Just a little bit further 2012

Comments

• oh, just seen that there is a tech t-shirt and seen the medal design for sussex marathon/hm. May have to make sure I can at least stand at the start line even if I walk the half!!

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Sussex-Marathon/204379836318623

• image Popped in because keep seeing cake and it's making me hungry. image Nottingham marathon and half is normaly the second weekend in sept it's a very good race. Pricey but that becasue it's got a nice medel and a big city race. Well worth doing and unless it clash's with something special see you at the start line, it's great. image
  • just emailed them to ask about whether I could change to the half instead.
  • good evening gangimage

Fine gym session.speed work on treadmill followed by core work.

lots of friends running out there well done guys.

and wishing all those not running better soon .

happy birthday to jude's sonimage

rest day tomorrow and hopefully running saturday and sunday image

great to hear that youre running again Maths.

and please excuse the shakey typing im trying to spin my nip tassles in opposite directions as i type in practise for Loulas cheerleading group on mile 23 on Sunday .

have great evenings lovely crac friends

• Evening!

Happy Birthday to your lad Jude.

Hi Cake *waves*. Yes we enjoy lots of cakes and puddings on this thread along with our running image We have some excellent cooks and bakers.

Well, I have had a lovely day up in Cambridge. image It's only an hour by train and so I decided to take a very rare day off. Took the girls to school then hubby took me to the station and he collected the girls after school. Was lovely... am feeling very chilled and relaxed... which doesn't happen very often cos I'm always bouncing around trying to fit too much into too few hours. 

• Cake wrote (see)
    image Popped in because keep seeing cake and it's making me hungry. image Nottingham marathon and half is normaly the second weekend in sept it's a very good race. Pricey but that becasue it's got a nice medel and a big city race. Well worth doing and unless it clash's with something special see you at the start line, it's great. image
    cake !! *waves* whatcha doing over here on da south side?image how is it up Norf?
  • hi phantom, yikes, thats very daring isnt it.....BOTH nip tassels togetherimage......my runnette is 22nd  so i have one more weekend left to oanic and chew my nailsimage
  • Well, I did an unexpected 5 miles in 50 minutes, which I'm really pleased with because my tummy took a dislike to something and decided to do it's own jigging.
    Saw the local running club out for their session.they seem really friendly and I ran with some of them for a bit.
    Cake! What is your favourite cake or do you like them all?
  • thats great by'eckimage the 5 miles not the tummy probsimage  Thats also good Loula that your race isnt till the 22nd.It'll take that long for me to master these dagan tasslesimage

• Well done on your 5 miles Byeck. So glad to hear you were able to use your own legs and mojo and get out image
  • well done by eck!

Chili - a day out on your own - sounds lovely!

• Phantom, can you not use your amazing chest muscles to whirl the tassles?
    Chili, I remember going to London on the train for a wander and coffee. So refreshing and good for the soul
  • to make them go up and down not a problem but round and roundimageimage
  • We're watching great British bake off and I'm getting the cake munchies. I think all my baking from yesterday has disappeared. I might be able to rustle up something, but my tummy is feeling dodgy... any chance it was my running water.
  • mathschick wrote (see)

well done by eck!

Chili - a day out on your own - sounds lovely!

a day out alone....shopping...coffee...imagehmmm...nope. i have no idea what thats like. must be 9 years since i had that kind of dayimage
  • in fact i think the last time was probably at 8months pregnant.....when i had a football tummy
  • Do you ever take miss loula into London?
    I'm hoping to break the 20 mile in a week barrier this week.
    Training is finally going well.
  • aw thats great by'eck. you will do itimage

no havnt taken her to london yet but want to. i love london and spent many happy days there wandering about getting my stuff in the dance shopsimageah...happy days

• Ooo, maybe a CRAC cake eating outing image
  • yummy..i could just do with a cup of tea and slice of cake now..*wanders off to raid cupboards*

• Morning all!

Lovely, bright but frosty day here.  Again no run for me, Elif has an orthodontist appointment after school.  Hope to get out at the weekend sometime.

Happy running guys if you have the chance today.  If not, have a good day anyway!

• morning jude frosty here too, no run for me either today but hopefully sunday i will get outimage

keep warm everyoneimage

• Frosty and cold but may get my lsr in while Moo is at nursery.depends on how everything else goes. Today I cook all of Moo's meals for the week. Lots of stews and special pasta baked to give him energy
  • aw by'eck, how is lickle moo now? does he like nursery? how far are you running today by'eck?
  • good morning everybody.

hot bright and sunny here...........well ok cold and frosty too.

Great to hear that about Moo By'eck.Be running with you in no timeimage

no running for me today either Loula ive a rest day, Hopefully tomorrow early and also Sundayimage

I hope all you guys out there have a great day.

• Little Moo is fighting an unspecified virus art the moment so doesn't really want to eat or drink, but otherwise is fine. He loves nursery and will soon be moving up into the toddlers room.they have to give him special attention becAuse of his development but when he starts walking properly he will be off. New boots should help!
    I am hoping for 8-10 miles today. Haven't decided which village I'm going to run to. I'd love to show you and chili around when you come up for the ndw. (and anyone else who wants to visit!)
    Ok, so I've been given dispensation to be norty this weekend. Any suggestions? I could try to hamper the progress of team north in the mileage challenge. Or hide the chocolates I got for Christmas and scoff them without sharing...
  • Hi all, sorry I've not posted for ages, not been running, after I finished the antibiotics for my chest infection was still congested for a while, then got a cold, which I might've just run with had a not been ill for so long before. All pretty much cleared up now tho, and survived zumba on wed, so going to venture out tomorrow. Have been lurking/reading back, so here's my two penneth worth on a couple of things:
    Kindle - I love reading and was initially very resistant to the idea, but was starting to come around and my bf got me one for Christmas. I'm currently alternating paper books and kindle books as I have a few to read before I can fully switch over to the digital age. I do love it tho, got lots of things I didn't know about, like a built in dictionary and you can look up words as you're reading. But I would say it's still just reading, if kids want it as a gadget, there's no point as it's not really a gadget as such.
  • Spinning - I find spinning quite a good workout, don't enjoy it at the time, but feel good after, I have a gel seat cover that I bought for less than a tenner from clas ohlsen, which has made it far more comfortable, and I used to find I got sore wrists, so I've started wearing sweatbands, which helped with that.
    Aversion to doctors - my dad is terrible for it, but about a year ago one of his closest friends got pancreatic cancer and died within 6 weeks. Because of this when my dad wasn't feeling well he actually went, turned out he had cancer in one of his kidney. After he'd had it removed and had an all clear they said if they hadn't found it when they did he would have only had months to live as it wad so aggressive