a shoe and pain in the foot problem!!!

I couldn't decide if this should be in the  injury or gear section so thought I'd stick it here image image

I have been running in Newtons for nearly a year now and not had any problems apart from the first pair I had were a little bit tight on the toes, so when I ordered my next pair I went half a size larger!

They had been fine upto half marathon distance, best shoes I had owned, however once over that distance I started to get slight arch pain in my smaller foot, I guess because the shoe was a bit loose, I tightened the shoelace and problem solved, arch pain relieved!!! image However I seemed to bruise the top of my foot with the tight laces image

I now have a dilemma, loose shoe = arch pain, tight shoe = bruised top of foot and if I wear the smaller size my big toe of my larger foot blisters!

Does anyone know of any lacing techniques that might hold the shoe tight but not bruise my foot?

Alternatively I have thought of changing to a different make of shoe that might fit better but I need something that is light, doesn't have a built up heel but is still cushioned enough in the mid/ forefoot for marathons, any ideas? I had a look at the local running shop websites but most seemed to just have heavy cushioned shoes which gave me problems hence my switch to newtons in the first place! image

Comments