Berlin Marathon Entry

Hi There,

I hope that somebody can help me out with this request, as it's driving me crazy!

I would like to run the Berlin marathon this year, but when I go to sign up it says that the only way to get a ticket is to run for charity. I am hoping to run for my charity, Acorns, but it seems to only allow you to sign up for specific charities, Acorns not being one of them image I have asked Acorns if they can get me a ticket, but alas, all of the charity places are sold!

Is there any way you can buy a personal entry into the marathon, without having to buy a crazy expensive package like Sports Tours International? I used them last year for the NY marathon and I really enjoyed myself, but I'm still paying off the trip now! Ideally I would like to buy entry and possibly stay with friends who live in Germany.

Any help would be very much appreciated image

Cheers,

Sean

Comments

• Hi Sean, the Berlin marathon general entry is sold out so the only option is their partnered charities or a package through a tour operator, it does fill really quickly so best to keep an eye out for the opening of the 2013 event.

Best of luck with your charity running.

James

• Thanks very much for the response, although I'm feeling a little disappointed. Looks like the evil Sports Tours win again image I will have to man up and pay them their money!

Good luck with your future running!

• E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭
    From my experience  - you need to apply the day that Berlin opens otherwise it's only charities/travel companies. I guess it's time to make plans for 2013 if you cannot get a place with your charity.
  • WrightSG wrote (see)

Thanks very much for the response, although I'm feeling a little disappointed. Looks like the evil Sports Tours win again image I will have to man up and pay them their money!

Good luck with your future running!

Don't give in to them. There are plenty of other marathons to enter.
  • Sean - there are plenty of other city marathons in Germany, many in cities served by budget airlines.  Have a look at the listings.  I agree with other posters - make Berlin your target race for 2013 and do something else this year.  Particularly if you are supporting a charity, why pay money to a tour company when you could, if you chose, use it to boost your charitable donation?  Keep an eye on the opening date for entries (probably sometime in October 2012) and make sure you get in early, as the cost ratchets up pretty quick. I was slow off the mark this year and ended up paying 100 euros when it really didn't have to cost me more than 60 euros.
  • Hey Runners,

If you want to run the Berlin Marathon, you should sign up now with Team for Kids.  TFK starts youth running programs in lower-income schools and the fundraising commitment for 2012 BMW Berlin Marathon is only $1,500.  To register, create a profile by going to the website below and click "JOIN TODAY".  Email teamforkids@nyrr.org with any questions.

http://www.runwithtfk.org/

I agree that it's much better to run for a charity...you get to help others and in this case, it's even cheaper!

• Hi Wright I have two tickets for sale, I can't make it this time, please let me knoe if you Re interested
  • Ana Pulido wrote (see)
    Hi Wright I have two tickets for sale, I can't make it this time, please let me knoe if you Re interested

Hey I just found out I'm travelling to Berlin that weekend. You can transfer your race entry? I would buy one or maybe both for sure.

• Of course I can transfer both of them.  I will sell them for you in the same price I payed, that is 129 euros each.  I will love to sell both of them together (this is my husband´s and mine). Are you interested?

• Hi. I'm looking for a marathon number. Please email me Darren_lock@hotmail.com
  • Hi Ana,

Shall one entry ticket still be available, please contact me at tarmo_muursepp at hotmail.com

Would very much appreciate the opportunity image

Thanks in advance,

Tarmo Thomas

• Hello guys,

i'm also interesting if someone  has an entery ticket  for berlin maraton...

please contact me at:    k98spec@yahoo.com

grazie mille

marija