Talkback: Brooks ADRENALINE GTS 11

Fantastic shoe, previuosly used the Asics Kayano range but these do it for me. Perfect fit and stability is spot on. Enjoy every stride in these.

Comments

• I have just got the GTS 11's, I have had about 4 or 5 pairs of 10's, they feel a litle roomier to me, but it might just be that new shoe feeling as all of my GTS10's have about 500miles on them and are well worn in. I can just notice the DNA cushioning in the forefoot (i am a midfoot runner) but not in a bad way, did 10mile run in them straight out of the box last night and no issues. Will give them a proper workout this weekend.

• The GTS 10 is my personal workhorse and I love it.  For mixed terrain ultras, it is in a class by itself among the road shoes in its support category. 

Have not taken the plunge with the GTS11 yet.  I am a little bit concerned that the DNA might not retain its characteristics as well as the hydro flow did, but time will tell. 

• Had by GTS11's about a months and a half now and absolutley love them - they are my first pair of proper running shoe. I did get a blister on the arch of each foot but i think this was mostly due to my feet being new to running and me increasing distance.

• It might be just the runnung in factor but they feel heavier than the 10s

• The 11 is better than the 9, but not a patch on the 10 IMHO

Initially I found the GTS 11 more comfortable than the 10s (which I love). But then I started to get a pain in the front of my foot (behind toes, on sole). Im assuming this is the DNA not supporting the foot equally across the shoe. Have retired to the 10s, and Im looking for a few pairs before they all disappear.

• PMO - I found exactly the same and am clinging on to my GTS 10s now!
  • Done 4 runs in mine so far and I must say they've been a dream. Used to have Vapor 8s, but these are a lot more comfortable and just make running feel a little more effortless image
  • Interesting to hear pmo and minniemonster as I've run in Adrenalines for many years with no problems but sent one pair of 11's back and now 2nd pair is giving me the same problem. I find they're superb till 5 miles but then dna seems to break down to form a ridge. Back running in old pair of 10's, now desperately searching the web for some new ones
  • Bullseye has it spot on!

I loved my pair of GTS10s and they got me through many many runs long and short. I was really hoping that these would be the same.

They really weren't/aren't in my opinion. The ride is a lot firmer and theres not the support in the arch that the 10s gave me.

Needless to say I bought them at the start of december and despite getting me round a 16mile run having worn them in a bit they contributed heavily to me getting symptoms akin to shin splints. Which promptly disappeared after a couple of weeks in the old 10s.

I too am trawling the net for recommendations as to what could replace them. Though after another pb today i think the 10s might have a few miles in them yet.
  • I thought it was in my head the small pain on my ball on the big toe but yes, sounds like the same problems above !

Only problem too is how it treats my toes as feels cramp in. May go back to my 10's this week to compare as I already ran 60 miles in the 11's to give it a go.

I can't describe shoes properties to describe why it may be giving these problems so I am not going to try! image

• I've had the same problem with my second pair of GTS11's. I'm now on my 6th pair of Adrenaline's without any previous problems. My first pair of 11's were great but the second pair I've had a pain on my right side, ball of my foot. I thought it was just me but then I tend to run on the outside of my feet. I'm finding that my feet ache more than my legs when on long runs...on the positive it give me something else to think about I guess!!

I love Brooks so am hoping that the GTS 12's are better.

• I've had no problems with Adrenalines -Think I'm on my 9th or 10th pair at the moment. When it comes to new shoe time I try other makes and models but always comeback to the Adrenaline. Never had any blisters or related problems. The only whinge I have is the price but then again you gets what you paid for.....

• Just bought pair of GTS 12's and Ravenna 3's.  Sweatshop are selling a 2nd pair for just £25 when you buy the first pair at full price.  For £120 I've now got 2 pairs!  Bargain - offer on until the 18th March.
  • I tried on some 12's this week - the heel cup feels higher to me and with a long history of Achilles problems put me off - have started to stock pile the 11's! The Adrenalines have always been lower than other equivalent shoes
  • Just started back to running after several years of a break. Have always loved brooks adrenaline's but the last pair I had were 7's. Have just ordered a pair of the 11's. Hope I don't have a problem with these. Before Brooks I wore Ascis but always got blistered under my arch with them. Hope this doesn't happen with these as I see others have had this problem.
  • the new union jack ltd's of these look great image
  • So disappointed with these. Order came very quickly but they are much narrower than previous ones. Tried walking around house in them but they are going to hurt my feet. Need to return them. Have worn Adrenaline's for years with no problems so not sure what to get. Only 3 weeks till VLM and no new shoes.
  • Speedy.G !!!!!!!!! wrote (see)
    So disappointed with these. Order came very quickly but they are much narrower than previous ones. Tried walking around house in them but they are going to hurt my feet. Need to return them. Have worn Adrenaline's for years with no problems so not sure what to get. Only 3 weeks till VLM and no new shoes.
    What about a 2E version....?