Blogs, Twitter, Facebook, Forums

I only have 60 minutes every hour. I can no longer keep up with every twitter, FB, blog or forum posting. (So don't, I hear you say)

It's often the same people I'm linked to on each. I still wish to stay in touch but the means to do so has now become such hard work wading through so much, to extract a little.

I'm almost returning to real life... (having loved a virtual life)

Is this normal?

Comments

• I use the telephone, email and <gasp!> face to face meetings image

I can see the uses of all these social media, and have to work with some of them as part of my job, but away from work - no thanks. It's the real world for me and I find it rather sad that people spend more time updating their Facebook about what they're doing than actually doing things.

• I don't dislike either FB or blogs individually - I'm just overloaded with them and face to face appeals more and more. It's turning full circle for me
  • I only tend to use social media to keep in contact with people who I don't see regularly, or to organise sporting meet ups.  I really don't see the point in using it to talk to colleagues, family or people I see weekly at my various clubs.

I agree that it can get a bit overwhelming if you don't have the time to keep on top of it.

• I only use FB, I find that's enough to keep in contact with friends and family online, otherwise I just phone or email them!
  • I've just realised who you are on FB Moo! image
  • compo 1compo 1 ✭✭✭
    I am on facebook but do not go on for a long time gave up games after it kept freezing up FB seem to keep changing things think they know what the users want they should consult uses etc
  • Only FB  but don't do the game things (whatever they are).  Can pick and choose who I have in my space  which is a bonusimage
  • SezzSezz ✭✭✭
    I don't really read blogs, one or two perhaps. I rarely go on forums - first time on here in a zillion years this week.

Facebook and Twitter are my main thing. FB for friends and acquaintances plus I have a business page. Twitter is mainly biz related plus some inane ramblings and random conversations - although I have made friends via Twitter. Email is becoming the slowest form of communication I think. If I know someone is on FB I'll msg them.

Phone is making a comeback I reckon, but a lot of time I use text. I often talk to my Mum on Skype.
  • Facebook for keeping in touch with widespread friends and family, this place less often as I've retired from running, used to blog regularly, but haven't for over 18 months, and don't read as many...I can't remember the last time I read one to be honest.

I spend a lot of time on another hobby forum, it's just reached over 2,000,000 members, so there's always a thread to interest/annoy/educate/inform or just amuse...and no spam!

• I was having a bad day image

I like FB but do find it odd having a mix of friends on there. I'm quite compartmentalised. Many know different facets of my life and are probably a bit image when exposed to the other bits 

I like keeping up with friends but just find there are now soooooo many options that I can't cope