Just a little bit further 2012

Comments

• Do you enjoy spinning Mathschick? I went a couple of times and found it torture. I'd rather sit on an exercise bike and cycle whilst watching my husband try to sew.
  • this will be the fourth time I have gone, and no, I can't say I enjoy it, but I think it is a good workout and makes me do something a bit different to running. The saddle is particularly uncomfortable! I have never really enjoyed any kind of 'exercise class' - I think I like being on my own! I also hate the music they play at these things..... oh, sounds like I am talking myself out of it! Well, I am going to give it a go and see, while my mileage is lower it is good for me to do it I think, but I do find myself clock watching and counting down for the end! If that continues by the end of the month I'll just go to the gym instead.

Am hoping that when my ankle is totally sorted I will start doing parkruns on Saturdays, maybe next week if this weeks mileage goes well...

• No loulabell this morningimage i hope her cold hasnt gone full blownimage
  • She is probably still out on her run. She usually leaves quite early but goes for ages and ages and ages..........
  • Morning.

Been Lurking as still not running.

I have decided to ring Docs on Mon and am going to go Boxing Swimming and ycling to keep my fitness up. Im bak on my Slimming World diet so I dont put all ym weight back on.

Hope everyone has a good Weekend.

• take it easy Eckyimage

Wishing you and all at Ecky mansions betterimage

• Ecky, I shocked myself how quickly I put weight back on but managed to lose 1kg this week. Hope the docs ares sympathetic and help
  • Thanks Phantom. I will behave I promise image. Its just sooooooo frustrating though. I hope our likkle Loula is OK too.

I hope so too By Eck. He is a nie Doctor though.I will just be honest and tell hime that if I dont run you will be having to pay for my councelling .lol.

• helloooooooooooooooooooooo*boings in *    -honey im hooooome!!

i had a lickle lie in and went for my run about 8:45 today and allowed myself  to do just over 10miles...and no more on frannys advice. felt fine and went very easy , was 1hr 30ish...feel better now,bit croaky but am okimage

phantom, i think your cloak would be superb swishing about on a night run lol...glad you got out for a run. you are doing brill hilly!!!! thats right near my house, i can see the hill if i stand outside!!!.....shall i meet you there and do it too?image

crikey i cant keep up either with the postsimage

chili, i think im being a tad over keen with the 100miler...its that or comrades i reckonimage.....the south downs mara sounds fab...but its a saturday isnt it and miss llb has dancing , also by that time in june there could be shows/exams they are doingimage.....

ecky((((((((((((hugs))))))))))))))))))))))....glad you have some alternative training to do though...and tht you are seeing Dr

AF, boss, i have behaved today and done lower mileageimage

• phantom, the brill hilly is a very nice run. last year it was much like todays weather, bit breezy but not too cold. about 150 enyrants i think, if that and there was a nice medal at the end. HQ was in the cricket club and then everyone has to walk about 0.5mile to the windmill for a downhill start. finish is back at HQ , where you can have a pint afterwardsimage...kids race on too which miss llb did whilst the 10k was on.after the downhill it evens out and winds around the small villages, the end is the tricky part, its about a full1.5mile uphill...and i mean UPhillimage most people ended up walking as it was quicker lol...then as you get to the crest of the hill, it flattens out again into the village for the last mile to the finishimagei think i have a pic somewhere......
  • ecky, glad you have made a dr appointment. Have you tried seeing a podiatrist or a physio? I know they are not cheap, but even if your dr refers you (and mine didn't though he told me it would be useful) you will still be waiting for ages to see one on the nhs I think. Well, see what the dr says, but if you can afford it I would go to a pod and a physio - but try the pod first.

Actually, almost found myself enjoying the spinning today, and went up to the gym and did 3K on the rower and then some weights afterwards, so feeling very pleased with my cross training! Could feel that I should have taken a snack or some sports drink with me though, as muscles were feeling slightly shaky, so treated myself to a tracker bar before showering and coming home.

loula - well done on managing to hold yourself back and doing lower mileage today - you will be glad of it when you do the marathon! Just wish I could do 10 miles in an hour and a half! Will that ever happen? Was there a time when you lot were as slow as I am? My best 10k time this year was 1:18 and my half marathon time in Dec was 2:50 (mind you it was very hilly!). Do you think I will ever see a sub 60 10K and sub 2:30 or even less HM?

the times don't bother me too much, but it would be nice not to be right at the back all the time! (OK, I was nowhere near the back at the race for lifeimage)

• That sounds great Loulaimage More hill runs first for me i thinkimageill buy you a pink gin cocktail afterimage

I was worried that you had been sideswiped by your cold so v happy that you were out running and all boing boingimage

• phantom , have jst been looking for pics frm tht hill run, not many as it was the first one last year....if you google it there are some views frm the start i found my time from last year-57mins.but it was good fun...blimey..gin? dont think ive EVER tried itimage

sorry i didnt log in this a.m and say i was off out, but it was hijacked my missy lol

mathschick, you wil DEF do sub 60 for a 10k. i think my first 10k was 1hr 10 or something...you will soon be knocking the time off just you wait..image

• Loula, phantom was very concerned that you were poorly. So glad you got out for a reasonable run. Does anyone else use something like slimfast as recovery drink? It's on bogof at Superdrug at the moment.giving it a try as other drinks are getting expensive. I only use recovery stuff after runs over an hour.
    Anyone doing the mileage challenge? I have a question. I took Moo for a walk in his pushchair at a quick pace. (just a bit slower than my lsr pace) Can I use this towards my miles?
  • Afternoon all..

Gosh what alot of posts..you have all been very busy and well done to those who have managed  to get a run in...

Gold star for Loula......doing your 10 miles....well done....

No running for me today...feeling a bit whacked...so just went for a lovely woodland walk of 4 miles with hubby.....was very cold and windy but sunny......image Got club run tomorrow which will involve a few hills/mountains....6miles or so....

Byeck...I tend to have chocolate milk as my recovery drink or an sis recovery sachet.....Glad your feeling much better.

Ecky...so pleased you are going to get your foot seen to ...lets hope they can shed some light on the situation....ypur boxing will certainly keep up your fitness levels.

Have a good day everyone....

• How did all the park runners get on?
    Mathschick, as you do more speedwork and tempo runs your time will improve. There is nothing wrong with being a steady runner. Some days I wish i were quicker but other times I remind myself that I run because I like gettin out and having time to myself.usually, the competitive part pushes ne to do the speedwork even when it's horrible outside
  • Well guys and dolls....image I gave myself a push and went out and did 3.91 miles this afternoon in 34 mins.....image
  • Woo-hoo,well done franny. Is it still blowy there?
  • yeah ByEck...its breezy in parts...the Bupa edinburgh cross country has just been on bbc 2...lovely views of edinburgh...if its repeated you should all try and see it...golly some of them well all of them are fast...a 3 k was done in just over 9 mins...now that is speedy...LOL
  • My friend and I were watching it and laughing at the description of it as a X-country course. It is very flat compared to our local runs. She is working her way from being a walker to a jogger/runner.
    I agree it was well worth watching. Absolutely beautiful views and very quick times. I liked watching their technique.I think I screw my shoulders up too much.
  • Afternoon all,

Yes I saw the Edinburgh X Country-what a bunch of wimps they are! I am sure we go through a lot more mud and puddles on our runs.

Well done Franny,LLB etc who have been for runs today....I have been taking it easy before I do battle with the South Downs tomorrow...hopefully a hilly 11.5 miler... then a nice slow cooked Sausage Cassarole that I have prepared for lunch......

Ecky-Really hope you get your foot sorted......Due to your injury you can misbehave with LLB this evening ........

The kind boss...........take care.
  • image......Ecky we have green light from da boss....GO GO GO.....all alerts out to lil'ampton...!! franny? chili? by'eck? wanna be norty wiv us on the vino?????????image

i had a nice wander around town after lunch and miss llb bought some bookies  with her xmas money. i looked for some DK books but to no avail...i dont think ultras are a 'well known' sport over hereimage....will have to pop on amazon later ..

aw, phantom, thank you for your concern...very sweetimagei feel a bit better today , not as rubbish as yesterday. had more slepp and a lie in so i think it did me good.

franny, i missed the xc as i was at my mum and dads. i have seen it before and there was snow on groundimage

by'eck, im in the mile challenge and so is franny, um, pushchair jog/walk? i dunno, you will have to ask Bruce or KK , they are the adjudicators i think lol

• Boss, i have been a good girl today-honest!! ans i even ran a bit faster for 1.5 mile and did that speedywork thingyimage
  • I bought a running book today- Feet in the clouds by Richard Askwith which is about fell running. They had the Dean books in Waterstones,he looks very similar to me I thought, but didn't want to spend £10 on a paperback. An Amazon job sometime.

LLB- I try and do a bit of speedwork during my solo runs but often forget!! 

What is a tempo run?  

Well this is my last post probably until after lunch you can all go CRAZY!!!!!!!!!image  

• AF, if you want to run a 10 mile race in 1:30:00 you would do some of your training runs at 9 minute miles. It's simply a way of saying to run at the pace you want to run your race at.
    why do I never get dispensation to be norty?
  • Alistair Fitzgerald wrote (see)

They had the Dean books in Waterstones,he looks very similar to me I thought,

LLB- I try and do a bit of speedwork during my solo runs but often forget!! 

Well this is my last post probably until after lunch you can all go CRAZY!!!!!!!!!image  

AF, i think you and i are the only pair who are absolutely useless at all the run terminology!image i just dont remember what it means-or to do it! hopeless! i just....erm....RUN image.....seems to work this one foot in front of the other business , so i'll just keep at it LOL..

Boss, yes , im sure you and Dean look like twins-im not doubting for a secondimage

enjoy your sausage casserole Bossimage

• loulabell wrote (see)

/members/images/531201/Gallery/8.jpg

/members/images/531201/Gallery/289.jpg

..............................................DEAN KARNAZES.......................................
    AND..................................
  • byeck-Go Wild with the other ladies & enjoy.

So If I want to do a 1/2 marathon in 1.40 I just run at the required pace. Sounds simple- can cope with that.

Right definetly off now Sausage Cassrole is for tomorrow.MeatLoaf tonight- which I love. When I prepare it I always put my favourite album on Bat out of Hell by Meattloaf and sing relly loudy and badly....Mrs AF doesn't like my singing however!!

• /members/images/531201/Gallery/dean_0.jpg

/members/images/531201/Gallery/images_5.jpg

........................................................THE BOSS !!......................................image