Edinburgh Marathon Place for Sale- Sold Out Event!

Hi all,

Unfortunately, I can't run the Edinburgh Marathon this year but have a place. Life's commitments have meant I can't commit to the training....

I've booked accommodation with a big group of running friends and family and don't want to miss out so am going to try and get a place for the Half Marathon taking place on the same day.

In order to get the money for the half (it's a tight year!) I was hoping to sell my place (at a good price).

Anyone interested, drop me a line asap. First come first served..!

Comments

• Can I draw your attention to number 6 on this list of rules regarding transfers?

Transfer rules.

While they ARE allowing you to transfer, your idea to get "a good price" is against the rules.

This forum is not Ebay by the back door you know. If you make money, you'll be banned. Simples.

• Apologies if I’ve caused any confusion with the above; when I say ‘good price’, I mean ‘less than cost.’ I just want to recoup some of my entry fee and would never dream of selling a place at a premium! I love the Runners World forum and wouldn’t try and break the rules image

Would be looking for around £30 (the place was £60), excluding the transfer fee of £10.

Offer still open image  

• Just wondering if anybody's mad enough to have trained for the half and is thinking "I might have a go at the whole one"....imageimageimage

It IS possible you know! Someone might want to do a straight swap! All happy! image

Good luck!

• Hi Gemma

If you still have place id pay for it and transfer ( say £50 and transfer fee), could you email me on /forum/smilies/tongue_out_smiley.gif[/img]eter28uk@hotmail.com]peter28uk@hotmail.com or text me on 075781082521...was reluctant to do marathon again after last year...but now i really want to lol!

Regards

Peter

• Hi again

sorry that sent a bit wrong!

if you still have place Gemma could you email me on /forum/smilies/tongue_out_smiley.gif[/img]eter28uk@hotmail.com]peter28uk@hotmail.com or 07578108251!

Thanks!

p

• Sorry to also edge in on this but I also have a place available. I was thinking of putting it on eBay for sale. If someone would like to make an offer just let me know?

Kaz

• Gemma - you tell Gunslinger what happens to people who put these places on Ebay...image
  • so you can get kicked off ebay even if you put it for a price less than the person paid for the place. The way this forum is going I may as well keep the place and walk when I get tired if my training isnt up to scratch.
  • gunslinger_kaz wrote (see)
    so you can get kicked off ebay even if you put it for a price less than the person paid for the place. The way this forum is going I may as well keep the place and walk when I get tired if my training isnt up to scratch.

What's the forum got to do with your training?image

Taken directly from Edinburgh T&C's...

We have implemented the transfer system in good faith to allow the legal transferring of race numbers to another runner – any runner selling their place on auction sites such as eBay will be banned from the event and all future GSI Events. Any runner found to have purchased their place on an auction sites such as eBay will be banned from the event and all future GSI Events.

There will be plenty of people who have to take walk breaks in a marathon. Is that why you want to get rid of it?image I'd still do it if I were you! How's the training coming along?

• I've done the New York Marathon 2 and a half years ago and I had to take it easy due to being on crutches 7 weeks before I did it. That was due to over doing it in my training. I wanted to this time do it properly but I've not got as much time as I would like to train for this marathon due to other commitments. It just seems a waste. But withdrawing from the race is a waste now I've paid for it anyway. I'm probably best off to keep my place and fit in as much training as I can.

Any one know of any good places that are reasonably priced in edinburugh to stay during that weekend?

• I'm not sure any of us ever get the marathon training in that we actually PLAN at the beginning! My advice (as trite as it sounds) is listen to what your body is telling you. I pulled out of Dublin marathon one year and I was heartbroken because I went anyway to watch. I was WAY too ill to run (I had vestibular neuritis, nasty nasty illness) and I couldn't actually STAND for very long, let alone run.

A year later I went back to Dublin and ran the race. Crossing the finish was the best feeling ever. It wasn't a PB but it represented a race run against the odds.

You might not have to give Guinness a call over your time at Edinburgh but if you're well enough and you KNOW you can do it, why not just go and ENJOY it?

Not everything is about time. Go and soak up some of that lovely atmosphere!image

• Hi Gunslinger, if you are still for selling your place I would definitely be interested in purchasing, I hadn't realised the cut off dat for entries was so soon even though I had the guaranteed place through the VLM unsccessful ballot.   If still available or anyone else has one they are selling please email me @ jonnyc.lindsay@btopenworld.com.  Many thanks.

• If anybody has a Edinburgh marathon place avalible due to injury or any other commitments,i would be willing to buy the place from them before the end of march before the transfer of numbers deadline please email me @ leemarshall123@aol.co.uk

• I am selling two places for the full Edinburgh marathon on 26th May. I am selling them for full price (??48) plus the website add a ??10 fee to swap.

I am also look for two places for the Edinburgh half if anyone knows someone selling them.

Please get in contact if you are interested in either of the above. Wilsonharriet1@gmail.com

Thanks

Harri