21st Ultrafit St Annes 10 mile

did this race the other year and it was a very good race apart from the wind been very strong but running on st Annes front is great and the food at the fire stn was fab

Comments

• might give this a try as it starts on my doorstep. It'll be my first 10 miler. Any one got a route map so I can practice!?
  • Hi

just entered this race, my first 10 miler, done a few 10k feel the time is right to step up. Anyone have any advice or know the route?
    Really looking forward to it.
    coey
  • it starts in a car park just before the pier goes up to the windmill and back
  • I think this was the first 10 miler I did a few years back. TBH I`d say it`s an ideal debut; obvious halfway point so just go steady until then. It might be windy but plenty to look at so shouldn`t be too painful. The car park start is a bit of a pain though and I nearly missed the `gun` as the HQ is a fair old way from the start.
  • I`m in. Entered last night. I`ll see what the weather is like and might even try a PB attempt! image
  • Wow! Great weather eh?! Loved that and , despite the wind blowing all the way back, got a big PB! image
  • Similar here.  Went off a bit fast and that and the headwind on the way back made it hard work but PB'd all the same. 

I think I misjudged a bit of the course though - there was one long bend on the front and most people stuck to the outside with a few taking the inside line but I suspect they were right as by the time I finished the normally spot on Garmin recorded 10.09 miles and annoyingly at the 10 mile 'beep' I was under 71 minutes but by the finish I was over image

Thanks to the organisers though - enjoyed it a lot.

• Glad you all Seemed to enjoy the Race, for me was a Bad day!! wa wanting to Enter on the Day, only to Find on the Saturday that the RACE FULL signns were being Advertised. Not a problem great that the organisers managed to get 400 Entarnts, Gutted when i looked at the Results on Sunday Evening though to Find only 320 Finishers....." Were was the Missing 80????".

• budgie 1 wrote (see)

Glad you all Seemed to enjoy the Race, for me was a Bad day!! wa wanting to Enter on the Day, only to Find on the Saturday that the RACE FULL signns were being Advertised. Not a problem great that the organisers managed to get 400 Entarnts, Gutted when i looked at the Results on Sunday Evening though to Find only 320 Finishers....." Were was the Missing 80????".

Oh dear. Sorry about that. I was going to eod and then saw that it was pretty close to the limit last year. I`d guess that a fair few Fire folk and Northern Vets entered but didn`t turn up. I raced a 10k the week before and that was full on 1000 but with 828 finishers.
  • I guess ill take it as lesson Learnt....Just had the. urge as the weekend got closerimage
  • budgie 1 wrote (see)
    I guess ill take it as lesson Learnt....Just had the. urge as the weekend got closerimage
    Yeah. Think I`d have just joined in if I was you! We got lost and only just made the start!