Sunday 22nd January 2012

Morning

Sorry been Awol a few days, work been busy but continued daily running a few cycle rides with extended commutes, though then not that far really got my entry for Serpies next Friday My first race since Feb 16th last year if you could call that a race before that it was Oct 3rd 2010 so it will be fun

What: 2 mile cycle d&d unextended commute, run later
Why: i am what i am and a runner i am (not a clue to lyrics)
Last Hard: Probably last Sunday
Lyrics: Yes

Good luck to all racers, LMH hope you have a good one as all of you

Comments

• Thanks Pammie - it's going to be a windy one!

What:                      Brass Monkey Half Marathon
    Why:                        annual attempt at a PB
    Last hard:              being unable to predict my niggles or the weather!
    Last rest:                21/1

Lyrics - yes.

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Go LMH!

Me - 5 easy miles in a bit!
  • DonaldoDonaldo ✭✭✭
    Good luck lmh!

10 for me today in 75:45. Lovely morning, blue skies, sunshine and little wind image
  • Afternoon! These exams are getting in the way of running, ahh well, at least I managed one today

What: 5.23 miles in 53.46
    Why: Not been out running in 9 days, needed to stretch my legs
    Last Session: 9 days ago...
  • Well. That was windy! The forecast said gusts over 40 mph and I think it was accurate. In some places I was being blown half a stride backwards when caught by a gust in mid air and in others literally half way across the road. Managed to run the first 10 miles in about the same time as donaldo image and hung on for the last three and a bit to finish in 1.39.08 - slightly under my sub 1.40 target and taking over two minutes off my PB. I am a very happy Little Miss. Right QL started playing up about three miles in and left leg around six but neither became bad enough to really affect me. Have stretched and stuck compression tights on and will continue to nurse the leg and hope that it recovers quickly. Am being very sensible and have resisted to do a recovery run as this afternoon's dog walk.
  • Well done indeed LMH!!

Well done Connor - which exams?

Good to see you Pammie, and well done on getting the entry in.

Me? Didn't get the run in, since Mr. S. and I decided to go for a walk together instead. That was needed, so a satisfactory morning there.

Otherwise working - things have got to get finished!!

Take care all.
  • LMH - Nice one!! And more to come on a better day!!
  • Pammie*Pammie* ✭✭✭

Evening

LMH Well done that  is impressive new pb but quite a chunk take care of that QL (i'm sure you will)

Stickless Hello

Planned around 4 miles as last few nights catching up on sleep woke at 1pm but prob pay for that tonight and won't get to sleep till prob about 2am. But had good sleep and decided on something longer 7.42 miles a few hills first 4 10:15-10:32 pace which is getting to be my normal pace

Last 3.42 quicker how i don't know  doubting Garmin but i've been told to believe i got a 8:55 pace, 9:41, 10:06 last bit 8:46 though some were downhill  

• Thank you.

Good running Pammie. QL isn't a problem normally thankfully but the left hamstring might be - next sports massage booked for the 6th Feb (soonest I could get in) so will have to look after it myself until then. Out for a celebratory Indian this evening - trying to decide what I can wear that I can have my compression tights on under!

Paddy - I'd like to think so as conditions were far from ideal but I truly believe that you never know what you're going to get until the day.

Stickless - I've just been finishing off some work too - part time and self employed aren't really good with my work ethic, hate having things outstanding and hanging over me - especially week to week.

• GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    What: just 31.4 miles d&d
    Why: Comrades qualifier
    Last hard: today was a long day
    Streak: 16 days
    Lyrics: I think so

Ran 3.38 and achieved an A seed for Comrades it was not a perfect run so will blog soon.

Relaxing now
  • Evening!

Well done LMH and Gobi: makes my little effort insignificant in comparison!

What: 3 miles brisk walk
    Why: allowed

Lyrics: nope

Pammie: I have done Last Friday of Month twice, and really enjoyed it (afterwards, anyway!).

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • RFJRFJ ✭✭✭

Lyrics - think so

Gobi - well done hope you learn and take the positive of the bits that were not good.

Me - in the wars.... No fitness to report of anykind here, quite the opposite, had the Op on Thurs, discharged on Fri, 4 hours in A&E on Sat then re-admitted and released again late today... not a happy teddy.... had my own mara of docs trying to insert cathahers (6 attempts and very sore) TMI I know...., any chance of getting into the gym next wek has gone as now sporting additional pipework for 2 weeks at least.... so a good long rest..... only means I can come back stronger all being well.....

• Oh no, RFJ!  Ouch! Take extra care over these next few weeks.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Pammie*Pammie* ✭✭✭

Evening

RFJ - Oh dear take care now

alehouse i've just looked i've done 34 interesting set of stats

• Pammie...do you mean 34 x LFOM? Wow, if that's the case! I was aiming to go down for the February one as I may well be in London that weekend: sadly it doesn't look like I'll be pinning a number on if I do make it!
  • Met Gobi 4 times today. Yadder yadder yadder. You could hear him from a mile away, upwind. Well done on the Comrades time, did you get the lawnmower? When I last saw you he'd taken the place back but had a serious face on. I thought you'd get the place back.

I was on my bike today: not doing any running now. 20 something miles cycled. Nice buzz in the legs.

Saw Plodding Hippo too. She's got her 200th marathon this year. That's silly.

• Pammie*Pammie* ✭✭✭

Blisters Surely not He's such a quiet lad image

Alehouse Yup First one in March 2004 Started doing them regular from December 2006 Working nights made it easier to do them regularly. My last one was in Sept 2010

Hope to be there for Feb as well be good to say Hi if your thee  we tend to have lunch in the cafe afterwards as well

• What: 10 miles, nice 'n' easy
    Why: need some longer runs in my schedule
    Last hard: 18/01
    Last rest: 21/01

My left knee is pretty sore and stiff after my run yesterday. I think my shoes may be the problem as I didn't buy them originally with running in mind. I'm pretty sure I underpronate as the pain was up the outside of the leg and knee. Will be getting fitted and kitted next Sunday thank goodness.