Talkback: ASICS Target 26.2 Team: Craig

Comments

• Just back from a five miler, week two of the RUNNERS WORLD ULTIMATE MARATHON SCHEDULE......oops sorry that doesn't need to be in caps eating a butty at the same time as typing.........feeling better thankfully though rather bunged up in the head. Good to be out there with the trainers on couldn't be bothered to get out the bike in this colder weather.

Glad I didn't go to Paris for the rugby!!! Wow some seriously annoyed Brits over there I would imagine!! Dont think England will stand a chance against France and Wales.

Well done on the miles Louisa lucky you a week skiing, keep at it.

Life can only be understood backwards but it must be lived forwards!!

• BoDukeBoDuke ✭✭✭
    V quickly, back to work (got meeting in 5 minutes...) and doing the sheduled session tonight!!! Yea!!! Better to the point where I can run, still dehydrated a bit though.

Hi again Louisa!

Right, meeting and will post properly tomorrow morning. promised OH I will not play with phone this evening....
  • Bo and mcs - great to see you both back running and the weather has turned for the better as well
  • Yay - glad everyone is back in action image

Louisa you must have been reading my mind - I've been thinking about doing the same - which dvd did you order? 

• Yay that's good news re getting out for run today Craig!

SB - I went for the Yogalosophy one by Mandy Ingber ...yes I was won over by the fact some famous and very svelt women like Jennifer Aniston follow it...but also came with good reviews on Amazon.  We'll see how it goes.  Several of my friends who are into triathlon do yoga and or pilates and swear by it for keeping things more balanced and injury free.

Right - back to work for me also...boooo

• And he's back in the game! Good work Craig! And everyone else, too.

Was SO nice to see some grass today and not boring old slush and snow. I think I can even smell spring!image

• BoDukeBoDuke ✭✭✭
    After coming in late (because of the train) if I post anything, I will lose parts of my anatomy.... So I'd best not and 'talk' this evening and attempt to be romantic...

Got flowers, chocs and card and everything... Laters folks, enjoy!
  • Details please.................................!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • I was supposed to be going out for a meal with the wife tonight, but had to cancel because my son has had a high temperature on-and-off for a few days. Poor little mite is dosed-up more than Craig and Emma combined.

Did my longest midweek run so far (8 miles) this evening, which was just as well because I had a gut-busting Indian takeaway in lieu of the romantic meal image Onion bhajis, vindaloo, rice, aloo gobi, saag aloo, keema naan, poppadoms. I'm carbo-loading, you see? It's probably a good job that I have no long runs planned for tomorrow.
  • My life has been put completely into context today after spending the afternoon consoling my neighbour whose house burnt down today - their boiler exploded. Luckily no-one was hurt - but they've lost everything including 2 cars as the oil tank went up too.

I say sod romance - celebrate being alive in all its wondrous guises! image

• BoDukeBoDuke ✭✭✭
    SB: bloody hell... I have no idea what to say to that one... Glad they are OK, can't begin to understand how that feels.... Puts things into perspective... My condolences to them... *stunned into silence*
  • I know - crazy eh!  Just you be remembering how lucky you are to be alive and able to run!

And check you out using asterisks

*chuckles*

Hope you had a nice evening last night? If I was 10 years younger and not married - I would have enjoyed the sight of all those firemen even more! image

What's on your training programme today?

• BoDukeBoDuke ✭✭✭
    Ten: got to love an Indian meal... All that spice and LOADS of carbs... Yummy, yum yum...

oscarr: she wasn't very happy that I got in late. There was the potential to lose bits of me that might be needed in the future if I want any more children.... Suppose it being that evening and running taking up loads of time now fair nuff...

Sam: deffo back in the game. Did the interval session and it went really well. Kept a good pace and also good on the rest bit. Very happy to be better AND outdoors!

Louisa: Im so jealous of the skiing. Never been, but got a mate in Austria who teaches... Maybe sometime I'll go and try (even if it's MK and indoors).

KR: when you need kip, you gotta do what ever to get it. Not that I struggle to sleep, once fell asleep in a nightclub next to a speaker... And not through drink either...

mcs: good to see you back in action too fella and hope the bung up clears soon.

BTW, got a new role yesterday. Going to be doing group work once day a week. Means a week training mid-March. Usually this is a week in a hotel miles away from home, but not this time. Shouldnt have much impact on this at all. New challenge and all that though.
  • BoDukeBoDuke ✭✭✭
    Sleepy, I've just fallen off my chair with laughter... Been having discussion with people at work about the 'fireman' pictures... Why can't I have nurse pictures up??? But I digress... image

Cos of last night I've had to put everything back a day (didn't get in till nearly 7.... So intitvals this morning, 7 slow tomorrow and brisk session on Friday. Had to make a judgement last night so.....

Really looking forward to long run on Sunday, got map out and been planning where to go....
  • Good juggling skills BoD. How did the intervals go today? You sound like your itching to get going againimage

Did a Sidney run today ie. very slow and numerous stops to sniff at things (Sid, not me) but it was great to feel the earth beneath me, rather than ice - and the sun was shining - so came back happy!

• SB - that's a bit spooky - there was a housefire in my street on Monday evening. Perhaps we're neighbours and don't realise it! It's a reminder to me that I really must save more photographs online.

Craig - flexibility is key to making running a lifetime pursuit.
  • Glad everyone is back up and running. I have just got a copy of Ryan Giggs DVD of core/yoga/pilates. Really enjoying it (which is very sad I know!)
  • Kevster - don't you mean "core, yoga and philandering"?
  • Nice run to work this morning swear I ran past Vassos Alexander on the Monsal Trail......who? Okay he is the sports guy on radio 2 with Chris Evans in a morning..............very busy in Bakwell today as school holidays brings all the kids and grandparents to the Peak District.  Cant beat a new job Craig for a fresh outlook.....all the best with that.

Ryan Giggs doing core yoga philandering sounds strange to me. imageMind you he has stayed fit all his career!!!  Footballers they need the money from health and fitness CDs dont they!!image

• BoDukeBoDuke ✭✭✭
    Sam: the intervels were great. Hard work overall, but need to get on the old iMac to check the splits. Very quick though (for me). I'm so motivated again, looking forward to a smooth couple of hard work months to Paris, no illnesses or injuries. Starting to really visualise the run. Also been looking at the marathon's Facebook page, which is quality! Do you count the 'sniffing' sessions as a rest point or not??? Easy way of arranging fartlet intervals???

Arrrrhhhhhhhh poor Ryan Giggs. He might need to do yoga videos, I hear that super injunctions are really expensive to request... Also house fires suck, a girlfriend almost burnt her house down when she put a fake log on an open fire.... It was a very convincing plastic log....
  • LOL @ the plastic log. An ex-girlfriend, I assume image Was it a devious test devised by you - to ensure that your future children would inherit some brains?
  • BoDukeBoDuke ✭✭✭
    Deffo an ex. Think she was a bit drunk at the time, we were students. Lovely house in the South Downs outside Winchester, all painted white.... Cost a fortune in paint...

By the way. I've not had any Nicorette since Friday either...am eating everything in the world, but now nicotine free!!!!
  • BoDuke wrote (see)I find myself also singing themes to Cbeebies OUTLOUD - not good! Are you going to send e your carb loading plan and then I can alter it if need. image

My life has been put completely into context today after spending the afternoon consoling my neighbour whose house burnt down today - their boiler exploded. Luckily no-one was hurt - but they've lost everything including 2 cars as the oil tank went up too.

Good grief! What can you say....I guess my sprained ankle is no longer a problem!

• After a week in a household breeding colds and viruses, I have finally succumbed image The cough started yesterday and I feel lethargic this morning.

I had been considering making this week a cut-back week before stepping up to my 18 mile long run next week, so it looks like the decision has been made for me. I will definitely give today's interval session a miss.

On the plus side, I've doubled the number of strict, unassisted pull-up's that I can do!.... to two image I love that exercise - it's so damned hard!
  • Morning all!

Ruth - yip it makes everything seem a bit insignificant doesn't it?  I've been trying to think of what I would try to save if it ever happened to us - animals and us aside of course -  and I don't think there's anything that I would risk my life for!  But like Tenjiso reminded me - all vital documents and photos have now been copied and backed up.  It's not having the basics that you take for granted that's the hassle! Family now safely installed in a spare house btw and being very inspiringly stoical now that the tears and panic have stopped.  Hope your ankle isn't too painful though Ruth.

Yay BoD - good for you mate - very proud of you! image

• BoDukeBoDuke ✭✭✭
    On train to work, going to fill some forms in about other peoples' forms on other peoples' form... Work that one out....

Got my seven slow in this morning. First five were a constant 11:00 and the last two about 10:40 as I realised I was going to be late... Not that 40 seconds makes much difference to be honest. Got in, drank a pint of skimmed milk, ate four Weetabix with another half pint of milk and showered. Thinking about what SB said, have to consider myself an athlete now. Who else would get up at 4:30 and do that (apart from crazy people)....

Ruth, will get plan over shortly. Wholemeal pasta... Yumm.

Ten: bummer fella. Fingers crossed again. But great work on the pull up. See what I mean? They are amazing!!!
  • Go Tenjiso - I can't even do one! With a cold too - putting us all to shame - need to start doing some press ups or at least something to make myself feel less wimpy! Get well soon.

You are being impressively disciplined BoD -  extra brownie points for you.  Do you have a claim form for those?

Am sat here being useless while some chappies put loft insulation in for us - typical that the cold snap is now over! Bet they think I am some sort of computer geek sat here tapping away in the study  LOL

• Hi Craig - cor, that was an early start. Good work!  I did actually upgrade this session to 7 easy on the week's plan that I posted end of last week for this week (it may have been when you were spending more time than usual in the smallest roomimage) but just a heads up that it's as well to look at the weekly plan I post, as I do tweak it based on what's happened in the previous week. Anyway, so those last two miles were spot on!image Two rest days in a row comin' up! And then a challenging long run - great opportunity to practise your fuelling options.
  • Well done on the no nicotine sticker BoDuke and the early start. I think I was still in a deep sleep at 4.30am!