wye ultra

can't believe its this saturday...anyone from here doing it.....reading the info its not as easy as I was hoping for......

Comments

• Was thinking of it Seren but not sure my hip flexor is up to it. Lots of time for the MCN guys though really well organised races
  • all the race reports of the other races i have read have been good......just hope that i am up to it as since christmas have changed my emphasis from running to cycling.......hope it doesn't have too much affect on my completion of the course....

hope your hip sorts itself soon
  • GeeeMGeeeM ✭✭✭

Yes - I'm doing it image

So - it's an early start on Saturday - coaches from the finish at 05:45! Hopefully it's a little less challenging underfoot than the MCN Brecon 40 in December.

I'm using it as a training run for Fellsman and then onto my first 100-miler in August, (NDW100) so won't be breaking any speed records - probably somewhere around 10.5 - 11.5 hours for me.

Good luck, here's hoping the weather is good!

• has anyone who has done it done the likeys beacons challenge or the lakeland 50...just so i can get an idea of the race for comparison

GeeM..you will be a lot faster than me.and yes an early start....had better set my alarm early
  • How'd it go Seren?
  • it was a brilliantly organised event........ a small field and they mainly seemed to be quick ones.....

but met up with a couple of runners which made the day and especially the evening more enjoyable....

a lovely route which was spoiled a little in the morning by fog on the peaks but lovely views around the lakes and in the afternoon.......

I unfortunately suffered again from blisters on the bottom of my feet which made every step painful and as I tensed up i caused problems with my legs muscles and so suffering now......no problems before last july and no every time i am blistering......will have to sort that out....

a bridge was out around mile 42 which meant a detour......that part was hard as the path was narrow and awkward and there were loads of stiles to hurt the legs...but again well marked and couldn't be helped......

so yes I would thoroughly recommend the series to anyone as the checkpoints were well manned and helpful and the directions were very well done........

• Well done seren, sounds like you had an emotional day image