Power of 10 - UKA

Hi all,

I've recently joined an athletics club and ran a few races. On my clubs website, each individual runners name is highlighted, which, if clicked opens a new window linking directly onto Power of 10

http://www.thepowerof10.info/

This website demonstrates each individual run a person has done and records their time in each race.

I've signed up to this site but unsure how my times from races gets recorded and how I record previous runs. Can anyone advise?

Comments

• Stevie  GStevie G ✭✭✭✭

if it's a UKA affiliated race and you get certain qualifying times you'll automatically get recorded.

16.45 5k
    36:00 10k
    1:20:00 half
    3:00  marathon

28 for 5m and 58 for 10m

If it's an ARC race they'll refuse to put it on.

You can add any UKA race result you've had on yourself.

I'm unclear how many non qualifying times they put on automatically these days, I'm sure it's gone up..

• Steve, I think if it's a UKA race they put all the times on the database, but they only show on the listings if they are a qualified time. If you search by name or club however you'll find loads of people listed with times that don't meet the criteria (like me).
  • All UKA race results and parkruns from recent years should be on powerof10, however you only appear on the Athlete search results if you have achieved one of the 'standard' times that Stevie G listed, or if you specifically request to be included in the Athlete search results.

Regardless of whether you appear in the Athlete search results, if you have registered on either runbritainrankings or powerof10 then your data will be on both waiting for you to log in to see it. They share the same user database, so for example if you know your athleteid from the URL of your runbritainrankings profile then you can just paste it onto the end of the equivalent powerof10 URL and voila, bookmarkable link with no need to log in:
    http://www.thepowerof10.info/athletes/profile.aspx?athleteid=
  • UKA exclude ARC races from the Power of 10 rankings in order to make life more difficult for ARC. In fact very few races that have taken an ARC permit ever return to licensing with UKA.
    ARC have now started their own rankings scheme as from 1st January 2012. This can be accessed via the ARC website www.runningclubs.org.uk.

An increasing number of races are now taking ARC permits to avoid the ever increasing bureaucracy and over regulation associated with a UKA licence.