Yesterdays lyrics: Eighteen till I die by Bryan Adams

Have  a good Friday.

• Morning.

What:                       30 minute easy run
    Why:                         need to see if I can before Sunday's race
    Last hard:               not running hasn't been easy
    Last rest:                9/1

Lyrics - yes.

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Morning

Rest day Friday.

Had a good nippy 6 miles last night with 4 at MP. Well earned rest today with long run tomorrow.

LMH - fingers crossed for your 30 minutes of stress!. Hope it sets you up!!

I still don't like Crunchies. I still love chocolate!!.

• emzapemzap ✭✭✭

What: nothing

Why: twisted ankle image

Last night's long run ended abruptly as I slid on some mud and down a pot hole!  Luckily we'd come to a bit of the run that was only a mile from my friend's house, so we gingerly jogged back to hers (it was too cold to walk back!).  Hasn't swollen up but feeling sore, so squash match cancelled.  Fingers crossed it'll feel ok to parkrun tomorrow.

Garmin has arrived, I want to play!

Have a good day all

• A'noon

emzap: Hope the ankle gets better soon.

• DustinDustin ✭✭✭

afternoon!
    RFJ - all good I hope?
    emzap - ouch....hope your new toy gets used very soon!

training wise:
    Thursday , 2.5 miles easy with my youngest, followed by 3.5 miles steady
    Today - just done 4 easy along the Thames
    Why - legs jaded
    last rest Jan 6th

have a lovely weekend

• RFJRFJ ✭✭✭

Thanks for comments, Back home now, had to spend the night in Hospital but all is well and feel OK too other than peeing razor blades.......

Enjoy the weekend offerings, will be strange not running at Parkrun..... but plan to help...

• Afternoon!

Too much information RFJ! Hope recovery goes to plan...take it easy!

What: a couple of miles walk in the wet shortly.

LMH: hope your run went to plan.

Emzap: enjoy the Garmin and hope that your ouch has gone tomorrow!

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Afternoon all,

RFJ - ouch! glad that's over with, I reckon.

LMH - hope it went ok.

emzap - ouch again. Get it properly better. Ankles can be unforgiving. Mr. S's running career ended when he missed the paved edge of a path running in the dark. Physio to get it really right might be a good investment. (I twisted ankle running years ago, having had ankle twisting problems before then, got good physio, have not had ankle twisting problems since - so physio made it better than it had been previously.)

Paddy - sounds positive.

Me? The hill this morning, 5 reps, fully loaded Lucy (the backpack). Happy with that. It was hard, but not so hard as to leave me remembering it all day long. The slightly ominous aspect is that I am aware of a slightly grumbling plantar region. I had this trouble this time last year, and know it to be exacerbated by less supportive trainers. I had bought new trainers with less cushioning and was just feeling chuffed at how lively my feet were feeling in them. Do the exercises, go back to KoP, and wear the soft trainers I guess.

Shan't run tomorrow, will cut short Sunday's planned run if there is any first-thing-in-the-morning grumble.
  • Thanks for that RFJ

Stick - Yes all looking good (grasping wood at the moment)
  • Glad you're home safely RFJ.

Thanks for asking. I ran, my leg didn't fall off, no major issues since - so far - but it was only 30 minutes and I could feel the hamstring in particular grumbling when I increased the pace. Such is life, I shall either run well on Sunday or not - given the forecast the wind may be more of an issue in my finishing time than the leg is!

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • LMH - particularly if the wind is going to be an issue anyway, might there be a point of cutting losses and preserving the progress you have made in getting the leg better? I know, sitting on the sideline of a race you should be running is a terrible thing. But others of our DTT have run in spite of it, and paid very dearly for a less than satisfactory outcome.

Has anyone seen mava recently? Since I've been thinking about her.
  • RFJ: Glad you're back .

LMUH: Hope the hamstring impoves.