How do a plan my training?

So, I'm planning an ultra bimble later this year.  The timing kind of depends on how the next couple of months go, given that I spent December with pneumonia and I'm only back out running since christmas eve.  It'll either be at the end of May or end of October.

The run is 3 days, day 1= 47.2km, day 2= 47.9km, day 3= 20.1km (but has to be completed by 10am)  I'm intending it to be a walk/run and its about completing the distances as a personal challenge, not about times at all.  I'm carrying all my own kit.

I've been running 5 years, pre-pneumonia was running 15-20m per week, up to 10m in longest run, can get back up to HM distance reasonably painlessly.

So, how do I go about planning my training?  Where do I aim for in my longest runs?  What about putting them back to back?  Should I be doing my long runs as a walk/run, given that I'll be doing the bimble that way?

Are there any good books about?  I like a good book...  Otherwise, if you have any experience, please point me in the right direction!

Comments