ULTRArace 100

This race looks very tempting to me. Can anyone whose ran it before recommend it?

Comments

• T RexT Rex ✭✭✭

What's the website for this, Mike?

What I'd like to do is run the Cotswold Way (101 miles), but I don't know if such an event exists.  Races using National Trails are increasing in number.

• T Rex wrote (see)

What's the website for this, Mike?

What I'd like to do is run the Cotswold Way (101 miles), but I don't know if such an event exists.  Races using National Trails are increasing in number.

Now thats an idea I like the sound of!!
  • I've got it on the radar as a goal for this year. However, plans are first to get over a recurring ankle injury. Then have a go at the 50 miler run by them in May, and if I make it over the finish line without breaking, then enter this race.

Read a race report for the event and it seems like a good race, and running through the various villages will add some interest. Hard race though, as hilly,
  • If you like road running then its one for you.

The scenery is fantastic its the Cotswolds after all, the hills are Brutal and frequent, especially 30miles - 40miles and a nasty one at the 80mile point.

The support is good with cp's every 10miles, but I would suggest if you can get someone willing taking your own support crew. Having them meet you more frequently is a massive benifit as you wont need to carry so much kit up the hills.

It was my first 100mile race in 2010 and one in which I will never forget, I am hoping to be back this year to have another crack at it, I feel I can race it this year now I know the course.

The course is fully marked, I did not have a problem finding any of the signs, I had a map as back up anyway.

I have heard some complaints on the course markings, but to be fair to expect a 100mile course to be fully marked is asking a lot. I was surprised that it was marked an added bonus so to speak.

• T RexT Rex ✭✭✭
    Thanks for info.  Road, then.  Not something I want to do.  I think 50 miles is quite enough on the road.  But might have a crack at the Cotswold Way unsupported, perhaps this September, or next year. It goes through habitations where I could buy water and some hot food at half way.