Sore left knee after my long run's

My left  knee become's sore after my long run's. I think I put it down to my running arm technique not moving in a pendulum motion from my shoulders I tend to slighly swing the shoulders which only slightly causes me to compensate for this in my legs. Generally my leg movement is fine when I run but I'm convinced it's my arm movement causing the slight imbalance to irritate the knee (the right knee is fine only on my left knee).
I've tried correcting this arm motion but after 3/4km I enventaully I fall back into this slight swinging motion.
Any advice or thoughts

Comments

• I get trouble with my left knee only too.

lots of things make it worse, from referred pain from my thigh muscles, to doing squats with creaky old knees but i think it bascially stems from having a flatter arch on my left foot than on my right. 

• Some people say it could be down to the road camber and try to run on as straight flat surfaces as possible but this has only really started after I'd slowly increased my weekly milage from 18 miles to 35 miles a week.

My kness do creak when I stretch....well at least I think it's my knees.

• might be.

try running off road too as running on road all the time you are using the exact same muscles. running off road, you bring in different muscles? 

• Ah, the left knee...I've just been told to stop running for a little while after I went to a physio with my sore left knee. It turns out the knee isn't the problem, it's my IT band. Have been going twice a week for deep tissue massage which makes me whimper in pain. Might be worth getting it checked out, as I ignored mine and am now paying the price.