Just a little bit further 2012

Comments

• YES BOSS....i can see the similarities.......like your red shortsimageimage
  • im supposed to be logging off to make a cuppa for mr llb.......but im just lingering over Dean a mo longer........droooooooooooooolllllllllllllllllllllimage....im in image
  • Little miss hilly likes the look of all the pictures image we're thinkin of doing the parkrun as a family next week. Anything I should know?
  • evening all

loula  it is very comforting to know that you were once as slow as I am - especially as you are obviously in a totally different league now, with the ultras.

Once I have had a few weeks of steady running, I am going to start having tempo runs and hill reps - think I will alternate weeks with to start with. I need the hill reps as the sussex course is pretty hilly. I try to make sure that I normally run on undulating routes so that I am not always on the flat though, which is going to help

well, thinking about watching a dvd tonight - might be 28 days later -  I am going through a phase of want to watch horror films!

eldest son has been on the treadmill at the gym - says he has been jogging at 9km/h whch is good. Youngest wants to come and do a fun run when I go to a race - I think there might be one at sussex - that'll keep them busy while I am plodding

• Evening lovely folk.

Well done Loula for your run and it's good to hear you're not coming down with a cold.

We did parkrun this morning. My two eldest daughters and I and it was brilliant. Yet again we had over 40 runners! We've only been going 11 weeks so this is really good. And there were some kids... and another family for the first time image Best of all my No.2 girl set a new PB. She blasted the one from Christmas Eve by over a minute! It was 33.32 and today she ran 32.25! image It is sooo much fun. 

Byeck - just make sure you register on the website and your daughter if she's running too. Then take your barcode with you cos it will need to be scanned in at the end. I've always found it really friendly and the marshalls will cheer you along wonderfully. Some parkruns have a cafe where everyone grabs a coffee afterwards which can be a good way of getting to know folk.

Am sooooo tired. After parkrun it was straight home to pack a picnic, drop hubby at the station (cos he had lectures in London today) and then we went to a local wildlife park. The girls had won a prize of preparing cardboard crackers and going into the Meerkat enclosure to feed them. They also got free entry to the rest of the park. Was great fun. My No3 daughter is very scared of animals (no idea where she got that from image) but she did go into the enclosure and didn't scream or squeal so I'm really proud of her.

• Okay, Loula, I do have to admit that those pictures are rather good.... both of Dean and the Boss image
  • Chili - sounds like  a great day for the kids! Feeding the meercats must have been fun. And really well done for the daughter that is scared of animals. They can pick up these fears from anywhere...

great parkrun times from your girls too - how old are they?

• OH is even thinking of coming, though we may have to take it in turns to run because of Moo.
    Chili, it's great that your daughters are enjoying it and posting such competitive times. Do they compete against each other or do they accept age makes a big difference.
  • mathschick, i really am NOT fast, or any kind of good runner..honest. just cos im doing ultras doesnt mean im fast lol...im even slower actually!!...i think mara or ultra just require a certain mindset-thats allimage nothing great. and if you have the 'want' inside you to do any distance ...then you will do it , just you wait n see. i have faith in you!

chili, your girls are getting good at this run malarkyimage....yes, im very tempted to print off those pics of Dean.or do i mean bossimage..and put thm on the fridge as inspiration

by'eck...little miss by eck LIKES Dean too??!!

• just noticed on those 2 pics that although he has on diff colour shorts, the pose is EXACTLY the same, in the same background!! i think someone has digitally changed his shorts and omitted the drink bottleimage.....shame they didnt omit his shorts too-imageimageimage
  • They've also messed with his left arm imageyes, my daughter has an appreciation of the human form. She also does dancing and I think I will have trouble when she gets a bit older. image
    I am hoping for another run tomorrow to push me further up the board.
    Loula, what mischief can we get up to in the absence of the boss?
  • *runs in very fast* Wohoooooooo permission to be Baaaaaaad. Loula I got me bag ready image
  • The shadows are different and the back foot is higher.

Mathschick - I have four girls. My eldest is 9. She's as thin as a rake, a highly strung and sensitive girl who over thinks everything. We started running 2 years ago cos she is also high energy and wanted to run. She can be fast, but doesn't have much mental strength. However she talks about running in the Olympics all the time.

My twins are 8 (16mths between the three). It's the eldest twin who runs. She has a slightly chunkier form and is not a natural runner and has had to work quite hard to get up to 5k. But now she has, she loves it. She is mentally much stronger than my eldest and once she decides to do something will persevere. 

They don't really compete with each other at parkrun. My big girl is fastest and over 1 mile can get a good time. But neither of them like running 5k on their own, so the 3 of us run it together image It's becoming what we 'do'. And it is wonderful - we are building such fantastic memories and I love it. Next week I am race director and the girls will either help out with the tokens or might run with another lady we've become friendly with and goes the same pace.

My younger twin and 4yr old Smidge come along to cheer and help with the tokens. They are very much part of the parkrun family as is my hubby who puffs along at the very back and sometimes manages 1 1/2 miles.

• chili - sounds great. Gosh - 4 girls must be hardwork. So lovely that they enjoy the running with you. Not sure mine could manage 5k, and I know OH would not join in!! Youngest is 7 and wants to have a go, but I think he would just want to run as fast as possible and not last long! Mind you, he does play football, and he really impressed me today when he showed me how he can do press-ups!
  • chili..i just examined again...shame i had to it but someones got toimage..and i saw the shadow too and the shadow from his hand is different...facial expression slighlty different too..maybe they just got him to run wearing diff stuff etc....does look scarily similar pose thoughimage

heck ive just been reading through the info notes for my mara....im terrified now as i read that there is a 5hr cut off, which i knew but it also says that anyone who hasnt done the 2nd lap by 2:15pm (so in 3hr45mins) will be pulled off and directed to the finish!!image its not well explained in distance but as i read it the first loop is what they call the big loop of 11.5miles then 2 subsequent ones of 7miles...so im thinking i gotta do 18.5miles by 2:15pm...thats ok because im managing 20miles in 3hr25ish....if its anymore thn that then im gonna be stuffedimage!!!!!!!!!!!!! helpppppppppppppppppp

• Loula - take a deep breath..... and relax. You will be great. You will easily get in for under 5 hrs and thus you will make the cut off the loops. Just remember to stay steady pace at the beginning cos you don't want to burn up at 13 miles and slow to a crawl.

And we will be there to cheer you on! image And there will be cake in CRAC Towers for when you're finished.

Mathschick - my girlies are very hard work. They never stop talking and require a lot of emotional energy. But they are great kids. Very bright, friendly and well behaved ... although I admit I really long for peace and 'alone time' on a daily basis.

• chili....*breeeeathhhhe*image.....am panicking a bit now....ok, a LOT!!!....i know i will scrape in under 5 hours but im just needing clarification about making the cut off by 3hr45min point..they havnt exactly said at what mile you have to be by what time before they pull you off route!.....

chili, miss llb is a chatterbox and quite a busy beeimage goodness knows whre she gets all that fromimage....its questions questions, chatter chatter all day long, either that or very loud singing ala x FACTOR LOL

mmmm i will need LOTS of cakey after tht mara.....whatever time i do it in image

• Morning all!

Just read through all your posts........!!!! You were busy yesterday!

I'm at home today after all as my little one is quite ill with a temperature, sore throat and no appetite.  His aunty was looking after him yesterday while we were at the swimming competition with my middle son and we didn't know until we got home how ill he was.  I felt a bit guilty.  So hubby has gone with middle son today.  Yesterday's competition was fun.  My boy swam really well in his 2 races (25m freestyle and the relay) and his team came 2nd in the relay.  He is not as gifted as my daughter and also isn't as ambitious so we weren't expecting any great wins but he really enjoyed himself and amazingly managed to knock 3 seconds off his personal best time!  He even phoned his sister up at her sleepover to tell her, he was sooo proud. 

Anyway, no run for me today and I only managed a pathetic 1.79 miles yesterday in a break in the competition.  I am also doing the January miles challenge so I'm a bit frustrated I can't get out for a run!  Little one is a very good patient though, bless him.  It is nasty weather here though: rainy, windy and getting colder so I'm going to snuggle down with my baby and a hot chocolate I think.

Have a good run today AF and anyone alse who is venturing out. 

BFN 

• hi jude, aw sorry to hear little one isnt well...thats fab though abt your sons swimming coming along wellimageand the point is he enjoys it....its brilliant when they really get into something and its the best feeling whn they are so chuffed with themselvesimage

well its grey here too and damp. mr llb is first out of door today for a run. he is building up his mileage again now aa he is doing MILTON KEYNES marathon in April-his first one!...he has done quite a bit this week inc an 11miler thursday, and doing 7 today. hang on -i should get him doing the miles challenge!!!......

i may go out for a run later too...just a lickle one......

*crawls around hallway looking for remnants of last nights outfit*

Ecky, i fink i fell off my shoozies last night in lil 'ampton and left em on the busimage.....shall i ring the nice policeman .......again...image

• morning allimage

only a 3 mile  slow run for me today.bit further next week and up to 6 miles week threeimage

Your family runs sound brill Chli so nice.

Wish your yougest better Jude enjoy the hot chocky and cuddles and its great they all love to swim.

I love the fact that you girls can appreciate the Dean's human form and thought processes involved when posing for an action shot whilst still pervingimage

I dont think youll have any worries about being cut off in yourmarathon Loula..you can run those times blindfolded.

Good luck AF and have great morning everybodyimage

• hope eveyone gets a run in todayimage 

phantom, did you make it back from football?

• x-post phantomimageimage

aw, thank you, i must admit i am worrying slighty about it. have read some reviews frm last year and it seems ok, there are a few hills which no doubt will slow me down but hopefully its not too bad. will just hve to go for it and not fret too muchimage

good run again phantom...you will soon be on 10k distance and pushing for timesimage

• thats exactly wht we were doing phantom....scrutinising the shot of DK for airbrushing etc...in a techinical way of course...(im sure most of him is airbrushed and perma tanned) unlike you CRAC lads who are au naturelimage
  • Morning folks....

Just a quickie post before I go for my club run in the Pentland Hills which i feel i have to say are mountains after them showing that x country course in Holyrood park which i have to agree was not really x country at all...plenty hills/trails routes that are much more x country than that...I expect that today i will be running through mud,puddles ice and snow etc......hopefully won't come across the latter...image

Aw Jude hope your little oe is feeling better and that you get out a run soon.

AF...meant to say brill pics of your race.....and oh yes I can see the dean likenessimage

hellooooooo loula........you running today???

• hi franny....i may go out for a little bimble yes...mr llb at church and did his run so i will have to wait for him to get back. have to pop to shops and start miss llbs homework topic for this term AND finish her xmas thank you letters....so will prob only be a short run if i do so. wow, your club run sounds fun! i really wish i could find a trail route around here too...image

AFs pics were pretty good wernt they?

• morning all, managed 6 miles today, but not exactly pain-free, so worried now about being able to build up for the marathon

loula - you will be fine with that cut-off! My last hm, they said there was a 2:30 cut off time and then the marshals etc wouldn't be there, I knew I wouldn't make it in that time, but actually the marshals were all there and there was no problem! The finish line was still there too - thank goodness!

If you are worried and need to know in terms of distance etc, why not try emailing? I am sure they will be able to give you the info to put your mind at rest.

phantom - well done!

Jude - hope the little one is ok

hello to everyone else

• Pst, loula, is the boss around?
    Google jez bragg image
  • Well, hubby and son got back just before midday (Turkish time).  Son swam 2 more races this morning and got PBs in both, plus he came 4th in one of them (25m breast stroke) so he is thrilled! Middle boy then joined little one on the sofa (little one much better though) and hubby was willing to take over nursing duties so I sneeked out for a quick 6 miles (well actually it wasn't that quick!image)

Mathschick - well done on your 6 miles but it must be worrying you about the pain. Take it easy, can you put your feet up for the rest of the day?

Franny - Enjoy your mountain run! Sounds wonderful.

By'Eck - Can I google Jez too please?

Phantom - Sorry it's probably a stupid question but why is your LSR shorter than your nomal runs?

Loula - Enjoy your run and good luck with your daughter's homework.  I'm hoping my daughter has managed to do her homework at her friend's house.  I don't fancy helping her when she gets back this evening and we really need to do another music practice too.image

• Hey By'eck! Yes Jez is very interesting but I can't find any shirtless pictures......?
  • Helloooooooo folks.....I am back from my run in the pentland hills...Phew what a climb..was very muddy in parts...knee deep at bits  so was a lovely colour when i got home......lol...no ice or snow thank goodness..we covered 5.85 miles in all but it felt more what with all the slipping and sliding......very enjoyable tho and was great to meet the club members in the daylight....there ended up being 30 of us...

Loula...you would love this running club..there is always someone organising a run somewhere particlularly the ultra runners of the club...who are always venturing far a field.....Good luck wiv the homework and hope you get out for an ickle run later.

Jude..so pleased you got out for your 6 miles and i bet it was quick....

Mathschick..thats not so good about your foot..you need to rest up now and possibly not run tomorrow to give it a rest.

Hi to everyone else..hope you all have a good day.