Let's talk gym!

Comments

• Nice, Gastank!  Have you done a Marathon before? 

My Promax from Predator should be here soon - I've never tried any Protein drinks before.  Let's see how it goes.  As I said before, I can't run at the moment, but nothing's stopping me doing upper body weights. image

• i was tempted to do this one too as ive heard its fabimage
  • I had to post this:

http://weblogs.wpix.com/news/local/morningnews/blogs/abs1030.jpg

Holy... image

• oh my good grief!!! how did he manage that !!!!!!!!!!!!  image creepy.......has to be American
  • Has to be, Loula!!  That can't be healthy.
  • eughwimage...looks weird..has someone tweaked the photo dyu think?
  • Could be, but having said that, I'm sure I've seen documentaries with kids like that and while you can tweak a photo, I don't think you can tweak a video.
  • prob quite easy for kids that young to get that physique though due to low body fatimage
  • Someone must be giving him something - I'm sure kids can't get like that 'naturally'.
  • What long term damage is he doing to his body?
  • Yeah, I usually combine my workouts with my runs - sometimes before, sometimes after the workout - but I'm not running at the moment because of this stupid knee.  It's not even that cold at the moment!  I know what's going to happen: I'll be better by mid January or February, by which time it'll be averaging 2 degrees. image  I've just had my session for today - no legs at the moment, but lots of upper body and abs work. image

Predator Nutrition still haven't sent me my ProMax!  I hope this is just down to Christmas post or something because I made the damn order on Dec 21st.  If they don't reply soon to my email, I'll have to phone them.

• Weird.  I had an email from them saying that they had to cancel the order and return the money to my account because they requested ID from me, but I didn't reply.  No one asked me for any 'ID' - the transaction had gone through OK and the courier had my delivery details, the only thing they didn't have was the damn order!  Too much mucking around.  I'm going to leave the order cancelled and as long as they return the money to my account sharpish, leave it at that.  Besides which, I read somewhere you have to take three scoops for each serving and that 908g tub has only ten servings - which even at £14.99 is far too expensive.  Is that serving info accurate?
  • RR - predator ID check is just once then you're golden AND promax is just too damn expensive... Period - hence why I recommended Myofusion or ON

Thomas Thomas 2 - looks suspiciously like my exact post from last week?!?
  • Yep 17/12/11, what are you TT2 some sort of weirdo? Get your own training plan and post what YOU did, not what others did
  • You have a stalker

Im doing Edinburgh too by the way.
  • gastank wrote (see

Thomas Thomas 2 - looks suspiciously like my exact post from last week?!?
    *whispers*..gastank, id say he is a spammer..only 2 posts....image...and no profile info....obviously nothing better to do with his time.....
  • Cheers, Gastank - I will do that.  image
  • Are these sort of things the best to take after workouts?  That's what I'm really looking for - a post workout drink.
  • RR post workout is really all I use it for but if your a bodybuilding nut they take on a variety of ratios according to the "anabolic window" i.e pre post and during but the real window is post and therefore is the most important when trying to build muscle

Ideally you should be shooting for a shake within 20 mins max of finishing a workout and then eating a whole food meal an hour after that (I never can manage it, but that's the theory!)

Here's the anabolic window macros if you're interested

Pre workout - slow carb - oats...
    56 carb (slow) 28 protein = 336 kcal

Post - sugar based - maltodextrin (sp?) honey, blackstrap molasses, natural syrups
    85 carbs (fast) 43 protein = 512 kcal

I'd probably go Myofusion banana perfection + honey for post workout and maybe a real banana as well for the added potassium

• gastank wrote (see)
    RR post workout is really all I use it for but if your a bodybuilding nut they take on a variety of ratios according to the "anabolic window" i.e pre post and during but the real window is post and therefore is the most important when trying to build muscle Ideally you should be shooting for a shake within 20 mins max of finishing a workout and then eating a whole food meal an hour after that (I never can manage it, but that's the theory!) Here's the anabolic window macros if you're interested Pre workout - slow carb - oats... 56 carb (slow) 28 protein = 336 kcal Post - sugar based - maltodextrin (sp?) honey, blackstrap molasses, natural syrups 85 carbs (fast) 43 protein = 512 kcal I'd probably go Myofusion banana perfection + honey for post workout and maybe a real banana as well for the added potassium
    I reckon I'll give Myofusion a go - it's got good reviews as well. image  Thanks for telling me about it.

Edit:  We've definitely got a spambot here. image

• That's good - play.com do Myofusion for £20.99 - and there won't be any annoying ID problems because play.com know me. image  No banana flavour, which is a bit of a pain, so I reckon I might give Vanilla a shot. image  How many scoops do you use for each serving?
  • I was wondering - if I go for a run before my TT workout, do I still need to stretch in preparation for the TT session?  If not, I can save a bit of time.

Myofusion ordered - chocolate, as they had no 2lb banana.  Should be here within the week. image  Just had a session in which I upped the ante on several exercises - nice post workout soreness now. image  We are nuts, aren't we? image

• -Gastank - is Myofusion supposed to come with a scoop?  I received my Milk Chocolate 2lb today, but there's no scoop.

Edit:  My bad - there is a scoop, it's just buried within the powder - I read that on another forum. image

OK, just had my first glass.  Nice!  It's like a creamy chocolate milkshake. image  Now as long as it doesn't make me throw up, we're good to go. image

• Good stuff RR - I do reckon their flavours are the best!!! Enjoy mate! Personally I would TT first then run, but either way is good and I reckon you should be ok to miss the stretching. Alternative is do one warm up set, I.e lighter "weight" before main sets

Festive - Edinburgh as well, cool! There are three of us on our normal "home" thread doing Edinburgh - have you done your training plan yet? I need to set mine out this weekend!!!!
  • I've changed my abs routine to:

20 x Advanced Crunch (crunches with resistance)

60 x Decline Crunch

20x Reverse Crunch 

I'm assuming this is having the desired effect because my abs are afire after that lot!!

• I was wondering - if you have two scoops of Myofusion, is it best to have them both in one go straight after the workout, or one after workout and one before bed, or for breakfast?
  • I've also been doing some reading and something that's cropped up quite a lot is if you want to build muscle as an 'ectomorph', then you should forget cardio for a while?  I'm not sure how sensible that sounds - after all, cardio is the best way to burn fat off isn't it?  Cardio burns fat - not muscle.