Ricky Gervais, what a prise arsehole

2»

Comments

• The Silent Assassin wrote (see)

"I don't think she'd be where she is today if it wasn't for the fact that she looked like such a f–king mong.

She is an ok singer, but it is true though that if she didn't look like she does she wouldn't have got through the first round.

Mongoloid was a term use to describe people from Central, East Asia (Mongolia) that shared certain physical traits.

Down syndrome affected people were called "mongolian idiots" as they looked similar in some respects to  the Mongolians.

• popsiderpopsider ✭✭✭
    Disagree - think she's made it in spite of her image not because of it - she's not really my type of music but I can't see how anyone can doubt her voice.

As for RG - I think he can be funny so yes I would laugh at him and watch some of his stuff - but his comments in this instance are offensive and misjudged. Doesn't mean I think he's a **** just that in this instance he's acted like one.
  • popsider wrote (see)
    Disagree - think she's made it in spite of her image not because of it - she's not really my type of music but I can't see how anyone can doubt her voice. As for RG - I think he can be funny so yes I would laugh at him and watch some of his stuff - but his comments in this instance are offensive and misjudged. Doesn't mean I think he's a **** just that in this instance he's acted like one.

Disagree - she can sing (but she is'nt that good, just listened to "enjoy the silence" and that is awful) but there were probably a dozen other "normal" looking women at the same auditions just as good that never got on the tv show because they didn't suprise/shock anyone.

People voted for her because she was a freak (in the nicest sense)

• popsiderpopsider ✭✭✭
    In what way is she a freak ? She isn't a freak at all - except in the sense that people with her image rarely make it as famous singers.
  • I like subo more than I like Ricky gervais. He is a twat. She has a great voice and any problems she has weren't of her own making.
    He can choose to be a good guy but he chooses to be a c*nt. well, bully for him. Yay Ricky.