10K Prep

DMaxDMax ✭✭✭

Hi,

I have a 10 week training plan for a 10K, what do you guys think about doing some of this prep on a treadmill?

I know the treadmill is softer than the road, but does that matter?

Your thoughts on thos would be much appreciated.

Ta.

Comments

• My personal thoughts are treadmill training is  fine for those days when the weather is somewhat damp or blustery or its just impossible to get out but i'd  try and do the majority of your training on the same surface as the 10k will take place on .

AB

• Treadmill is fine - If it's part of a training plan you want to replicate road, so add approx. %1 of incline to realistically replicate outdoor conditions.

Treadmill is kinder to joints, causing less fatigue.
  • Hi, I do the bulk of winter training on treadmills and it's useful because you can't cheat the distance or the time. Set at 1% as advised to compensate for the push oof you'll miss on a stationery surface and it'll adjust your pose/poise. Used successfully for years as part of my training prog and helped me get sub 40.
  • DMaxDMax ✭✭✭

Thanks for all comments, again its one of those things that won't work for some but is perfect for others.

I work really long shifts and think I may be able to get on a treadmill in our hotel a lot easier.

I take not of the 1% incline and thank you for the advice.

Ta,

D.