FLM Virgin

Comments

• Wow trig, I think I have 44 more to go.......last Sat was the 1st anniversary of our park run so they had a little party after the run. Once I'm a bit more recovered I'll volunteer again, and then one day may even run again!

Good running daz.
  • 50th Parkrun - that is impressive! I'm like Caro and prob need another 40'ish lol.

Had planned to rest today, and run last 8 of week tomorrow. Now I'm going to footie I had to do the miles today (although I've no doubt we'll walk for miles tomorrow around Wembley etc). However, due to other commitments I only had time for 5 but did them at 7:06 avg pace so well pleased after 17 yesterday.

I'm starting the football ritual early, beer soon image, and hot-tub later to rest my weary body.

Have a great weekend all!
  • God I could do with a hot tub! Our hot water pipe to the bathroom started leaking on tues so our bathroom is out of action, just when I would love to be having baths!! At least we have a separate shower, but it is not the same image
  • Oh dear Caro, that's not the best of timing is it?   Hope it gets sorted soon, I'm sure you deserve a nice soak in the bath.
  • Oh poor you Caro.  I'm with Daz in hoping that it gets sorted too!

LOL about the tough cross country today - I came 10th out of 57th - I still haven't stopped laughing and have been practicing my Usain Bolt pose throughout the house!  I think quite a few of the niftier runners might have been at the national cross country championships.  That having been said if you're going to pick a fight - pick one you can win and I've never been 10th in any event ever so am well chuffed! imageimage

• 50th Parkrun - that is impressive! I'm like Caro and prob need another 40'ish lol.

Had planned to rest today, and run last 8 of week tomorrow. Now I'm going to footie I had to do the miles today (although I've no doubt we'll walk for miles tomorrow around Wembley etc). However, due to other commitments I only had time for 5 but did them at 7:06 avg pace so well pleased after 17 yesterday.

I'm starting the football ritual early, beer soon image, and hot-tub later to rest my weary body.

Have a great weekend all!
  • Good game   image      but wrong result Daz..image... the Blues played well. never gave up....
  • Not much fun for those of us married to Spurs fans either Gatton!
  • Yep Trigg another good game with wrong result.... have to say the gooners did well though

"It's only a game " so they say....

• I just couldn't believe it.  I went out shopping when they were 2-0 up, come back to find out first half finished 2-2 and witnessed the sorry second half debacle from the couch image

• Hi everyone - finally found time to pop in after so long to say hello!  Hope everyone is fit and well and injury free - Gatton how is the jogging coming along?  Mr T now cycling 30 miles at a time at weekends and not even a year since his op.

Fab news on arrival of baby Eric - many congrats Caroimage

Been keeping in touch with most of you via facebook but how is running going for you all and who is doing London/Brighton/Paris or other marathon?  Can't believe its 6 years since i first came on here!!  I'm doing Brighton and really hoping to get closer to the magic 4 hrs.  Running 45 ish miles per week at the moment so all I seem to do is work, eat, sleep, run! Oh and cart Little Pinks around to various rowing training/events.

• Looking Good Pinks.. Jogging is coming along but have to admit that most of my time at the moment is taken up with Olympic training. I have to be fit enough to be on my feet for anything up to 8 hrs at a streach so am quite happy with how things are coming along. Great news about S tell him well done from me. Whether I will be fit enough for the Birmingham half remains to be seen but will make sure I am taking things carefully.
  • Daz- Not me guv' it was a gym morning for me Saturday. Did plod an 18 miler yesterday morning then discovered I had actually done 19.2 because I forgot to cut across the stockport road bridleway right at the end and felt every single bit of that last mile.

• I meant Thursday. My brain is mush.
  • Indeed Gatton, finally coming to terms with the loss lol. But not convinced about your "it's only a game" comment!

Did a 8-mile run whilst tired & hungover today, but still banging out at 7:41 avg so my base fitness and speed seems ok. Might race this weekend.

Ah but Trigg, Spurs were well spanked lol. We left Marleybone with score at 1-0, then by time we got to next pub in Wembley it was 3-2 and we watched until the finish.

Fair enough Jiminey, I'm sure I'll spot you soon lol. Will keep my eyes open when running around the metropolis. Just plan a few short tuns around the airfield this week.
  • Quiet on here! I suppose you're all training hard?

Usual for me training wise, just keep plodding away, 166 miles done in Feb so not bad.
  • Trig is probably out celebrating after completing her 50th park run today!

Do we have to talk about football?? Blah blah blah blah!
  • Nice one on doing 50 Trigg.

Llanelli Half Marathon this morning for me, a gentle plod and felt comfortable all the way round.
  • Well done Daz.... i was at Milton Keynes Half... rain,rain, and more rain then snow... things we do on a Sunday morning eh !!!!!
  • trigger2trigger2 ✭✭✭

Hah!  I'd celebrate if they'd recorded my time image  Trying to get it sorted out now!

Well done on doing Llanelli half - just out for a little plod in the rain myself.  Am starting to train for my first 10k now.  Want to crack my pb of 58 minutes - fingers crossed!

• I'd read that MK was very wet Gatton, but snow as well, ouch.

Did you forget your barcode Trigg lol???

Our race was supposed to be wet, but thankfully apart from one or two little showers it stayed mostly dry, but the wind was a bitch in places.

Was not my fastest Half, but deliberately ran it as a training session and felt quite strong, no gels required, avg 6:54 pace which computes up to a 3:09 Mara time, which I'd bloody love.

Did 5-mile recovery run earlier, and an hour of boxercise. Tired now, time for a rest.

• Blimey Daz, it'd take me about that long to walk round the block these days!  Well, not quite, but you get what I mean!  Have been getting back into some regular exercise since Christmas and it's going well but it's going to be a long time before I'm back running regularly.  Still, start as we mean to go on, ay?

• JimineyJiminey ✭✭✭

Oh lordy you're all doing so well!

Sunday's run was an awful experience. Set out for an 18 mile but completely lost all momentum after 6 miles in the Woodford Valley with the rain and the wind and the snow. I know it was just a one off and I can run 18 miles (as proved last week) but oh. my. God. who hits a wall at 6 miles??? Me apparently!

• Well, as you say VB you've made a start so for most that's the hardest part - keep at it.

Don't panic Jiminey, read back a page or two and you'll see I had a bad run where everything hurt and seemed to go wrong. With amount of training you're doing, law of averages means everyone will have a bad run (or two) during training. Better now than on race day.

Offers still there of a training run/coaching sesh if you want it around camp?

Just been lining up a few 20-mile races in next few weeks, bring it on.
  • trigger2trigger2 ✭✭✭
    Have just realised that the Expo is the week after Easter holidays so I doubt whether I'll get there.  It's going to be really busy at school around that time as our Headteacher is retiring and we'll be smack in the middle of appointing another one image  Will have a look at the diary and see if I can sneak up after school.
  • A few 20 mile races? How many do you need??
  • trigger2trigger2 ✭✭✭

He's showing off (again!) Caro!

• Will def miss you Trigg if you can''t make it.  When working at the Olympic park it is so near yet so far from you. Even have a job at the Redbridge Cycle Park so close to Caro as well. No I am no good at taking children to the shops ...lol..
  • trigger2trigger2 ✭✭✭
    Gatton - if I did get up there would you be there around 5ish or would you be clocking off early?
  • image Trigg.

Possibly two races, aim for a 20-miler training run this weekend, then Rhayader 20 then Sam Dom 20 on the two weekends after.

Another 5 yest and 5 today. The problem with working here is that it can be very exposed, wind this morning was a howler!