Hilliest races ion your continent

Two queries here:
1.Haworth Hobble: I am interested in running this 32 miler. I am not familiar with fell running. How does it differ from running on trails? (Are there trails? Or do we bushwhack and need a compass?) Is the surface rocky or smooth footing? And how far is it from the airports in London? Is there a train service out to this part of England - start of the race or will I need to rent a vehicle? Also, we checked out the Haworth Hobble website and can't really find any photos of the actual course. Any visuals you can provide will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

2. Hilliest Marathons & Ultras (road &/or trail) in England, Scotland, Ireland & rest of Europe: I'd like to do a run on your continent in February or March of 2011 as training run for Comrades in South Africa. Hard to find hilly races back here (eastern U.S.) in the dead of winter and perhaps even harder across the pond but if anyone can provide me with their recommendations for the hilliest Euro races (in both ascent & descent), marathon distance and beyond), we'd be much obliged.

Thank you!

Comments