Ladies Panties!

hot foxhot fox ✭✭✭
I can't find a sensible answer on here! I am running London again (whoop whoop!) and would like some nice new undies as the wicking shorts I wear are specific running ones, but they were from Aldi about five years ago!! Consequently they are rather worn out! They have served me very well, but I am struggling to find a Proper alternative.
Any suggestions, ladies? The only ones I can find are X Bionic pant shaped ones in Wiggle, but I would ideally like a shorty shaped pair.
Any links or brand names would be very gratefully received please? I have a large wobbly bottom, and commando is not an option!
Thanks!!

Comments

• touie2touie2 ✭✭✭
    I get mine from decathlon image
  • LOL - you are asking for trouble HF! image
  • WilkieWilkie ✭✭✭

I have a wobbly bottom - but I don't care, and commando works for me.

Why add another layer to risk chafing, not to mention extra washing and the cost!

• OK, I'll risk answering this! image Sloggi's shorts style knickers are good for running in. Not the cheapest, but they stay put and are very comfortable! I avoid any pants with sewn in labels, as in my experience those scratchy labels can rub enough to leave marks.
  • MuttleyMuttley ✭✭✭

I really don't see why the OP is asking for trouble. Seems a sensible topic and well worthy of discussion.

<settles down on the sofa>

• http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_gQG86nPDYKU/S6ygFVnkkrI/AAAAAAAAAPo/AEzvCUb_8V4/s1600/father-jack1.jpg

Women's knckers! image 

• I don't bother with knickers - I go straight for compression bottoms, either the knee-length ones or 3/4 ones. I feel like the 'wobbly bottom' issue is kept a little more under control and find them very comfortable. I then wear my running capris on top. Job done!

• hot foxhot fox ✭✭✭
    Thank you for all your comments chaps. Some more useful than others, but all made me smile!!!!!
  • I bought these http://www.wiggle.co.uk/x-bionic-ladies-brief/ and was hoping for the world having read the reviews. Unfortunately not only do they create a hideous VPL i do not think they are ANY better than my LIDL/ALDI ones I have had for years!
    I am going to try some sloggi ones, but if you're shaped anything like me, large wobbly bottom, thick heavy legs but relatively small waist, I think short shaped ones are definitely more comfy.
    So there's a what not to buy!
    I shall report back bout the sloggi ones.
    Bionic do make a short shaped panty, but having spent over £20 on these and been sorely disappointed, i'm loatheto make the same mistake again!
    Good luck in your quest! I think we've found a gap in themarket! TK Maxx had some short shaped ones, thought I'd struck gold, but only size XXXXXXXS, may be worth a look if you have one nearby.
    HTH
  • touie2touie2 ✭✭✭
    Decathlon have short style ones and pretty cheap!
  • Haha. Chuckling at this thread. Only because I've been having problems of a panty nature too! I got into the habit of going commando after noticing so very many hideous VPLs in lycra shorts at the gym I used to go to. Stayed commando when I started running and kind of ignored the chafing.

Why oh WHY do so many shorts have seams right up the middle!?! image

Anyhoo, I recently started wearing knickers while running and I've found that it actually minimises the chafing. Woohooooooo!!!

• primark do black and white seamless knickers in hipsters or bridget jones style. £5.00 for 3 pairs. Ideal
  • WilkieWilkie ✭✭✭
    Noanie wrote (see)

Why oh WHY do so many shorts have seams right up the middle!?! image

The shorts and tights that I have don't have a seam up the middle (Nike, Asics).

They either have a diamond-shaped gusset, or have a panel which goes up the insides of the legs and aross and down the other leg without a seam in the centre.

• I've been debating the same issue now so was very glad to find this post on the forum!

I generally run/play sport in regular cotton briefs from M&S and they do me fine, although I haven't tested them over 15 miles.

I'm looking for some recommendations for briefs to wear when running, in particular when running the mucky/muddy adventure style races, when you submerge yourself in water/mud. I did Hell Runner last year in shorts with a gusset and that was a good alternative to the cotton briefs which would have been weighed down witht he mud! But I'm looking for some briefs to wear under my running leggings. Oh and they need to be black because of the mud!

I'm doing Tough Guy in January next year and do not fancy doing it commando...it's going to be cold enough as it is!

I found some Casall ones on simply sweat and wondered if they would be worth a try, although expensive at £15! (http://www.simplysweat.com/products/Casall/SportsBrief-Black.aspx)

There doesn't seem to be much of a market for this....is that because everyone does what I do and wear cotton pants, or does everyone go commando?!

• Just found these in Decathlon (thanks touie2), at £5.99 they seem like a bargain to everythig else that's out there! Only problem is that you can't buy them online and decathlon is out in Canada Water!!

http://www.decathlon.co.uk/first-briefs-id_8182062.html#ancre-detail

• WilkieWilkie ✭✭✭
    symmsie wrote (see)

I'm doing Tough Guy in January next year and do not fancy doing it commando...it's going to be cold enough as it is!

I don't think a pair of knickers will make much difference to how cold you get!

I know quite a few women who go commando - I can't see the point in wearing pants under lycra shorts.

• touie2touie2 ✭✭✭
    symmsie wrote (see)

Just found these in Decathlon (thanks touie2), at £5.99 they seem like a bargain to everythig else that's out there! Only problem is that you can't buy them online and decathlon is out in Canada Water!!

that is a problem with decathlon, luckily there is a store about 30miles from me that deliver, but it is frustrating when they haven't got what you want even though it's on the site!!!
  • For those of us that don't want to go commando, for either comfort, hygene or personal reasons (I feel a bit exposed running commando!), I have found a really good pair. On the expensive side at just under £20.

http://www.baselayer.co.uk/Odlo-Women-s-Evolution-Light-Sports-Briefs-O-181041--Black-product-164-258

I tested them out on a muddy adventure run over the weekend where I was submerged up to my waist in water and they were fantastic! Another plus side for wearing pants is that a lot of the adventure/obstacle races don't have changing facilities, which means getting changed by your car, and wearing pants makes this a hell of a lot easier!

I hear what people are saying about going commando, and I do prefer it when I'm wearing shorts with a gusset, but I'm not a massive fan when I'm wearing lycra. I suppose its up to your own personal preference. And in terms of Tough Guy....I will take any extra layers for warmth that I can get thank you!! Thermal pants anyone?!

• symmsie wrote (see)

Just found these in Decathlon (thanks touie2), at £5.99 they seem like a bargain to everythig else that's out there! Only problem is that you can't buy them online and decathlon is out in Canada Water!!

Yup - I can confirm they are brilliant. Bought 2 pairs and they are so comfy not to mention way less "soggy" on long runs. Maybe worth making a day of it and schlepping to the nearest Decathlon? Or asking someone who lives near one to buy them and send them to you?

I'm a 16 and bought a medium and a large - the medium is snug but fits, the large not so snug and equally still a good fit. Do it - I cannot go commando either...just not my thing.

• jenfjenf ✭✭✭
    great thread! think it wins prize for most views today!

I wear icebreaker thermal ladies boxers in the winter ... keeps my bum nice n warm.