Just a little bit further 2012

Comments

• Ha ha!  My new sign is up - that's my current state. image

I'm not working on anything right now Jude, but I think I might have a little fish around in the Amateur world and see what shows are coming up.  It's about time I went on stage again. image

• Afternoon All

Welcome mitiog.....Good luck for your marathon training I to am doing Edinburgh..will be my 3rd time....I wanna be faster this year LOL thats my bit further for 2012

Made it to work in one piece...the wind and storm seems to have passed its worst...thank goodness..it was scary.....

Hope everyone else is safe and sound.

• AAAAAAAARGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH...I just typed a post and it all vanished!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

welcome mitiog and if you have any tips and training hints i need anything i can get! i am a total noooobie at it and slow as a slothimage

BOSS !! have you been today? you know what i mean? *wags finger sternly*

phantom, hope you wernt pining too much after missing this a.ms run?

franny..hope you are safe up there!! my goodness how awful its been here too...managed not to get blown away/soaked/drenched etc.....and you will be fine on YOUR mara my friendimage

• Hello Loula...........you are so not slow as a sloth......you are speedy galimage

The Boss ain't been on since earlier..lets hope he has an appiontment set up....we will not let it rest until we know will we ?

• i get slower as the distance goes up franny !! lol...image

yes , the Boss will not have peace until we have intervened with our medical know-howimage

• Loula, franny, what if the boss doesn't want to tell us.
  • Loula...I too get slower as the distances go up.image
  • Hello all image now fully recovered from New Year Party excess! Spent the rest of new years day resting, and yesterday weather and traffic resulted in a 8.5 hr drive home from Cornwall which normally only takes 4.5hrs!!!

Today spending last day with family as all goes back to normal tomorrow image, will see how weather is before deciding on whether i'm running or going to the gym tomorrow

Hope everyone is doing well and keeping safe with this horrid weather!
  • Back from 5.35 miles with hubby and kids swimming.  Lots of christmas cards arrived today - better late than never!  Our minimalist decorations are still up, so we've put the new cards up too - strange!!

Gonna jump in the shower.

x

• FrannyT wrote (see)
    Loula...I too get slower as the distances go up.image
    .......and as my age goes upimage

Jude Yazicilar wrote (see)

Back from 5.35 miles with hubby and kids swimming.  Lots of christmas cards arrived today - better late than never!  Our minimalist decorations are still up, so we've put the new cards up too - strange!!

Gonna jump in the shower.

x

jude you are having extended christmas!!!image

gastank, have you thought anymore about NDW50? im thinking i may need someone to give me a piggyback at some points...image

• Welcome home Gastank.

Welcome Mitiog to the CRAC team. Great to have you join us.

Ecky image sending you hugs since you seem very down.

Yes, it's back to normal tomorrow for us too. School holiday time is deffinitely getting easier now my girlies are a bit bigger, and we've had a lovely time, but I'm looking forward to them being in school tomorrow.... although I'm not so keen on the alarm going off at 7am.

No running for me today and I'm really pleased because the weather has been atrocious (sp?). Hope if clears up a bit tomorrow. Hubby and I are going ice-skating together once the girls are at school. He likes skating but I haven't been for years so am hoping I'll not fall over too much. 

Jude - I've got you 5 decorations. Quite nice ones - or at least I think so. I'd like them on my tree, so I hope you like them too. I don't really do shopping but I'm keeping an eye out for another week or so and then I'll send them. At least you'll have them nice and early for next year. image

• chili...im kinda stealing your idea but hope you dont mind...Judes tree will be bigger by this christmas...so..hows about we all send her a decoration for her tree inTurkey and she can then send us a nice pic ike she did this time on RW so we can see.....and a little bit of CRAC TEAM will live in Bursaimageand Jude will feel a little bit closer to us all and vice versa...in fact she could hang them on it all year !!!!

• maybe we could send a tree dec that we think represents us.....image so Jude will have us all on her tree....poor woman LOLimage

....Its ok jude you dont HVE to have our ugly mugs on the treeimage christmas time only if you prefer

• Welcome Mitiog 

Jude well done on getting out today- I suspect that you may have been the only one out running today.

I have been naughty & haven't yet made a dr's appointment.........I do feel fine.......but, am getting nagged by Mrs AF & you lot.......I am a typical man who doesn't like going to the Dr's.....

Anyway that is my confession and I don't know whether to go or not.

No running for me today,but, am now working from home tomorrow so will get out then.

Bye for now........  

• Chili - you really are very kind.  Thank you!  I'm sure they are lovely and they'll be special coz they are from youimage

Loula - you made me laugh! but that's very sweet of you too!  Thank you for thinking of meimage 

AF - It's a bit cold here but apart from that perfect running weather, not even a breeze.  Please make a doctor's appointment, even if it's just to keep us all quiet!

• AF - it is not normal to pass out and fit! Go to the dr - make the appointment tomorrow, you must get checked out.

well done to anyone that got out in the horrible weather. I had a good session at the gym. Back to work tomorrow so had to spend the afternoon planning lessonsimage. Must get the alarm set to get up early for a run before work. ankle still not good, but I am pretty sure running isn't making worse, going to keep the mileage down and be sensible though

• I got well and truly caught by one of the worst rain showers I've ever been in on the way back home from the shops.  I don't think I've ever had such a drenching before!
  • Wow, lots and lots of posts today. Welcome anyone who hasn't posted before.
    Jude, I would send you some Christmas cake, but I'm not sure it would travel very well. my parents had some to take to my Grandad but it never arrived.
    AF, I think you should set us norty runners a good example. Drs aren't that scary really. My daughter normally interrogates them about their qualifications and experience before allowing them to examine her image
    Well done to anyone who ventured out and stayed upright!
  • Hi all,

Well that weather was fun wasn't it.I nearly drove into a fallen tree on the way to work.I just managed to keep control of the car as i swerved around it.Later in the morning the rain was literally sideways and it was like the middle of the night at mid day.An hour later it was beautiful sunshine and a gentle breeze.Weird.

Tomorrows tune is Christopher Cross and 'Ride Like The WInd'' from 1981.Or if you like it a bit heavier you can listen to Saxon's 1988 cover version.

Still very under the weather and i fear that most of January will be taken up with recovering.I will aim for a racing comeback in early spring,maybe with a late spring HM before i prepare to focus on Autumn's marathon. 

• AF, i rarely visit Drs because of illness but i see them everyday at work and they are fab..in fact its still my deepest ambition to be a Dr.image if i win the lottery then i have promised myself to try and get through med school. i am absolutely fascinated by medicine and pharmocology..i am a nightmare watching any medical documentaries or dramas as im always trying to fathom out whats wrong with them before they say it! lol...then i'll be saying to mr llb 'see ,see ,i was right 'image....i even take the BNF to bed...image Franny will know what that isimage...anyway, on my last trip to the Drs we ended up talking about ultras!!! his daughter had done london-brighton ultra last year...he wished me all the best with it but did say if i ever came to him and mentioned i was doing MDS he would promptly refer me to a physchiatristimage...so you see AF, you may get some running chats out of your GP
  • DJ - I like the tune image So pleased you're posting them again. I'm not very musical and my knowledge is appauling, so I go find them on You Tube and get to listen to music I would never hear otherwise.
  • I like the 1991 east side beat version, it's a dance version and reached number 2 in the charts...
  • limperlimper ✭✭✭
    Evening and goodnight!

I've tried to catch up with all today's nattering on here, but there's such a lot of it!

Hello mitiog.

AF - did you actually fit or just pass out and roll your eyes a bit and look weird? Just asking because a faint can look pretty scary to someone not used to them and it could have just been a drop in Bp after a hot bath? I'm not saying don't go to the GP << ducks barrage from Loula, Franny et al >> I'm just trying to be reassuring that maybe it was nothing too significant.

My doc isn't a runner but my dentist is. She thinks it reasonable to expect me, as a distance runner, to access my endorphins when she wants to do root canal work. I wish I'd never told her that I run - I want drugs, drugs and more drugs when it comes to dental treatment. Forget the endorphins, bring out the pethidine!
  • Good Morning ALL...Not as windy as yesterday thank goodness.

Phantom..you will most probably be out pounding the streets by now... and think mathschick was going out early for arun to...Hope you both enjoyed.

Limper...tut tut..you'd better hide...me and Loula are a comin to find you.....lol Know what you mean about fainting but I still think he is best to get checked over even if its to please Mrs AF and us girls on here...image have a good day..

DJ....Hope you feel better soon.....Lovin the song of the day being backimage

Hi Chilli,Loula,Ecky,AF,Gastank,RR,Byeck...and all.

I will hopefully be running later at running club...hill repeats tonight..wonderfulimage

Hope everyone has agood day.

• Oh and Loula...you'd be better snuggling up with Dean rather than the BNF...LOL

• morning allimage...oo yes i like the 90s version too of ride like the wind, i was just at secondary school then so remember it from the discos lol..goo to have you back DJimageWE WILL NEED LOTS OF FUNKY TOONS!

limper that made me smile about the endorphinsimage....quite amusing tht your dentist thinks you can suddenly 'access' your endorphins lol

franny, yes we will search out the boss today..(i bet he hasnt gone tut)

phantom im cuddling my cuppa, have a lovely run. at least no rain todayimage

franny hope you have good club run, i DID have Dean in bed last night wiv me and not the BNF this time. book was fab and i promised to let you borrow Dean.....as long as you  are not rough with him and treat him nicely...i dont want him returned with bent partsimageimage.......image

• Argh!back to school today. Little miss is so organised. She was up at 7, washed and dressed.OH got home late last night so I'm walkng about like zombie.
    Hoping to go for a run tonight but i'll need to find a spotty teenager prepared to babysit. If Monday was speedwork, what should I be doing tonight?
  • good mornng guysimage

I hope de boss doesnt tell you girls off too muchimage

Back from my scheduled run.2 miles easy 4x400m speed interval(but honestly not too fast) then 2 miles easyimage Nice day out there compared to yesterday.

Have lovely not too stressful day friends.

• OK you lt and Mrs AF win..................I have made a Dr's appointment,but, it isn't unitil next Tuesday morning....

Well done on your run Phantom-I am trying to incorperate more speedwrokd into my training and doing 100m or so sprints during my runs. I will be telling the girls off if they keep posting pictures of men up on this thread!!!!!

DJ- Keep posting the tune I remeber the Christopher Cross one and will look up the other versions.I hope that you get back to running soon.

byeck-Hope you get out for a run. I am afraid I am not very good at following schedules I just fo with the flow when it comes to running.

LLB- I saw that book abour Dean whats his name in Waterstones it looks an interesting read. How does it comapre to Born to Run?

Franny- Enjoy your hill repeats. I am hopefully going to be doing a 11.5 hilly run on the Downs next Sunday. 

Much nicer day and got out and knocked out a 6.6 mile run in about 52 minutes so happy with that-still a tad achey from Sundays epic.

Hi to Limperr,Chilli,Ecky,Gastank,Mathschick et all...

• Afternoon folks.

AF..so pleased you have put the doctors appt on....Oh my another speedy run for you..well done.

Byeck...i hoe you can persuade someone to babysit so as you can get out for your run.

Loula...I pwomis not to bend your precious Dean..lol..

Phantom..well done on your speedy run repeats today...you are a superstar....

Hi again to everyone else.....