Just a little bit further 2012

Comments

• Jude Yazicilar wrote (see)

Back home!  Listening to daughter do her piano practice.  Computer is in the same room as the piano.

I trained as a classical singer By'Eck, but I can bash around on the piano too and know the basics of violin and cello.  I teach my eldest two the piano and I'm waiting to start the youngest one when he shows any signs of being interested. Daughter is doing grade 4 piano and grade 2 violin in 10 days time.  I'm more nervous than she is.  Actually, swimming is her priority and she doesn't practise enough but she enjoys playing, so that's fine.  Are you musical?   

It's great that your daughter is interested in the piano - starting young is the best way, not like me.  I started all the performing malarkey at 21 - I'm confident that had I started when I was a child, I would be reasonably established in piano or guitar, if not acting or singing.  Guitar/piano + singing is enough to make a start on building a reasonably solid career by itself.  Oh well, eh? image
  • Jude - I was in a small town near Madrid - had a brill time. Had a boyfriend there, but I decided to leave him and come back to the UK.

by eck - kids certainly change everything! mind you, age doesn't help either! No way could do the same things now as I used to.

• Evening!
    Nice run Franny. image

And well done to all those taking decorations down - ours have gone too.

Jude - that is great that you are able to teach your kids music.

mathschick - hope you foot heals.

Limper - how is you feeling after your first run since the injury?

Mmmmm, we still have too much cheese in the house. And lots of sweets, but I don't eat those (just chocolate image). We have 'Saturday Sweetie Day' in our house which it the only day our girls are allowed sweets/choc and so we probably have enough to last us until the end of Feb.

I had fun today. Sweatshop are selling Brooks Adrenaline shoes in their sale at 1/2 price. Since those are the shoes I wear I trotted along to the shop today and bought two pairs! image They are even different colours so I wont get bored. The ones I'm wearing at the moment still have some miles in them so I should be sorted now for 2012. 

Loula - it was colder today, but did my usual 5 miles in the dark this evening. But motivation is back and I'm bouncing *boing! boing! boing!*

• Have we heard from Gastank today? Just wondering if he'd recovered from his New Year party?
  • Blister hurt but I still managed 30 minutes of fartleks. Only 2.25 miles because I'm still rubbish at it.
  • mathschick, planks are really good for your abs but i always get the giigles doing planks and collapseimagelol im useless!!!! must try harder i think is my motto for this year!!

phantom i will think of you out running when i am glossing my nails and cuddling my hot cup of tea tomorrowimage.....

chili, yes it WAS much colder today but i am sooo excited about all of this year! my firend in the village has got out of the habit of running but she has offered to crew me in summer whn i do longer and longer runs by coming on her bike or running part of the way in trainingimagebless her,it will really help me!

• just heard Loula that i have a 7.30am appointment in the West End so no early run for me tomorrowimage

but enjoy your glossy nails and hotty teaimage and good news about your summer runny mate

• Well done ByEck.

Loula - that is really nice of her.

Phantom - are auditioning for a musical? If so I think we need photos image

And I've signed up to KK's monthly chalenge too image

•  its a kind of show Chili image but unfortunately nothing to do with showbiz.
  • The Phantom wrote (see)

just heard Loula that i have a 7.30am appointment in the West End so no early run for me tomorrowimage

but enjoy your glossy nails and hotty teaimage and good news about your summer runny mate

What for - The Phantom of the Opera?  Ahahahahhaa!  Sorry, couldn't resist.  Best of luck.  Doesn't sound like an 'Open' audition if you have an 'appointment'.  Open auditions are like cattlemarkets - you queue for ages and then get to sing a few bars of your song. image

I've never been in a proper West End Musical, but I have appeared at The West End!!  Twice - both one night shows.  Unpaid, but who cares when you're playing full houses in The London Palladium (had a nice bit of solo singing) and The Theatre Royal Drury Lane!  That's around 2000 people!!  If you're not terminally bitten by the bug after that, you're in the wrong business. image
  • OH has done RAH and snape maltings as well as several other theatres. My son's Godfather was in the proms twice this year. It got very noisy watching them as we kept 'Julian' spotting.
    Darling daughter has started vomiting so may not get a run for a couple of days, especially if little man gets the same thing. Oh well, I'm in this for the long run! image
  • erm im in the building game RR sorry.

i hope by'eck daughter feels better in the morning.and doesnt give it to anybody spec Moo

• Loula, any tips on dealing with my blister?the plaster rubbed and gave me a blister on top of the other blister.
  • Hi everyone,

And Happy New Year!!

Hello to all the new members and my old friends.I'm glad i found you all again.

I've been very ill for the last 5 days with the worst cold of my life.I'm not really over it yet,but work beckons tomorrow.I certainly won't be able to run for a few days.

AF well done on your difficult sounding race.That's the first CRAC result of 2012.Hopefully plenty more to come.

Tomorrows tune is a fast and furious one by my fave band of the moment.It's The Vaccines with 'Norgaard'.Guaranteed to lift the pace a bit.

• Happy new year DJ. Sorry you are feeling so rotten. Turkish Apple tea worked wonders for me.
  • Helloooooooo Just back from a lovely meal out with the family although I really need to stop eating rich and fatty foods.

Phew you guys have been very busy.

Not managed to run today and TBH was feeling so depressed this morning as foot seemed a bit sore and I could see no end to it. I know I have put some weight on because I cant get out and Run.

I did ice for 10 mins with a Bottle yesterday though and had hoped it was a miracle cure. Decided to get some insoles for when I walk in my normal shoes though as I reckon that is causing me a lot of the problem. I have noticed to night that foot seems a lot better so I am hopeful of a little plodette tomorrow. Have been taking Nurofen too and got some Glucosamine to see if that helps. I am wondering now if it is more the inflamation that is the problem rather than heel spurs. My firned who is looking at it on Thurs deals with soft tissue damage so she should have some idea.

D.J sorry you have been feeling poorly.Hope you recover soon.

• The Phantom wrote (see)

erm im in the building game RR sorry.

OK.  Sorry about that.  Being a performer, if I hear 'West End appointment', especially one so early, I automatically think 'audition', especially as most Open Auditions seem to be round about that time. image

Shame.  Imagine The Phantom auditioning for The Phantom. image

• limperlimper ✭✭✭
    I'm sure I'd be perfect for every role in the West End.
    I can't sing a note but I know ALL the words!!!

Howling gales down south today. Any running will have to be uni-directional only!
    I'm stuck at work all day though so might not get a chance to do so much as my measly-mile image

Hello DJ from one of the thread newbies. Hope you start feeling properly better soon. Be careful with the running if it's been a viral bug.

Have a good day everyone.
  • morning all ....RR I love the stage and miss my ballet dearlyimage....i too hear West end and just instantly yhink greasepaint,ballet shoes, tutu, dressing roomimage...mr llb and my mum and dad always laugh at me because right to this day i still say 'audition' when i mean 'interview' !! ;lol....i cant help it! spent so many years in front of stern dance examiners and audition panels the word is emblazoned on my mind!

The   Phantom wrote (see)
     its a kind of show Chili image but unfortunately nothing to do with showbiz.

ooooer phantom....sounds , erm, iffy?imageis it a builders convention aka fashion show? LOL

maybe you are better off NOT running this a.m -its horrid!!! brrr and wet n windy....the lights are flickering here, thinking a power cut imminenet. miss llb is going to be at mym mum and dads today whilst i work so we will be leaving at 8amimage

chili, glad you are in on the mileage challenge. WIB has overtaken me, and i'll prob drop off the leaderboad until the weekend now!

• by'eck re :the blister...remove plaster-add surgical spiritimagestings but wrksimage

DJ, hope you are feeling better...january will soon be over guys and spring awaits !!!

• Morning all!

Road runner - I can see you have the performing bug.  Are you working on anything at the moment?  What sort of stuff do you do?  I never did much before I got sucked into teaching but I did star in a one act opera called 'The Telephone' at the Purcell room on the South Bank (for one night only).  It's my claim to fame! I don't miss it though as I used to get very nervous.

DJ - Get well soon!  Thanks for the tune.

Ecky - Hope you get to the cause of your foot problem.  How annoying for you.

Limper - Take it easy at work.  Gales don't sound nice.

Chili - Well done on your bargain trainers and your 5 miles in the dark.

Loula - Nice of your friend to crew. 

Hi to everybody else!

Beautiful sunny day here but it started off very frosty.  Hubby is off up the mountains again to try to finish picking the olives before snow arrives.  He is really late this year but the olives are noticeably bigger than the ones he picked 3 weeks ago because we have had a bit of rain.  Most, if not all will be made into oil this year though, because they are smaller than usual (very dry summer and autumn).

Easy day for me as I lose 3 lessons - some classes are going to the cinema for a New Year treat. image  Hoping for a run tonight with hubby after work while kids are swimming.

Have a good day! xx

• Jude, the weather here is horrible - grey, wet and very windy. The trees are doing some proper dancing today. We still have lights but the electricity tends to disappear without warning.
    Loula, from ballet to pharmacy is a big career move. I guess you know lots of tricks for treating sore feet and bodies.
    No running for me today - weather and children. Hope those who are working have a good day and stay safe
  • Morning all,

Back at work today. Actually don't mind getting back to reality and earning some money and eating healthier food.

Weather is horrific down south today. May go out for a nifty 3.5 miler later today.

Have a good day.

• Morning.

Phew what horrible Weather. Thought I would try a little plod this Morning.I was going to do a 5 mile route but decided to cut it short.Good job I did because it poured it down.My shoosies are soaking and I must have weighed a few extra lbs with all the water.

I did manage just over 3 miles but I am very slow lately.Foot seemed OK still a little sore but not as bad as it was.I just need to get my Extra Christmas weight back off now and start training again.

Hope you get your run Jude.

Work for me today after 2 weeks off.I am too spoiled at Christmas.Oh well only a few more weeks then we have another week off.

Hi Limper  Loula R.R and A.F.

• Morning Folks.

Hi DJ and welcome back..glad you found us and sorry to hear your not feeling too good..Hope you feel better soon.

Well its hurricaine weather out there this morning...Alot of our main road bridges have been closed due to overturned lorries....lamposts coming down on other roads...erm i am not looking forward to walking to work later..hope it calms down by then...has been going on for hours now.....

AF...Hope you get out for your nifty run later...Did you get your doctors appointment?????

Loula...back at work for you too...hope its not too busy for you....

Hi Chili....we still have lots of sweets,cheese and things to tempt us in the house too.....

Ecky..Glad ou enjoyed your meal...i do hope you get your foot sorted out...sounds painful.

Hi Jude...Enjoy your easy day at work.

Phantom..Hope you get out for your run tomorrow.

Hi Byeck,Limper,Mathschick,Gastank............and all.............Have a good day............

• Hi Ecky............crossed posts............Hope work not too bad for you after your 2 weeks off....
  • morning all

last day off for me so had a nice lie in - ruined a bit by the kids arguing! Anyway, OH back at work, so I am planning on going to the gym for some cross training when he gets back.

byeck - hope daughter is better, there is nothing worse than puking!

eckythump - you have my sympathy with the foot problems, I am also getting down about not running much. despite not running for 3 weeks it seems to have got worse and is hurting in places where it didn't hurt before. In a way I am wishing I had just ignored the initial swelling and carried on as normal, but the sensible part of me knows that that would have been silly - the swelling was obviously caused by something!

weather dreadful here too, stay safe everyone

• Yes, puking children tend not to give much warning or have any kind of aim. Looks like it was a one off so she can still go to school tomorrow image
    I have been trying to have a small tidy up whilst the children qre otherwise occupied. I wish I still worked. Life was far easier!!! (Ha!)
    Franny, my Godmother is on the Isle of Arran and she says it is horrendous. Luckily she keeps a well stocked larder and doesn't go out in this weather.
    I think i will skip today's short run...
  • mitiogmitiog ✭✭✭
    Hello image Can't decide between coffee and walnut or carrot cake with cream cheese frosting. Not posted on this thread before but if you're letting me eat cake....

Trying to get my mileage up to 30-40 mpw for Spring marathon (Edinburgh). So that's my "little bit furhter" for 2012.

mitiog
  • Welcome mitiog!

Excellent cakes.  Good luck for your marathon training.

Just a quickie though as I have a lesson.

BFN