Talkback: Nike LunarGlide+

I was really sceptical about them at first. Didn't want to believe the Nike PR hype but they are actually really good. A great balance they feel like one of the Nike Free range but with a touch of stability which suits me just fine. They are really great running shoes.

P.S I got mine from www.ransacker.co.uk for £69.99.

Comments

• Let me guess, you've got a vested interest in "ransacker"?
  • are realy designed for a lot of km?

• Are these shoes good for running marathons
  • I also got my Nike running shoes from Ransacker - or got the best price their anyway -

I run 5km per night and these have had no ill effects on my dodgy ankles!!

Keep up the good work Nike!!

• Thinking of gettin these, they look really good!!

Seen them this afternoon in sports direct for £59.99 next door in jjb they're £80

• The Lunarglides are a great example of marketing hype for what is a very simple product.

Despite the name (very cynical Nike....) the Lunarglides don't contain the Lunarlite foam the original Lunar shoes did (the Lunar Trainer and Racer). The midsole is no more high-tech than simple EVA foam, albeit different densities in a wedge shape to provide stability.

This means they are nice and soft, but don't last long. Can imagine they're also incredibly cheap to produce and so make Nike lots of cash at £80 a pop.

That said, I have worn them and they're nice shoes. Just don't think you are really buying "Rocket Science" or that they will last long.

• Contrary to what Nike will tell you , these aren't for everyone. That "wedge" pushes my feet out to the lateral side, which feels awful and I am now nursing a lovely calf strain.

Might buy some Lunar Elites instead, but more likely go back to Mizuno's.

• Stevie seeStevie see ✭✭✭
    I had a pair and they pushed my feet to point outwards, the toebox is huge and, as mentioned above, they are tall. I went back to my decrepid Nike starts. Now I'm in Elites... they are great.
  • redred ✭✭✭
    any good for heavy runners?
  • nike lunarglide+ is good for wear.Light and air.
    share a good website with you . <a href="http://www.airshoeline.com"><strong>nike lunarglide+</strong></a> .With good quality and low price here, many varieties, welcome to buy
  • http://www.airshoeline.com
    http://www.airshoeline.com
    http://www.airshoeline.com
    This is a very good website, cheap price, good quality and variety. Main products are:nike blazer shoes,blazer

shoes,Nike free 5.0,Nike free 5.0 V4,Nike free v4,nike lunarglide,nike lunarglide and so on.

• AndrewB10AndrewB10 ✭✭✭
    spam spam spam spam
  • I was in my local running shop today talking about these while buying myself a new running pack.

I'm also a fan of Pegasus, I think I'm a borderline case when it comes to support shoes; plus due to an old injury I think I strike oddly on my right foot.  They've suggested I might want to give a pair of these a go if I fancy a change from the Pegasus; next chance I have to nip along to a gait analysis I think I'll give a pair of these a go next to this years new Pegasus (which they've binned the front air chamber in apparently).

I'm interested in any other comments from other Pegasus wearers with regards to these image

• Hi D2D. I tried to share Lunarglide stories with you on the other thread you started about them but you seemed too busy chiding us for relpying to notice, so I'll try again here!

You can't have tried a different version in the shop, as Nike have only released one version of the Lunarglide to date, albeit in different colourways. When I spoke to a rep from Nike they told me that the Lunarglide 2 is due for release later this year, with a couple of midifications from the original, as follows.

First, they are going to address the outsole wear problem that many wearers have reported. As I mentioned earlier I have only done 250 miles in my first pair and they already show signs of significant wear, so I think you are correct to be suspicious that they might not last a full 500. I'm fairly sure the problem is specific to the shoes as my running action is rather light despite my size, because I take short strides. Also, I have not had any issues with wear with any previous Nike shoes (Asics on the other hand....!).

The other change they are planning to make is to reduce the size of the toe box. I think this will improve the fit because even I find it a little roomy and my feet are quite wide and boxy.

On the whole though, I love these shoes as they feel quite light and flexible for the amount of cushioning. I've had no problems covering longer distances in them either. I did a marathon as well as a couple of my longer training runs (>20 miles ) in them, and they felt fine and adequately supportive.

Ironically I have since picked up an injury running in my more sturdy Saucony Progrid Triumph 7s, so I've got nothing else to add for now.

Sorry that got so long. I do hope it's helpful. I would be interested to hear your views when you've got some more miles on them, because I know you struggle with injuries too.

• WHY, if you have tried some shoes and claim them to be "not for you" would you then go and buy some (even if you got them cheap and second hand on ebay) sorry, but I brought a pair new, didnt get on with them, put it down as a bad experiance, gave the shoes away, and will not be trying any more!

• Br1an, I think Nike are wrong to market this shoe as being suitable for all runners. Call me cynical, but common sense tells you that no single shoe is going to be good for everyone!

I'm sorry you had a bad experience with the shoes. Hopefully you have found a more suitable shoe for you now. But why are you so worried about why or why not anyone else might purchase the shoes?

• I managed 150 miles in my glides before coming to a sudden halt with stabbing knee pain. up till hen it ws like wearing a apir of slippers  -mega comfy, but I have my suspicions about the support they provide.

They are naw a very expensive pai of "leisure" trainers for me and I wont run in them.

I'd say they are good for generally neutral runners with a very slight pronation issue - steer clear if you are a moderate to severe pronator

• GraemeKGraemeK ✭✭✭
    Even after 6 months in them, I'm still getting blisters above 10-12 miles. Having said that, they are in general very comfortable and I will buy another pair, probably LG2 to see if the hot spot that causes the blisters has gone. I've one foot that pronates and one neutral and have had no problems. Yet.
  • How does everyone afford to buy so many pairs of shoes. I've always run in Asics kayanos but havent been totally happy with the 15 and 16s and have just changed to saucony hurricane12s. They're all support shoes and have been suffering with plantar fasciitus this year. Got my fingers crossed but if they don't help I'll have to carry on running in them for at least 300 miles.
  • <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">
    <HTML><HEAD>
    <META content="text/html; charset=gb2312" http-equiv=Content-Type>
    <META name=GENERATOR content="MSHTML 8.00.6001.18702"></HEAD>
    <BODY>
    <P>Casio watches are widely available since their original launch with
    calculators in 1954. They come in every shape and size for every type of need
    that you might have. If you have a technological need to add to the watch then
    you definitely want a Casio watch.<a href="http://www.edificesale.com/ef535bk1a-p-99.html&quot; title="casio ef 535"><strong>casio ef 535</strong></a>
     Here is some history on Casio and the types
    of watches that they have available today. They are timeless and really fun for
    the geek in your lifTadio Kashio began Casio after discovering a need that had
    to be filled in the area of watches. He had a reputation for being a genius at
    this. His Casio brand is well known throughout the world today. His watches are
    legendary. He started with the first quartz crystal watch. This was such a huge
    success that his reputation with watches has become a household name.</P>
    <P>There are many types of Casio watches available for ladies, men and children.
    Some of the best pieces are the technology watches. He was one of the first to
    create a watch that integrated a <a href="http://www.edificesale.com/ef535bk1a-p-99.html&quot; title="casio ef 535"><strong>casio ef 535</strong></a>
    calculator in the watch. Men really found this
    design to be both useful and a desirable watch visually as well.His ladies
    watches were not at all less than their counterparts. The ladies were smaller
    versions of the men's watches. Children's watches were much the same. This
    allowed the entire family to have a watch that was useful and modern.</P>
    <P>Today Casio offers watches that are branded as the toughest watches in the
    world. They are truly the piece for today's active lifestyle. Many are both
    technologically fascinating and waterproof as well. You can have everything that
    you need in a watch and some cool <a href="http://www.edificesale.com/casio-c-1.html&quot; title="casio watches"><strong>casio watches</strong></a>
    tech toys as well. They are fun and
    functionally reliable.The GW3000 Series is the latest in releases of tough
    watches. Used widely by the military the GW3000 Series is a watch for anyone
    that needs to have functionality and ruggedness. You can get your G's on at
    heights that any pilot in the military services will admire. It is simply
    amazing.<BR></P></BODY></HTML>