryCentral.

We are only a small race, & we filled up at the end of January last year. We've got an extra swim wave this year so an extra 20 slots so hopefully you've got a bit of time to decide if you fancy our challenge.

Comments

• Yes peeps I can vouch for this cracker, your palmares is incomplete without this !!!image 
  •  I am having a go - have entered as Pheonix since i have pheonix kit
  • mm might have to review my estimated bike time
  • SlugsSlugs ✭✭✭

Great to have you on board Maddy, that means I've another marshal to find!image. You'll enjoy it. Just let me know if you need to change your estimated time. Get round the course a couple of times, then make your mind up on your race time. Bike time is not critical, but useful to try to make sure you are on the road with similarly fast riders.

• The Sirhowy challenge is the 20th May so i could do both this year.......but would I be allowed to swim with a pullbuoy as I can't swim more than 100m without one.......
  • SlugsSlugs ✭✭✭
    seren nos wrote (see)
    The Sirhowy challenge is the 20th May so i could do both this year.......but would I be allowed to swim with a pullbuoy as I can't swim more than 100m without one.......

Sorry Seren BTF rules. No aids. Plenty of time for you to get your legs sorted. Will help in your longer swims as well.

Ps That son of yours ran well on Monday, punished me on the little climbs on the home leg.

• SlugsSlugs ✭✭✭

NEWT the host club will be taking their Sunday ride around the Tri course on Sunday 5 February. Its not an official club ride so everybody is welcome.

Meeting at Pontypool 8:45ish to leave at 9:00. Plan is to do the course & then a bonus loop or 2nd lap(?) for those who want more action.

Hopefully the club will ride the route each month until the race.

All welcome.

Maddy's cycling club are also planning to ride the route sometime, end of January, early Feb.

Almost forgot. Only 30 slots left at the moment, pace of entries has slowed but expect to be full by end of January.

• Aw, got the Mayhill Massacre on that day, would have been up for a recce.  Mind it might still be too cold up on the hills in Feb for me, maybe I'll leave it a month or two!
  • SlugsSlugs ✭✭✭

Last Call for entries. Got 6 places left so likely to fill over the weekend.  5 weeks, fastest its ever filled & we've got more slots. Didn't realise there were that many masochists out there! 

One slot reserved for a charity auction, probably do that in march now.

• SlugsSlugs ✭✭✭

I've almost used up all the replacements on the waiting list for this years race. I will have free slots by next week. Does anybody want to join us on Sunday May 13, at Britain's oldest continually held triathlon.

Its not easy, we've got a couple of nice climbs to sample.

Small, friendly & cheap. Online at Entry Central.

• SlugsSlugs ✭✭✭

Unfortunately we've lost Maddy from the race, very sorry you wont be with us racing Maddy, & there is one other spare spot. Who wants to join us next Sunday?

Where's Pebble 2? Fancy another crack at it? Any more of your  Rhondda crew got nothing to do next Sunday?

Entries close for good tomorrow night.

• Pebble 2Pebble 2 ✭✭✭

Cheers Bri but I'm working that Sunday otherwise I'd have a shuffle.