Butleigh Multi-Terrain Run

Hi,

anyone looking for an event in rural Somerset this Sunday?

Have you considered the Butleigh Multi-Terrain Run? Approximately 7 miles over fields, roads and footpaths, as well as through Butleigh's iconic stretch of Lebanese Cedars - the "Cedar Walk". Entries still welcome

It's a good challenge for club runners of all ages and abilities.

Cracking facilities and refreshments, some just call it "the Cake Race". Children's races around the safe perimeter of the co-hosts Playing Field at BA6 8SW

There are some photos on the events page under Butleigh Multi-terrain Run, also a Facebook page under the same name.

See you Sunday

Comments

• It's alll looking good for a decent turnout tomorrow, course being marked out now, lots of internet interest should be some new faces as well as regular visitors. Get there early to sign up, got a box of bananas for you all, when they're gone they're gone.

• One of my most enjoyable multi terrain races even with a dodgy ankle. It may be small but it was a lot of fun especially climbing over the gates and stiles.Definitely planning on coming back next year with the sister-in-law!

• Really enjoyed todays run.

A bit slippy underfoot though.

Good event, will do it again next year.

• yep, as everywhere, it's been a dreadful winter, things have dried out over the last few weeks, however recent rain on Thursday/ Friday and again last night and through the early hours went against us. It was so wet this am I feared that it might be postponed, but it was a great turnout considering and I spoke to lots of the finishers and everyone was being either extremely positive or just very polite. I'm glad you enjoyed it, I believe it to be a fair but tough run for experienced club runners My own son ran in the Bath Half-marathon a fortnight ago, and is of the view that today's race was far harder, but of course the underfoot conditions and your choice of footwear are key.