Friday 16th March 2012

Morning

Yesterdays lyrics:'Born to Run' by The Boss, Bruce Springsteen.

Love his new album 'Wrecking Ball'.

What:4.5M Steady

Why:A recovery session

Alex: Nice to have you back.

emzap: Good news.

Have a good Friday

Back later

Comments

• I should have got those birkmyre! You'd recommend his new album then?

What:                  short easy run
    Why:                    it's what Friday's are for
    Last hard:          22/1
    Last rest:            3/3

Lyrics - no.

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • tinebeesttinebeest ✭✭✭
    Morning!
    Ah, I should have come here yesterday, I ought to know those lyrics. Today's though- no idea.

What: 4.17M tempo (just checked and it was a bit longer than the 4M I always thought it was), 20 min in the middle at a higher pace than my usual snail pace.
    Why: trying to get used to run faster of three runs a week. Ha
    Last hard: Sunday's long run felt significantly worse
    Last rest: Wed-Thu

LMH: you asked about Cambridge- They did not want me. Their loss image I have also got a rejection from Durham, but still have some hope for Manchester, Portsmouth and yesterday sent off an application for Warwick. Newcastle to follow in April. If anyone accepts the premise that a historian of old China can do modern China (which is easily demonstrated), I should be in with a chance. If all else fails, I still have a year in Leiden and then may have to look into the Junior Research Fellowships in Oxbridge (pays peanuts, but you get a nice monkey cage and peace and quiet) or go State-side. A woolshop is also still one of the options I entertain every now and then...
  • Happy Fridays All,

Enjoy your easy run LMH.

No idea on the lyrics Birkmyre...

Good luck with your applications tinebeest, though I suddenly have a picture of the wool shop in Wallace & Grommit's "A Close Shave".

Back later...
  • GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    All the best with that Tinebeest

What: 90 minutes on the bike d&d
    Gym lunchtime
    Why: Did someone say Crunchie ?
    Last hard: yesterday
    Last rest: Wednesday 15th Feb
    Lyrics: No

I ran last night and did a few reps close to flat out. I did then have to back off but there has been no really bad reaction. MRI results in 6 days but there is improvement. Run miles this week 7 !!!!
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭

Good luck with the job applications Tinebeest.  My OH has just got his 1st postdoc, so we've got many years of the fun of academic job cycles ahead!

LMH  No, the move is still on the cards.  It's not until much later in the year though, so will be good to get some experience in the next step up the career ladder before going.  Should make it easier to find jobs when I get there too.

What: Nada.

Why: Feel like a rest image

Also won another Olympic Park Run competition last night.  It was quite embarrassing when they rang, and I had to say, actually I already won a place!  I think this week is lucky (having never won a competition ever, winning 2 in one week!).  I'm going to buy a lottery ticket!

Happy St Paddy's Day  and happy birthday for tomorrow Wabo.

• DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    morning all, happy friday!

didnt know the lyric yesterday after all, wasn't even close (I'm no Springsteen fan), not sure today either

managed to make it to the club session last night, 2m w/up, then 20 x hill pyramids, 2m c/d
    regretting it now....wooden legs
    Today - either 2-3 easy or nada
    Why - planning a 22miler lsr tomorrow am, as Sunday is Mothers Day and I'm sure the girls/wife won't approve of me going awol for 3+ hours

have a super weekend
  • RFJRFJ ✭✭✭

Good news Gobi

Working form home today, so will be going out later for a run and Lunch with Mrs RFJ too. Then Body blaance later as well.

Couldn't place the song yetserday but as soon as Bruce was mentioned I twigged... todays are familur, but again cannot place...

Dustin - tell the girls that have to look after their Mum while you are out....!!!!

• Shame Tinebeest but obviously not where you're meant to be at the minute. Sounds as though you have plenty of irons in the fire.

Des - are you soaking up lots of sun?

Gobi - progress, yay!

emzap - when do you commence your new role?

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    LMH: Not really sure.  I think I'll be eased into it as I've started taking up more responsibility over the last month or so anyway.  It's now just official and so I can be given more things to do, and some things at the next level (if that makes any sense!).
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭

morning all

cheers emzap!

Lyrics no

gobi, good stuff

what: nothing

why: out celebrating tonight

last hard: last nights 3 miler that just got faster and faster running with someone far quicker than myself!

last easy: weds

have a club relay tomorrow afternoon then off to spurs then brick lane, should be a fun birthday! (well some of it....)

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • 24.3 miles d&d. Finishing strong again. Pi55ed rain from start to finish. Didn't mind too much though as i was feeling good. Easy weekend ahead with a swim and a short run only now as today was scheduled rest day.

I can bring kids to parade now and be available for Mrs pm's double day on Sunday.

Emzap - havent run Belfast but know a few that have. Mixed reports, but a race that is improving but has a way to go. the course is interesting but after you cross the Motorway at mile 16 or 17 there is an exposed stretch by the water which can be tough. The course has a few hills but nothing in the tough bracket. Enjoy. I can find out a bit more if you are interested.

Wabo - enjoy the game and enjoy the Birthday
  • LMUH: Sure would, headr most of the tunes on his official sight when they previewed Wrecking Ball officially.