My Last Run

Comments

• 3.2M, still very easy and slow, just making sure I stay in one piece!

Spring is knocking on the door in Portsmouth....

• JT141JT141 ✭✭✭
    Good to have you back Dutch. Speaking of injuries, ouch, my ankle hurts. 10.6 miles today in 1hr35. Very strange and very very slow run. Off road with numerous fences, gates, ditches to get over and dogs to fend off. Couldn't get going, then had a real listless wobble at 3 miles. Picked myself back up again. Ran down a rough track dead end (seemingly beloved of fly tippers and heroin users) and had to double back. At about 4 miles got a tweak at the back of my ankle. Kept going gingerly, but was hobbling by the end. I'm sure it will be fine.
  • JT: keep an eye on the ankle, you do not want to make it worse by running on it if it is not better.

2 & 1/2 miles for me on the treadmill in 21:50, nice gentle recovery pace.

• JT141JT141 ✭✭✭
    Cheers Solent. It's iced and strapped up. Think I hurt it slightly yesterday at the gym. Obviously the strain on it has shown with the run. I don't have the chance to run again until Friday anyway at the earliest. Hope you all enjoy the good weather that's supposed to be coming.
  • Had planned to do 400m sprints with club tonight but trains from Waterloo were all delayed due to signalling problems.

Tried out my new minimalist trainers instead. Just did a short very slow run.
    4.38 miles at 7 04 m/m pace
  • Hi, Dutch Francis - great to see you back & posting again!

Recent entries show the ups & downs of running, I think, so well done to the mileage merchants and take good care to those with niggles image

A regular 5 miles at 0630 down past the Marina & up a deserted beach with only Gormley's 'Iron Men' for company.

• Tue 9.00pm - 8.4km (40.20) - slow/steady off road

blustery but well sheltered by the woodland.

not a good idea to have 2 nutella-laden pancakes 10 minutes before going outimage 

keep it going MLR'ersimage

• I'm new to this thread - I felt the need to tell people who'll listen about my running!

I dropped five minutes off my 10 mile PB from last summer today (1:40:41), so I'm pretty happy. Training's finally paying off!
  • 4M in pouring rain, soaked !
  • Hmmm.... interesting. 4 miles last night in 9.42 m/m. What was the difference between last night's run and Monday's disappointing one? Could it be that I had drunk more during the day and so was more hydrated? I don't know, but I was also in a better frame of mind, so that might have been the clincher. image
  • Hey I've not posted on here for quite a while. I have run the Virgin London marathon since! I ran last night despite feeling knackered. Set off and just saw where I took myself. Pretty much ran around Hillingdon, just under 4 miles. I am still looking for the running mojo, 4 miles seems to be about as far as I can be bothered at the moment. Hopefully with the arrival of spring soon I may be inspired to run further.

Anyone missed me? image

• 7 miler in Chalfont St Peter bit slow cos of a 7 miler i did yesterday along the grand union canal in West london .
    Wanna do a long one either thurs or friday buy my mojo has been taken from me.
  • 12 & 1/2 miles for me in 1:43:14, so bang on my target 8:15 m/m pace. Was quiet down the beach today but was windy with drizzly rain so probably explains why.
  • iRun, you're a legend!  You "founded" this thread if I recall correctly in 2007 and are famous for the detailed descriptons of the routes you run and the hazards posed by traffic lights! image

An unremarkable 5 miles on the roads of Waterloo & Crosby on a very mild morning.  Recovery from the Sunday 20-miler is almost complete!! image

• Yesterday 3.3 tempo
    Today 8x hill reps and 4x100m sprints with the club, which was hard / fun
    Lots of injuries on this ATM, take it easy folks
  • No worries Squawk,

irun, been a while. Second day of treadmill at work after 5 min warm ups on bike. two 30 min sessions. Both knees sore but ok, may do another tomorrow, I was pleased we have a shower at work as I was leaking in the warm gym!

Take care all, Bobejaan image

• 5 treadmill miles for me at lunch in 39 minutes, so 7:45 m/m. Seems to be a bit quieter in the gym again after the mad New Year rush.
  • Thur 7.00pm - 14.5km (65.30) 'speedplay' -unfortunately it felt like more 'play' than 'speed'image

mild evening for running - time to put the hat and gloves away???

Bobejaan - hope those knees behave themselvesimage

good running everyoneimage

• 5.2 miles for me this lunchtime, in the sunshine, along the Thames to Tower Bridge and back from Westminster....

Lovely run, first one I've done since my 1/2 marathon on Sunday, and my legs felt nice and strong, pain free, and good to get them moving again.

Back to normal training now image
  • A relaxed club run tonight. 5.62 miles at 7.08 m/m pace. Going slower this week after racing the last two weekends. Aim to pick it up at the weekend with a 20 mile long training run.
  • 15 degrees.

No wind, no rain

Bright and sunny

Did 15 minutes tempo run between 3:58 and 4:09 min/km pace bookended with a  10 minute warm up and cool down run.

Average pace by Garmin 4.07 min/km

Tomorrow rest day

Plan to do 16 mile long run Saturday  morning between 7:31 and 8:31 min/mile pace.

I have a 10k in April which I will batter like a red headed step child.

Yes I do plan ahead.

• Run with the club.

2 1/2 mile warm up, 4x1 mile intervals at 7min/ mile pace, 2 mile warm down. Nice session.

• Fartlek yesterday and  4.5M Easy / Steady today.
  • 15 miles for me this morning in 2:03:30, so 8:14 m/m pace which was one second per mile faster then planned, so not that far under target. Average was all over the place with first 9 miles or so 3 minutes  ahead of target so had to slow it down between 9 and 12 miles then speed it up again for remainder of run. First time this year I have been out in just shorts and vest in training, was still a little cool along the beach but when out of the wind was plenty warm enough.
  • Stephen E Forde wrote (see)
    I have a 10k in April which I will batter like a red headed step child.

Love this......... utterly politicially incorrect, but made me laugh!image

• 10.5 miles in west London - coming back along the Grand union canal on the viaduct over the A406 saw a helicopter parked on the north bound carriageway ! I'd have stopped for a longer gawp if I wasn't running.

BTW it was a slowish one after having ran 2 days already albeit only 7 miles on each day ... but my feet are hurting. Needs a rest day ..... so got on the mountain bike for 2.5hrs at a leisurely pace around Black Park.
    weekend off now ... having a few beers tonight - (shock horror !)
  • 6.7 miles for me tonight in 54 mins - ran home as part of my commute, so got off the train 3 stops early.

Was disappointingly hard work tonight, but hopefully that is just the after effects of a busy week at work?....

Rest day tomorrow, and then planning a nice slow 13-14 miles off-road on Sunday.

Thank feck it's Friday! image
  • Headed towards the Marina and toured Crosby Coastal Park around 7am - shorts & T-shirt were quite adequate, clothing wise.  390 days on the Streak, StreakSaver tomorrow and maybe two hours slow stuff Sunday. image
  • I fell off my bike commuting yesterday... what a dickhead, completely my fault! Bit bruised so only 3.5 miles this morning and a 10k race tomorrow