PSOF Championships 2012

Comments

• Seren I cannot believe you are still getting in that river! image

Bike for me today and for once it looks almost pleasant out. I'd better get out there quick!

• I can't belive you're still swimming in the river either!  Fair play!

• Just signed up for a 5k pool Swimathon at the end of April, suppose I better get some swim training in image
  • I went swimming in July for 10 minutes at the seaside, will that be sufficient?
  • Seren fair play to you, I won't get in the sea now and its 20C.. thats even with a wetsuit!
  • Big Al 123 wrote (see)
    Just signed up for a 5k pool Swimathon at the end of April, suppose I better get some swim training in image

It will be fun mate and you get a medal. image

I think my views on blanket charaty places is farely well know for folks who have been knocking about on the london marathon threads for a bit but doesn't meen I'm against Charity it'self. A message has gone out for the Absolute tri club and through you might be interested in it and if you kids are racing will be able to give the folks doing it support. As always for the last year or so will be racing with a marie currie flower on my vest because of my mum.

The coach at this club has been helping out at outlaw each year and even if none of us realise it he's part off why the race has happened in the first place. This is what the 40 block booking places where for and it's a good club if anyone whats to say hello. As far as I know the 40 places are open to anyone althrough it might just be opn to the tri club. 

Whether you want to just swim, bike or run you can be part of Outlaw 2012
    Last year our good friend and fellow triathlete, Mick Green, lost his wife Karen to Leaukaemia at aged just 42.  To honour Karen's memory we have launched, along with Mick, the Karen Green Foundation . Our aim is to raise essential funds to distribute to Charities, Hospitals and Individuals involved in the research, care and treatment of Leukaemia and to offer funding opportunities to para-athletes on an annual basis to assist them with training and equipment.

We are pleased to announce that the Foundation will be Absolute Triathlon Club's official charity and also that the guys at One Step Beyond are supporting the cause by reserving 40 charity places for the Outlaw long distance triathlon for us, the event takes place on July 1st 2012.  The ‘Outlaw’ is the Award winning Long Distance Triathlon which takes place at the National Water Sports Centre.  The event, which starts and finishes at Holme Pierrepont, in Nottingham, covers a 2.4mile swim, 112mile bike ride and 26.2mile marathon run.

The 40 charity places can be made up of individuals or relay teams of 3 or 5.  For the 5 person relay this means that the bike and run are split into two with one person doing the entire swim.

We will also be looking for volunteers to man the Karen Green feed station on the day itself.

Anyway that you can get involved please do, you can become a fan of the facebook page (Karen Green Foundation) or please get in touch.

Kind regards

Jayne Lloyd
    Jayne@absolutetri.com

• Thanks for that Cake.

I've often wondered about the Pirates using their yearly beano to support a charity. I know many do it individually, but you know together..... image

It's kind of nice to think that all the blood sweat and tears shed in training could actually mean that as well as our own achievements and goals being met we are helping something, someone, somewhere.

Problem is that when training there's hardly enough time to wave at the kids never mind do fund raising stuff... but we *do* have a lot of supporters.image

I dunno. Just my thoughts. Personally I think we are so many we could do quite a bit of good under the Pirate Ship of Fools banner!

• What's the pirate campsite for this - sorry, I know it's been asked a few times already ....
  • Schmunkee - The List Fairy wrote (see)
    For Henny - Sportive Thread

Cheers m'dear.  I managed to find it but when I first asked the search function wasn't working image

Hope I'm SO with you on the bloody swimming.  I've said twice a week without fail - but I've decided not to go back to the Monday evening coached session.  Not because I didn't like the session or the people - both were great and a good way to muller myself for an hour.  But 8.30pm on a Monday evening I couldn't face any more.  I'd get home at 10.30 fizzing and couldn't sleep till past midnight.

• seren nos wrote (see)
     I am a training goddess this week....it will probabaly only last a few more days
    You inspired me to HTFU on my long run this week.  I kept thinking that if you could manage 20 miles in all that wind and lashing rain, I could shut up and do 10. image

BTW, I've seen 'HTH' a couple of times. What does it mean?
  • Artful Hen wrote (see)
    seren nos wrote (see)
     I am a training goddess this week....it will probabaly only last a few more days
    You inspired me to HTFU on my long run this week.  I kept thinking that if you could manage 20 miles in all that wind and lashing rain, I could shut up and do 10. image

image She's a goddess anyway. image
  • Cake wrote (see)
    Big Al 123 wrote (see)
    Just signed up for a 5k pool Swimathon at the end of April, suppose I better get some swim training in image

It will be fun mate and you get a medal. image

I will enjoy it, I think it's funny that this time last year I was panicking over being able to swim 200m FC!!!! image

• I have wasted most of my day trying to unsuccessfully buy olympic tickets...so only had a quick turbo.....to finish my training week
  • Looks like we might be saving £15.99 and getting a more exclusive design too.

Outlaw buff

• Red are best......but don't match the brilliant blue vests.......
  • kittenkat wrote (see)
    I love the vest, wear it running quite a bit.

Imagines kk running  in Rab C Nesbit style vest image

• Hi guys, long time no train.- We're planning to come support this year (if you'll have us).- Where are the campsite details?

• Holme pierpoint / national white water center. They have a large campsite on site. Have a lookat the outlaw site or Google

Its been free for competitors/ mrshalls in previous years. Its ok,not brilliant, but you can walk o the center/ swim/ run course in 5 mins
  • ip(FeS2) wrote (see)

We're planning to come support this year (if you'll have us)

Too bliddy right, we will image You will more than welcome on the Pirate Feed Station on the bike course (if you'll have us image.) 

A thread will be started in a couple of months

• For those on the waiting list - this was on their latest email:

On the waiting list?

We have around 100 people on the waiting list for the Outlaw. At the moment we'd predict being able to fit all of you in, but obviously can't confirm that right now.

Good luck, and we hope to see you on the start line!