Vitamin D cured my knees

Thought i'd share a success story, in the hope it might help someone else. I'm a 55 year old male, and have been running for about 5 years. In all that time,i have suffered with aches and pains in my joints, particularly my knees. I was allright up to 8 or 9 miles, then the aching  would start. I've finished quite a few half marathons in pain, and the Edinburgh Marathon in agony. During that time, i have tried everything, different shoes, knee supports,Glucosamine Sulphate, shorter runs in training, longer gaps between runs, pain killers, sprays, the whole works. A couple of months ago, i developed a pain in my spine, and an x ray revealed i had demineralised bones. a further blood test revealed a significant lack of vitamin D. My doctor put me on a course of the vitamin, and after about a month, my knees are virtually cured. In the last few weeks, ive run 2 half marathons, and a 17 mile run, with hardly a twinge. I happened upon this purely by chance , and cant believe my luck. I'm elated! If you have been suffering with joint pains, and cant find a cause, it might be worth looking into your vitamin D intake. I hope this can be some use to someone out there

Comments