What:4.5M Steady

Why: Okay recovery run.

Mild, wee bit smiry rain, no wind.

Catch up soon

Hope all injured/ no well recover soon.

Comments

• Opps

yesterdays lyrics:'I had a dream ' by Abba

No reason for choice, just a random song I remembered.

• Morning.

A bit grey here too birkmyre but no wind and no rain forecast.

What:              MLR
    Why:                I have the opportunity
    Last hard:      22/1
    Last rest:        3/3

Lyrics - not today.

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Mornin' Birkmyre and LHM, early birds.

12km easy run here last night. It's warming up, pass the Canaries today.

Gobi: Glad to see you bounced pretty well once again...It is interesting how things have changed. I now realize that I have three different helmets, all for different situations, but had not really thought about it before. What I'm trying to say is that once it becomes a habit and everyone is doing it then it's just the natural thing to do. Something like wearing seat belts...

Have a good Tuesday...
  • Good Day all.

1.2k swim d&d
    4 mile easy d&d

Midweek long run later

LMH - sounds like the same place (pool probably done up by now!) I think when i ran it the pool was closed - I always remember a temptation to jump in after the race!! - Enjoy it!

Des - enjoy the trip - I was up early too but training, not posting!!, although i'll never challenge Birks on the early mornings.

Thought - this last period of Marathon training is tough

Good day all

• DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    morning all!
    what - club night, so reps of some description
    why - tuesday
    last rest - thursday
    last hard - sundays lsr
  • GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    What: 90 minutes intervals on the bike on the loop of infinite pain
    GYM ?
    Run PM
    Why: I am a cyclist who jogs a bit
    Last hard: today
    Last rest: Wednesday 15th Feb.
    Lyrics: No but feel I should

Des - I have my commuting lid and my training racing lid. I also have a selection of Time trial lids(known as cock lids)

Took the bike to the bike shop today as I think there may be some damage to the forks or stem. Dropped my race wheels off to be checked as well. Could be expensive.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭

kick, said I would how did I not know those lyrics!

Yassoos last night,  Was supposed to aim for 6 I managed 5, first one maybe was a bit too quick, 4.10, 4.12, 4.15, 4.17, 4.16.  Happy with that though.  Hard work out last night, mile warm up and mile cool down.

desres pass the Canaries, how lovely!

what: club run later

why: tuesday

last hard: last night

last easy: saturday

have a good day all

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭

Afternoon all.

To join in on the helmet bandwagon, I also feel naked without one.  Riding to work every day is a bit hairy and I dread to think what could happen...

3 miles run last night.  Legs surprisingly ok although felt a bit stiff all day.  Today feel better, though still some stiffness.  Drove in today as wasn't feeling up to cycling this morning.

Rest day today.

Hope all the ailing recover soon.

The warm spring weather has been replaced by warm grey weather here!

Have a good day all.

• Afternoon

What 5.2 commute
    Why becoming a habit
    Lyrics no

Things are progressing nicely at the momment knee wise and I'm now considering adding a third run into the week.

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭

Afternoon!

Had a very long and hopefully productive consultation with physio this morning: the most thorough discussion/investigation I have ever had...1 hour 45 minutes! Much studying of the scan was followed by a physiology lecture including powerpoint. Video analysis followed whilst walking, standing on one leg/heels/tiptoes etc. Conclusion is that the Achilles injury is a result of a number of muscular weaknesses, inefficencies or misalignments, ranging from lower back, hamstrings, quads, calves, ankles to muscles in the feet. These problems have been compounded by the misdiagnosis of orthotics, in her view (so that's the 4th person since Christmas, although again she did say that they are suitable for some people). She moved my feet into the correct alignment and this immediately impacted on my hamstrings and quads. Lower leg and foot were taped into quite a comfortable yet correct position and was videoed again walking then running briefly on the treadmill. A few exercises to do for the feet only. Walking a couple of miles a day would be helpful. Have to be patient: she works on 100 days as the baseline figure for a complete cure of the underlying issues, but hopes that I will be able to do some gentle running long before that. Very impressed, and hope that this is light at the end of the tunnel rather than another false dawn!

And no to the lyrics, again...but how I did not get yesterday's!!

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • MadameOMadameO ✭✭✭

Afternoon,

Bit of a catch-up for me again... the few days leading up to a meeting are always a bit crazy, and this time I had a presention to do on the same day. Spent the remainder of the day getting small but necessary tasks done, as I just couldn't face any more mental energy!

That sounds very positive, Alehouse! Fingers crossed.

LMH - going back a bit - yes, I'm taking iron supplements. I think it's just the stress of the last few weeks catching up with me.

Great HM report Emzap, and great time - congratulations!

Congrats to Mrs RFJ too on the 10k.

Hope everyone is well - healing wishes to all with injuries/niggles/knocks.

What: Something

Why: Need to keep going

Last hard: Sunday's 14, which should have been 20

Last rest: Wednesday I think

Lyrics: Nope

Was supposed to be going to the cinema tonight, but having to swap it for a night in as I have post-work gift shopping to do, and a run to squeeze in. Fortunately G is extremely understanding, and never complains when I seem so rushed all the time... have booked Friday off for some breathing space though, so the weekend should be quite relaxed even with a million things squeezed in!

Have a nice evening everyone.

• Pammie*Pammie* ✭✭✭

Evening

I did post earlier after Alehouse don' know what happened

ok Action, take two....

Alehouse sounds positive, hope the light continues to shine brightly as you reach the end of the tunnel

Des how long does this trip take you, i'm guessing you won't be stopping off at The Canaries

Wabo nice session last night

Postie - Looks good take care

What: 7 miles run walk
    Why: Crazy is crazy does
    Last Hard Sunday

Lyrics: Don't be daft

posting now......

• Evening all,

Arriving Buenos Aires the 29th Pammie, non stop. It's a lot of water.

Terrific report Alehouse, the science of it all is quite fascinating. It all sounds very encouraging and I wish you well. Okay, it could be a moderately long road but three months, I'm sure you would be pleased with that.

Hi again MadameO, busy woman.

Yes Wabo, plus the weather is really good. I had an uplifting experience this afternoon when a swift landed on my porthole sill for a rest, heading North? It sat for a while, preened, then flew off. I think we're heading the wrong way. Nice Yassoos! What's a yassoo?

Pyramid session here this afternoon. Warm up then 500m @ 12km/hr, 13,14,15,16,15,14,13,12. 3 sets, 11 miles, 80 minutes.
  • Are you feeling any better MadameO?

Sounds good Alehouse.

May the comeback continue postie.

You really seem to have ramped the training up lately Pammie - anything specific in mind?

Des - send us some sunshine!

Hope you get your own run in tonight Wabo.

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Evening

alehouse;Sounds like positive newsimage

Paddy/DesRes: I'm a morning person which helps me get my runs in early.

• Pammie*Pammie* ✭✭✭

LMH - Nothing at the mo. Just gave myself a good talking to at the weekend running is free (well almost) so it shouldn't effect anything told myself to get out for least an hour each day whilst i'm not at work See how i feel after Thursday even if i don't run all the way.Was rather a nice one today.

I do these run walks when i plan to up my mileage quickly but safely and most importantly to keep it fun

Des Its a long way i could joke saying its a long way to Tipperary  but it will be when you're down there sorry i'll get my coat image

• Des - a yassoo is an implement cowboys use to catch wild cattle. Alternatively they are a predictor of your Marathon time. The theory is that if you can build up to 10 repeats of 800m in the same time as your marathon target you are ready! (but substitute hours and minutes for minutes and seconds) eg run your 800's in 3 min 30 secs and your'e ready to run a marathon in 3 hours 30 minutes. There isn't a jot of scientific proof of the theory but I believe they aren't far off the mark - anyway if you can build up from say 4 to 10 through your schedule they are a good marker of improvement and indeed a good session!! They theory was developed by Bart Yasso of Runner's World USA.

Midweek long run d&d - 18 miles including a good hill. Feeling good!

Good to hear from you MadameO

Ale - the signs are good!
  • RFJRFJ ✭✭✭

Alehouse, good and positive news

What - 8.5m at HR 149 ave
    Why - Still in base and getting fitter every run....
    Last Hard - Sun
    Last Rest - Yesterday

Take care

PS will be off line till thursday more than likely...

• SlowkoalaSlowkoala ✭✭✭
    Simply Red, Holding back the years...?!
  • Slow: Correct re lyrics