Full body compression suit

Some conversations are going around about one-piece full body compression suits for running.

This was borne out of a generation of compression clothing made up of compression top and tights. I too believe the next generation of compression clothing should be simplified to one piece, similar to the evolution of triathlon suits which used to come in two pieces. It will be more efficient financially and practically! Now triathlon suits are revolutionised to what they call as a one-piece tri-suit.

I recently found Adidas is ahead in this idea. They made a full body suit known as the Adidas Equipment about ten years ago, I believe this was originally used for swimming but was banned by FINA, the swimming regulatory body. The suit then found a new life by competitive runners for training because of its material, established research in the labs, compression quality and hydrodynamic properties that are equally applicable to running/ triathlon.

I noticed of late there has been a revival from some "other" runners who are using full body suits for training (such as the one I found on the internet, photo below!). Ebay is also selling them including other and unknown brands (many from China, Taiwan and South Korea) to make these suits for running. Two years ago Serena Williams used one of these suits for her tennis training too.

http://www.runnersworld.co.uk/members/images/336784/Gallery/Picture1.jpg

I would love to see this technology come to fruition. My current two-piece suit is a pain. The top keeps coming of the tights waistband during run. My only qualm about wearing one-piece compression suit is going to the toilet!

I'm not sure about you, but I think one-piece suits provide a nicer outline of the body! (This more than makes up for the toilet inconvenience I suppose!)

At the moment I'm struggling to get my hand on one of those Adidas Equipment suit. If there's anyone out there who has one, please PM me. Or if anyone who has a different branded suit similar to the Equipment, please recommend.

Comments